Author Topic: The Disappearance of Nicola Bulley.  (Read 10731 times)

Offline Rossb

Re: The Disappearance of Nicola Bulley.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »
Thanks for starting, I seen interview of both friend family and partner, police say no info to suggest a third party. This is a bit strange I have seen timelines etc of what they think in that timeline. One theory was the dog fell in river but nothing being reported of the dog wet. But it seems the family and friend possibly thinks something more sinister. Can we wrap our brains around this please?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 12:35:20 PM »
It's a strange one that's true. My daughter & I were discussing it but they aren't giving much away. Our questions were;

Was the dog wet? Was it tied up to the bench? Did the woman normally get involved in work-related calls when walking the dog? Was the river's current strong enough to carry a body away? What was the couple's relationship like? Where was her partner at the time of the disappearance?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 01:57:28 PM »
Thanks for starting, I seen interview of both friend family and partner, police say no info to suggest a third party. This is a bit strange I have seen timelines etc of what they think in that timeline. One theory was the dog fell in river but nothing being reported of the dog wet. But it seems the family and friend possibly thinks something more sinister. Can we wrap our brains around this please?

The police are working to a hypothesis that Nicola fell into the river.  But there is no evidence supporting that so I think friends and family are right to be worried.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the Hell they are going through.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Myster

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 02:20:51 PM »
Springer spaniels love water.  An uncle's once jumped into my small pond without hesitation or prompting, killing several goldfish in the process.  Nicola's spaniel was dry when found, so I find it hard to believe that if she threw a tennis ball into the river, her dog wouldn't have dived in after it.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 02:58:59 PM »
Springer spaniels love water.  An uncle's once jumped into my small pond without hesitation or prompting, killing several goldfish in the process.  Nicola's spaniel was dry when found, so I find it hard to believe that if she threw a tennis ball into the river, her dog wouldn't have dived in after it.

Nicola Bulley's Strava pictures of her regular morning walk reveal that she usually kept a harness on her dog - including when in the water - raising questions about why it was found close to where she vanished a week ago.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11710107/Why-did-Nicola-Bulley-dogs-harness-off.html?ico=related-replace

Agreed.

The police are still keeping all options open with apparently no let up in searching ~ and still actively looking for Nicola ~ including a close search of the car park. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 05:06:26 PM »
It's a strange one that's true. My daughter & I were discussing it but they aren't giving much away. Our questions were;

Was the dog wet? Was it tied up to the bench? Did the woman normally get involved in work-related calls when walking the dog? Was the river's current strong enough to carry a body away? What was the couple's relationship like? Where was her partner at the time of the disappearance?
The dog wasn’t wet and it wasn’t tied to the bench.  Can’t see how the question relating to work-related calls is relevant. The river is tidal and was at low tide when Nicola went missing.  None of your business, I’m sure the police have thoroughly investigated the partner. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 05:09:08 PM »
The police have ruled out third party involvement on the basis that they believe there is no way for her to have left the footpath without having been captured on CCTV, nor for anyone to have removed her body unseen. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 05:10:31 PM »
Her family however are unconvinced and seem to believe she has been abducted.  I just hope they don’t get accused of “pushing their narrative” or “presenting abduction as fact” like some armchair detectives are wont to do.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 05:25:15 PM »
“Riley said that based on witness testimony, CCTV footage and telephone data, the force was confident that Bulley had never left the field in which she was last seen walking her spaniel, Willow. At a press conference she revealed that there was a window of only ten minutes in which Bulley’s movements were unaccounted for.”

“Riley said that dashcam, CCTV and doorbell footage had allowed detectives to “eliminate any trace so far of Nicola having left the riverside”.

She said, however, that there remained a CCTV blind spot between the field and Garstang Lane, where she could conceivably have left the area, and asked for any dashcam footage so as to rule the possibility out.”

Offline Myster

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 09:18:04 AM »
She isn't in the river or downstream according to some... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhpv3dNOGHI
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 10:01:32 AM »
She isn't in the river or downstream according to some... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhpv3dNOGHI
From Abbeystead, the river flows south through Dolphinholme to Garstang, where the Lancaster Canal crosses on a small aqueduct. One mile south, at Catterall, it meets its first major tributary, the River Calder. The river then turns westwards, flowing through St Michael's On Wyre where it is joined by its second major tributary, the River Brock. It becomes tidal below the weir at St Michael's.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 10:05:58 AM »
This man fell in a river and sadly it took two months for his body to be found, roughly the same depth as the river in St Michaels
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1729691/cheshire-body-missing-man-found-river-weaver
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 10:08:01 AM by Venturi Swirl »

Offline Rossb

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 10:44:12 AM »
From Abbeystead, the river flows south through Dolphinholme to Garstang, where the Lancaster Canal crosses on a small aqueduct. One mile south, at Catterall, it meets its first major tributary, the River Calder. The river then turns westwards, flowing through St Michael's On Wyre where it is joined by its second major tributary, the River Brock. It becomes tidal below the weir at St Michael's.

I can see it potentially being an accident. If that happened the body would dry up at some point not to sure though. But we have this ten minute time frame, phone left on bench, which quite possibly could have been Nicola walking to river and leaving phone on bench, either way it's hard to fathom.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 10:54:35 AM »
I can see it potentially being an accident. If that happened the body would dry up at some point not to sure though. But we have this ten minute time frame, phone left on bench, which quite possibly could have been Nicola walking to river and leaving phone on bench, either way it's hard to fathom.
She didn’t leave her phone on the bench.  It was pick up off the ground next to a tree by a passerby and placed on the bench.