Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 134228 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #885 on: November 02, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Kate did at least realise that they helped to create the media mayhem and that it might not help.

4th May 2007
We were quite surprised that people were giving interviews but it was understandable. After all, we’d been on the phone half the night to our friends and relatives, sobbing that nothing was being done and begging for their help. And we appreciated the swift response. We were just worried that any criticism of the police might not do us or, more to the point, Madeleine, any favours. [madeleine]

The thing is, things were being done, even if the McCanns weren't aware of it. I expect they felt like we've all felt when visiting A & E and the doctor's and nurses seem to be ignoring us. It doesn't mean they're doing nothing, it just feels like it. Then there's the idea that people in another country can help. How could speaking to the media in that country make a difference? It was more likely to upset the people that the McCanns were criticising, which indeed didn't help matters at all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #886 on: November 02, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »
Kate did at least realise that they helped to create the media mayhem and that it might not help.

4th May 2007
We were quite surprised that people were giving interviews but it was understandable. After all, we’d been on the phone half the night to our friends and relatives, sobbing that nothing was being done and begging for their help. And we appreciated the swift response. We were just worried that any criticism of the police might not do us or, more to the point, Madeleine, any favours. [madeleine]

The thing is, things were being done, even if the McCanns weren't aware of it. I expect they felt like we've all felt when visiting A & E and the doctor's and nurses seem to be ignoring us. It doesn't mean they're doing nothing, it just feels like it. Then there's the idea that people in another country can help. How could speaking to the media in that country make a difference? It was more likely to upset the people that the McCanns were criticising, which indeed didn't help matters at all.

Why do you think the Portuguese police weren't professional enough to ignore criticism and get on with the job in hand which was finding out what happened to Madeleine? Why waste time focusing on "the badly told story" of witness statements which I doubt anyone had had the time to collate or consider particularly some which were probably still being taken when the police were already briefing Jose Manuel Oliveira the crime reporter for the 'Diario de Noticias' of their suspicions.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #887 on: November 02, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Why do you think the Portuguese police weren't professional enough to ignore criticism and get on with the job in hand which was finding out what happened to Madeleine? Why waste time focusing on "the badly told story" of witness statements which I doubt anyone had had the time to collate or consider particularly some which were probably still being taken when the police were already briefing Jose Manuel Oliveira the crime reporter for the 'Diario de Noticias' of their suspicions.

I have made my point using information from 'madeleine'.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #888 on: November 02, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
I have made my point using information from 'madeleine'.
OK ... perhaps Kate might not have mentioned Jose Manuel Oliveira by name but she most certainly does make mention of the breaches of the law with the police setting the agenda by leaking information to the press.

In my opinion the first such was "A Badly Told story" on 5th May.
In Kate's opinion it was the ‘Pact of Silence’ on 3oth June.
Snip
This was probably the first article openly to cast doubt on our version of the events of 3 May. It raised suspicions about us and our friends, about our characters and about our potential involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance
madeleineKate McCann

This is quite ironic given that the McCanns and their friends were silent because their silence was demanded by Portuguese laws on secrecy while the police enjoyed free rein to break the law as often and however they pleased.

Both these news items carried out the task of painting the victims of the crime against them and Madeleine in the worst possible light.  Is that really what the police should have been doing in the best interests of a missing child?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:07:43 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #889 on: November 02, 2019, 08:18:17 PM »

How do you know the McCanns are victims?

I'm yet to see any proof that they didn't do it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #890 on: November 02, 2019, 08:45:17 PM »
OK ... perhaps Kate might not have mentioned Jose Manuel Oliveira by name but she most certainly does make mention of the breaches of the law with the police setting the agenda by leaking information to the press.

In my opinion the first such was "A Badly Told story" on 5th May.
In Kate's opinion it was the ‘Pact of Silence’ on 3oth June.
Snip
This was probably the first article openly to cast doubt on our version of the events of 3 May. It raised suspicions about us and our friends, about our characters and about our potential involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance
madeleineKate McCann

This is quite ironic given that the McCanns and their friends were silent because their silence was demanded by Portuguese laws on secrecy while the police enjoyed free rein to break the law as often and however they pleased.

Both these news items carried out the task of painting the victims of the crime against them and Madeleine in the worst possible light.  Is that really what the police should have been doing in the best interests of a missing child?

Several days before it was published, all of us – Fiona, David, Jane, Russell, Matt and Rachael, as well as Gerry and I – had been contacted on our mobile phones by a reporter. Everyone had given her short shrift, but it was clear that somebody hadprovided her not only with our mobile numbers, but with other personal information, too. She had addressed me as Kate Healy, and although this was the name by which I was always known before Madeleine’s abduction, since then I’d only ever been referred to as Mrs McCann. She called Gerry ‘Gerald’, a name he never uses. She knew that Jane and Russell had recently moved to Devon. [madeleine]

It's suprising what investigative journalists can do. How did British journalists find Millie Dowler's phone number?
The Sol journalist may have called Gerry 'Gerald' when he phoned her to complain, but not in her article.
https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/madeleine-case-pact-of-silence.html

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #891 on: November 02, 2019, 11:02:27 PM »

