Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132912 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #735 on: October 31, 2019, 11:44:32 AM »
Oh but it certainly would have, no doctor could hold a licence to practise with such a conviction.  As it was, Kate McCann had to give up her career for several years.

no it wouldnt...you obviously dont know much about GMC regulations

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #736 on: October 31, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »

Thanks,but i'd be surprised if its positive.

My take on it is that she has stuck to the facts ie how he initially came to the attention of PJ via the reporter and then the claims of some members of T7 observing him around 5A on 3rd May at a time he said he was at home with his mother.  She claims PJ were feeding her snippets about him eg finding some article about Casanova being a paedophile and to keep daughters locked up.   She concludes PJ were wrong about RM in the same way they wrong about GM and herself. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #737 on: October 31, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
This topic is nothing at all to do with me or my claims. Do read Kate's book for a greater understanding of events which will enable you to draw your own conclusions.  The foreword is interesting giving reasons for the book being written ... easy to work out from thereon in I should imagine.
Also by doing so there is a slight chance of staying on topic.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg560130#msg560130
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #738 on: October 31, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
My take on it is that she has stuck to the facts ie how he initially came to the attention of PJ via the reporter and then the claims of some members of T7 observing him around 5A on 3rd May at a time he said he was at home with his mother.  She claims PJ were feeding her snippets about him eg finding some article about Casanova being a paedophile and to keep daughters locked up.   She concludes PJ were wrong about RM in the same way they wrong about GM and herself.

I forgot to add she did say she was irked and felt he was tactless when he remarked how his little girl looked like MM.  She didn't think his daughter could possibly be as beautiful as Madeleine.  P112/13.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #739 on: October 31, 2019, 12:55:33 PM »
So does that mean they deserved a poor investigation?   However a child disappears,  it is the Police who are given the job of finding the child.

The two things are not connected. The parents are completely responsible for their failures and the police for theirs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #740 on: October 31, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »

I think that is a reasonable synopsis of what Kate recalls in her book.  I wonder why the PJ felt compelled to drip poison in her ear about Murat despite as she later found out, they had no case against him?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #741 on: October 31, 2019, 01:04:11 PM »
The two things are not connected. The parents are completely responsible for their failures and the police for theirs.

I agree...it could be said that both the McCanns and the initial PJ investigation let Maddie down

Offline Brietta

« Reply #742 on: October 31, 2019, 01:07:19 PM »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #743 on: October 31, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »

If you take another look at what Kate has to say in her book you will see that both she and Gerry are painfully aware of their shortcomings.
One wonders why you feel the necessity to keep reminiscing about it.

Making the comparison with what Goncalo Amaral has to say about events of that period in his book I fail to see the same contrition for his actions.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #744 on: October 31, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »
I agree...it could be said that both the McCanns and the initial PJ investigation let Maddie down

If the McCanns did what they said they did then it's a fact that they let their daughter down. I'm not so sure about the initial investigation, because no-one with the appropriate knowledge has criticised it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #745 on: October 31, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »
If the McCanns did what they said they did then it's a fact that they let their daughter down. I'm not so sure about the initial investigation, because no-one with the appropriate knowledge has criticised it.

I have enough knowledge that amaral was woefully inept when he claimed he could prove Maddie died in the apartment and her death was covered up... And he tells us his viewd were shared by the rest of the team at the time

Offline Brietta

« Reply #746 on: October 31, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »

There is some mention of the police performance in Kate's book ... don't you consider she has the appropriate knowledge to mention what she experienced.

I think that for a long time when the police investigation was mentioned elsewhere it was paired with 'botched'.  A fair read of the book could point out why that was.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #747 on: October 31, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »
There is some mention of the police performance in Kate's book ... don't you consider she has the appropriate knowledge to mention what she experienced.

I think that for a long time when the police investigation was mentioned elsewhere it was paired with 'botched'.  A fair read of the book could point out why that was.

What was she comparing it with? 

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #748 on: October 31, 2019, 02:21:59 PM »

Let's get real.

Newspapers love to describe police investigations as 'botched'.

People who wish a different outcome from formal proceedings often describe them as 'botched'.

I am critical of certain aspects of OG's performance.  Should I, on this basis, describe their whole effort as 'botched'?

'Botched' is a soapbox description straight from the House of Commons, and is best left there.

Obviously IMO.

What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #749 on: October 31, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
What was she comparing it with?

Did I mention that Kate had compared it with anything?  Perhaps she did but having read the book yourself I thought you might have drawn your own conclusions for discussion rather than relying on my anecdotes for the starting point.
Like for example being unable either in Britain or in Portugal to run a Crimewatch style programme in cooperation with the police to catch the interest of holidaymakers who had returned home and who might have information, because of restrictions imposed by Portuguese law.
I can also state for a certainty that she was scathing about the illegal leaks emanating from the police which plagued the investigation.

There actually is a mine of information contained within the pages of Kates book ... so sad really that a minority of members appear only to be interested in the few words which sceptics have chosen to define it; or what a third party thinks rather than relying on informing themselves straight from the source.