Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 133483 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2019, 10:38:58 PM »
Come on, keep it on topic. Now that we're self-moderating.

If only, if only.  What a glory it would be.  But please do surprise me.

Offline The General

« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
If only, if only.  What a glory it would be.  But please do surprise me.
That means you too. Come on, at least enter in to the spirit of self-moderation.

Having said that, I'd best heed the warnings, as I've never read Kate's book, so resorting to posting smart arsed comments is all I've got  - O.....M....G.....I'm self-moderating.......I'm self-aware. I'm woke! Finally!
It took the liberation from moderation for me to reflect on my shortcomings.
Yo Davros.....WE DID IT!
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline puglove

« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2019, 12:42:17 AM »
That means you too. Come on, at least enter in to the spirit of self-moderation.

Having said that, I'd best heed the warnings, as I've never read Kate's book, so resorting to posting smart arsed comments is all I've got  - O.....M....G.....I'm self-moderating.......I'm self-aware. I'm woke! Finally!
Yo Davros.....WE DID IT!

What a delicious risotto. I felt so comfortable with this man, like when your homework is hard. He fed me brandy.

And all the time your small child is probably being violated.

Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline sadie

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2019, 12:53:44 AM »
I was going to make a similar point about KM P.74:

Our visits also gave us a convenient opportunity to pop to the loo or, in my case, to pick up an extra cardigan.

The bathroom at 5A was sandwiched between the 2 bedrooms with MM's bed against the wall bathroom side.  I don't want to get too picky here as without physically being there its difficult to know what was noisy and what wasn't and how any sounds travelled.  The wood front door may have been noisy to close and lock but then again flushing the toilet and washing hands afterwards creates noise too?!

But did Gerry flush the loo?

Our little boy was a terrible sleeper and we wouild creep upstairs, do the necessary and not bother with flushing.  He still woke up !  Little monkey waited a few minutes before crying out ... immediately after we had droppod to sleep ... every night, without fail.

We never flushed and maybe Gerry didn't either?  We just don't know, do we ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2019, 01:16:50 AM »
In my opinion you deliberately gave forum members the impression that you acted as the McCanns acted. You clearly didn't, and you don't know anyone else who did.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11040.msg556935#msg556935

In the UK it is part of a doctor's job to be aware of the dangers in the home, and as such they are very unlikely to make the mistake of leaving their own children home alone.
https://www.rospa.com/Home-Safety/Advice/General/Facts-and-Figures.aspx

They were staying at an aparthotel ... and their flat for the holiday period was their home.

Kate and Gerry were eating in the gardens to that aparthotel, sitting in the Tapas Restaurant, and were only about 50 metres away from their holiday home.  Suggest you measure that distance out and see just how close they were to the children.   

The group could see the rear of the apartment and the patio doors there were illuminated by the street lamp opposite.   They were on the land/ garden thta their holiday home was on ... and only 50 metres away; patio doors visible and within earshot.  They had not contravened any Law that I know of.  Do you ?

From the photo the Mccann set up was rather like Anthos holiday set up.  She gave a very clear description and there was nothing misleading there.  Nothing at all was deliberately misleading as you accuse her of

Why are you picking on her?

Offline sadie

« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2019, 01:34:22 AM »
I'm not the type of person who would be attracted to such resorts. Madeleine was excited about her holiday to Portugal, but didn't seem to have experienced anything Portuguese. All she did was spend her days in a very similar environment to the one she experienced at home. In fact she spent more days with the MW nursery staff than she did with the nursery staff at home, doing very similar activities. No rooting about in rock pools with her Dad, no boat trips to see the dolphins, no building sand castles with her family.

How do you know?   You don't do you?

Plenty of oportunities, between kids club to do all that ... and what about on the day that they went west, was it to Sagres?  What did they do on the beach there ?

TBQH the whole post seems off the mark to me.   You are in the land of fallacy, imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2019, 02:04:13 AM »

Yo Davros.....WE DID IT!
You might have succeeded but has Davros?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2019, 06:17:47 AM »
How do you know?   You don't do you?

Plenty of oportunities, between kids club to do all that ... and what about on the day that they went west, was it to Sagres?  What did they do on the beach there ?

TBQH the whole post seems off the mark to me.   You are in the land of fallacy, imo

If anyone's in fantasy land it's you, I'm afraid. I'm absolutely sure that Madeleine spent every day in the Mini Club and her parents took her nowhere except to the beach on Tuesday (or, according to the creche attendance sheets, Monday). She certainly didn't go to Sagres. I'm sure if the McCanns did things with their children during that holiday we would have heard all about it in Kate's book.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:00 AM »
If anyone's in fantasy land it's you, I'm afraid. I'm absolutely sure that Madeleine spent every day in the Mini Club and her parents took her nowhere except to the beach on Tuesday (or, according to the creche attendance sheets, Monday). She certainly didn't go to Sagres. I'm sure if the McCanns did things with their children during that holiday we would have heard all about it in Kate's book.

Non existent sex life was worth a mention though.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
What a cheap shot, typical sceptic shite though so to be expected.  Keep up the good work!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2019, 07:57:39 AM »

Morning, fellow early riser!

It seems only Kate was affected by this aversion to sex;

Gerry was incredibly understanding and supportive. He never made me feel guilty, he never pushed me and he never got sulky [madeleine]

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »

Gerry was incredibly understanding and supportive. He never made me feel guilty, he never pushed me and he never got sulky [madeleine]
That’s men for you, always up for it, no matter what.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2019, 09:02:23 AM »
That’s men for you, always up for it, no matter what.

@)(++(*
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
What a cheap shot, typical sceptic shite though so to be expected.  Keep up the good work!

Indeed!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2019, 09:29:37 AM »

It is a very 'cheap shot' indeed from psyche's which mean nothing but ill.  I am mindful of the sceptic eagerness for the failure of the marriage altogether despite their favour given to a serial divorcee.

Even the strongest of marriages suffer terribly if they survive at all after the loss of a child.  Kate's writing was cathartic for her ... it was also a true account which sadly may inform and help future parents who find themselves in similar circumstances.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....