What would you accept as proof?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #892 on: November 02, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »
Several days before it was published, all of us – Fiona, David, Jane, Russell, Matt and Rachael, as well as Gerry and I – had been contacted on our mobile phones by a reporter. Everyone had given her short shrift, but it was clear that somebody hadprovided her not only with our mobile numbers, but with other personal information, too. She had addressed me as Kate Healy, and although this was the name by which I was always known before Madeleine’s abduction, since then I’d only ever been referred to as Mrs McCann. She called Gerry ‘Gerald’, a name he never uses. She knew that Jane and Russell had recently moved to Devon. [madeleine]

It's suprising what investigative journalists can do. How did British journalists find Millie Dowler's phone number?
The Sol journalist may have called Gerry 'Gerald' when he phoned her to complain, but not in her article.
https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/madeleine-case-pact-of-silence.html

As far as Kate was concerned the Judicial police flouted the much vaunted secrecy laws by releasing confidential information from official documents to Portuguese reporters.  Exactly as described by Jose Manuel Oliveira.  Kate complained and despite agreement from Luis Neves and Guilhermino Encarnacao that the PJ must have leaked the information illegally "no internal inquiry was ever launched". madeleineKate McCann

By the way ... a journalist hacked Milly Dowler's phone ... not the police. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14017661  the Portuguese police leaked the content of confidential documents and despite the secrecy laws nothing was done. Journalists were arrested over the phone hacking scandal and some were jailed for it. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hacking-trial-judge-reveals-how-milly-dowlers-voicemail-was-hacked-as-journalists-jailed-9584249.html

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #893 on: November 02, 2019, 11:08:25 PM »

Because Kate said so in interviews and in her book?
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #894 on: November 02, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
As far as Kate was concerned the Judicial police flouted the much vaunted secrecy laws by releasing confidential information from official documents to Portuguese reporters.  Exactly as described by Jose Manuel Oliveira.  Kate complained and despite agreement from Luis Neves and Guilhermino Encarnacao that the PJ must have leaked the information illegally "no internal inquiry was ever launched". madeleineKate McCann

By the way ... a journalist hacked Milly Dowler's phone ... not the police. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14017661  the Portuguese police leaked the content of confidential documents and despite the secrecy laws nothing was done. Journalists were arrested over the phone hacking scandal and some were jailed for it. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hacking-trial-judge-reveals-how-milly-dowlers-voicemail-was-hacked-as-journalists-jailed-9584249.html

To hack into a phone you need to know the number.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2019, 01:17:27 AM »
Because Kate said so in interviews and in her book?
You are entirely wrong there.  Never once did Kate claim to be a victim in her book although I remember her constant referral to and empathy with all those who are the victims of crime.

Goncalo Amaral may have claimed he was the victim but Kate made it plain that the victim is Madeleine, not him.

The closest she comes to describing herself is in relation to the system with reference to Robert Murat's experiences at the hands of the police when she writes ... "Once we fell victim ourselves to the vagaries of the Portuguese police system, we soon discovered how easy it was for two and two to be put together to make five."
When given access to the files careful reading revealed that the police never had any real evidence against him, no wonder she was able to empathise with him.

In my opinion anyone who has a relative who vanishes whatever the circumstances is a victim of that disappearance.  Having read and listened to the experts who are the relatives of the missing I have a clear understanding that lives are changed by it forever and some lives and relationships are destroyed by it; but everyone is a victim to one degree or another.

Kate McCann is no different from any one of these bereaved  people ... or would you deny her the right to that unwelcome and unwanted status as well.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #896 on: November 03, 2019, 08:04:00 AM »
You are entirely wrong there.  Never once did Kate claim to be a victim in her book although I remember her constant referral to and empathy with all those who are the victims of crime.

Goncalo Amaral may have claimed he was the victim but Kate made it plain that the victim is Madeleine, not him.

The closest she comes to describing herself is in relation to the system with reference to Robert Murat's experiences at the hands of the police when she writes ... "Once we fell victim ourselves to the vagaries of the Portuguese police system, we soon discovered how easy it was for two and two to be put together to make five."
When given access to the files careful reading revealed that the police never had any real evidence against him, no wonder she was able to empathise with him.

In my opinion anyone who has a relative who vanishes whatever the circumstances is a victim of that disappearance.  Having read and listened to the experts who are the relatives of the missing I have a clear understanding that lives are changed by it forever and some lives and relationships are destroyed by it; but everyone is a victim to one degree or another.

Kate McCann is no different from any one of these bereaved  people ... or would you deny her the right to that unwelcome and unwanted status as well.

It would depend on why and how Madeleine disappeared.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #897 on: November 03, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »
It would depend on why and how Madeleine disappeared.
But speaking as someone who doesn’t believe the McCanns were directly involved in Madeleine’s disappearance...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #898 on: November 03, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »

By their own actions they remain suspects in the eyes of Portugal's highest court.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #899 on: November 03, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »
By their own actions they remain suspects in the eyes of Portugal's highest court.

I think that's complete an utter tripe
I think the SC judgement is not fit for purpose and will shown to be by the ECHR
I think you are taking the thread off topic

by the logic of teh SC....Barry George is still a suspect in the Dando case as he has not been declared innocent
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:04:16 AM by Davel »