Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132912 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #675 on: October 30, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
Congratulations for proving that she did not call anyone nutty.  She calls their correspondence nutty and themselves mentally ill. clear as day.
Trying to sort that one out is driving me nutty.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #676 on: October 30, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
Trying to sort that one out is driving me nutty.
It’s really very simple, I’m not sure why so many people are struggling with it.  Perhaps it’s down to sheer determination to see Kate in a bad light in every conceivable way.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #677 on: October 30, 2019, 10:23:19 PM »
It’s really very simple, I’m not sure why so many people are struggling with it.  Perhaps it’s down to sheer determination to see Kate in a bad light in every conceivable way.

I think she managed that all on her own with her unpleasant comments towards police officers who were only doing their job.  Who the bloody hell does she think she is?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #678 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:40 PM »
I think she managed that all on her own with her unpleasant comments towards police officers who were only doing their job.  Who the bloody hell does she think she is?
The mother of a missing child who felt badly let down by incompetent clueless coppers probably.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #679 on: October 30, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »
The mother of a missing child who felt badly let down by incompetent clueless coppers probably.

It's not surprising that the police were confused, GM couldn't even remember how he got into the apartment.  How much did he have to drink that night?

Curiously, KM never mentioned the praying Arab event in the apartment in her paperback, could that be because she forgot or because it was an embarrassing lack of control?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:59:17 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #680 on: October 30, 2019, 11:13:34 PM »
It's not surprising that the police were confused, GM couldn't even remember how he got into the apartment.  How much did he have to drink that night?

Curiously, KM never mentioned the praying Arab event in the apartment in her paperback, could that be because she forgot or because it was an embarrassing lack of control?

After all we've read about the PJ I don't think you can blame the mccanns for the PJ being totally clueless

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #681 on: October 30, 2019, 11:24:10 PM »

Or could it be that she didn’t consider that she was praying like an Arab at all?  Why would she be embarrassed to mention it?  She mentions other “embarrassing lack of control” moments.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #682 on: October 30, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
Poor lickle policemen all confused by those nasty, naughty McCanns, I mean don’t they receive any training in how to police in Portugal?  Or can any fool put on a uniform and stand around ineffectually chewing gum and scratching arse?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #683 on: October 30, 2019, 11:36:32 PM »
Poor lickle policemen all confused by those nasty, naughty McCanns, I mean don’t they receive any training in how to police in Portugal?  Or can any fool put on a uniform and stand around ineffectually chewing gum and scratching arse?

It won't work VS, everyone knows the police were totally professional in the face of stupidity by an English couple who apparently didn't read the guide to best childminding.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #684 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:41 PM »
It won't work VS, everyone knows the police were totally professional in the face of stupidity by an English couple who apparently didn't read the guide to best childminding.
Everyone knows do they?  Yeah right.  Everyone knows the Portuguese police conducted a piss poor investigation right from the start until Amaral was booted off.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #685 on: October 30, 2019, 11:54:59 PM »
I might have to read the book again!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #686 on: October 31, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »
Everyone knows do they?  Yeah right.  Everyone knows the Portuguese police conducted a piss poor investigation right from the start until Amaral was booted off.

What in your opinion would pass muster?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #687 on: October 31, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »
What in your opinion would pass muster?
A sense of urgency, coupled with a completely open mind, plenty of highly trained resources, efficient filing systems and cross referencing, rapid pursuance of credible leads, proper note and statement taking (audio recordings at the very least), professional translators, loads more but I’m getting ready right now...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #688 on: October 31, 2019, 09:01:38 AM »
A sense of urgency, coupled with a completely open mind, plenty of highly trained resources, efficient filing systems and cross referencing, rapid pursuance of credible leads, proper note and statement taking (audio recordings at the very least), professional translators, loads more but I’m getting ready right now...

You are attempting to compare the Met with its huge budget with a small region in Portugal where crime is rare. IMO the PJ did an extraordinary job in very difficult circumstances with limited funds. The McCanns and their associated created the circus which ultimately engulfed the entire investigation.  The illegal conduct by certain individuals associated with the McCanns post disappearance was appalling imo and I for one would still like to see them prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:05:56 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline barrier

« Reply #689 on: October 31, 2019, 09:04:48 AM »
You are attempting to compare the Met with its huge budget with a small region in Portugal where crime is rare. IMO the PJ did an extraordinary job in very difficult circumstances with limited funds.

The MET still haven't come up with the answer that contradicts the initial investigation either.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.