Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 131422 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

KM's Paperback (PB)
« on: October 21, 2019, 11:06:25 AM »
I was amazed when I arrived at chapter 20 to find it entitled 'The good, the bad and the mad; the mad referring to those suffering mental illness.  Somewhat worrying to hear such a label given to the mentally ill by a medi doctor and former GP who goes on to explain correspondence received from such individuals went into the 'Nutty' box.  (Page 379).
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
I was amazed when I arrived at chapter 20 to find it entitled 'The good, the bad and the mad; the mad referring to those suffering mental illness.  Somewhat worrying to hear such a label given to the mentally ill by a medi doctor and former GP who goes on to explain correspondence received from such individuals went into the 'Nutty' box.  (Page 379).

I dint see anything wrong with it and it's a good description of where some of the ridiculous theories belong

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »

Obviously her six-month stint working in psychiatry was well spent. It enabled her to diagnose schizophrenics and manic depressives who contacted them!
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »
Obviously her six-month stint working in psychiatry was well spent. It enabled her to diagnose schizophrenics and manic depressives who contacted them!

One might have hoped she would have more empathy for the mentally ill than describing them as "mad" and telling anyone that read her pb that she placed their correspondence in the "nutty box".  8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
I dint see anything wrong with it and it's a good description of where some of the ridiculous theories belong

I see a clear distinction between mediums, psychics etc and the mentally ill. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »
One might have hoped she would have more empathy for the mentally ill than describing them as "mad" and telling anyone that read her pb that she placed their correspondence in the "nutty box".  8(8-))

After what she's been through her patience seems to have deserted her;

All GPs have a handful of patients who present with comparatively trivial problems. In view of what I’ve been through, and am going through still, I’d be concerned I wouldn’t have quite the sympathetic ear I once
possessed. [madeleine]

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 03:38:32 PM »
I see a clear distinction between mediums, psychics etc and the mentally ill.

I'd be interested in seeing kates exact words and phrases.... Your paraphrasing may not give a accurate representation.

Referring to avtheory as mad... May not be implying mental illness

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing kates exact words and phrases.... Your paraphrasing may not give a accurate representation.

Referring to avtheory as mad... May not be implying mental illness

So for every baddy [sic] there are a thousand goodies; probably many more.  And then there are those it is impossible to be sure about - the folk whose correspondence goes into the 'Nutty' box.  We must assume that most of these letters, though not necessarily all of them, are sent by people suffering from mental illness, and I don't want to make light of their problems. Page 379. 

I don't wish to sound sanctimonious but I think a medi doc/former GP referring to the mentally ill and/or their correspondence as 'nutty' is somewhat misplaced. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 04:32:50 PM »
According to the following 'nuts' is among the most commonly used labels to stigmatise people with mental illness:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1925070/

Offline Myster

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
So for every baddy [sic] there are a thousand goodies; probably many more.  And then there are those it is impossible to be sure about - the folk whose correspondence goes into the 'Nutty' box.  We must assume that most of these letters, though not necessarily all of them, are sent by people suffering from mental illness, and I don't want to make light of their problems. Page 379. 

I don't wish to sound sanctimonious but I think a medi doc/former GP referring to the mentally ill and/or their correspondence as 'nutty' is somewhat misplaced.
Why a sic for baddy?... that's just another way of spelling it!   Tesko's email to them about his ghostly visions in the derelict building must have gone into their 'Nutty' box.  Needless to say they never replied!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
After what she's been through her patience seems to have deserted her;

All GPs have a handful of patients who present with comparatively trivial problems. In view of what I’ve been through, and am going through still, I’d be concerned I wouldn’t have quite the sympathetic ear I once
possessed. [madeleine]

Does she mention what her daughter had been through being 'abucted' by paedophiles? in that same sentence  or was it just aboutv her?

I never got the book, I just discussed some contents with friends who read it.  The overall view was itwas very badly written, childish name calling, and parts which seem to be an after thought.   vVery little about thei daughter and more about the parents  so why call it 'Madeleine'?  cha ching!

"I don't wish to sound sanctimonious but I think a medi doc/former GP referring to the mentally ill and/or their correspondence as 'nutty' is somewhat misplaced."

Our Kate loves to call names and be very judgemental but hates it directed at her. poor her eh?

Very interesting about the mental illness-  Kate claimes to have suffred depression herself AND tried to claim compensation from Amaral for her 'suffering'.(She failed to provide diagnosis or evidence) when asked by the judge what cause more pain  sAmaraks book or their daughter disappearing... yup the book was the correct reply!

I was shocked by that whole farce.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »

I think if you dislike teh mccanns as you do you will find fault with just about every word kate says....i dont see it as anything of significance

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »

Sorry, are you the same person who was taking the piss out of Kate’s background and accent a few days ago?  How would you describe such people collectively?  Personally I think “nutty” is a preferable label to “mentally ill”, but that’s just me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
Kate believed in God, you don't.
Gerry fell on the ground and prayed like an Arab, I doubt if you would do that.
Kate and Gerry took Cuddle Cat to Fatima and later to the Pope, why would she do that?

And yet you think she has it over those who have different beliefs. 

When I read that chapter I felt Kate was going over the top picking on my theory.  In spite of all of this Kate's mum, Susan Healy, joined my Facebook group and the other day became one of my Facebook friends.  That has me rather baffled TBH.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 12:06:13 AM »
Kate believed in God, you don't.
Gerry fell on the ground and prayed like an Arab, I doubt if you would do that.
Kate and Gerry took Cuddle Cat to Fatima and later to the Pope, why would she do that?

And yet you think she has it over those who have different beliefs. 

When I read that chapter I felt Kate was going over the top picking on my theory.  In spite of all of this Kate's mum, Susan Healy, joined my Facebook group and the other day became one of my Facebook friends.  That has me rather baffled TBH.
Ask her to join here - it would be interesting to see if people self moderate knowing Kate’s mother is reading.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly