Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132564 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »
Unfortunately it seems this particular board is unable to function based on the high level rules set out on the homepage therefore John is required to intervene in a way that isn't required on other boards here. 

What is provocative to some is intolerance for others. 

GA has to date been able to publish a book claiming the McCanns accidentally killed MM and covered it up despite the McCanns attempts to stop him via various legal means and courts.  They have received an onslaught of bad publicity from across the globe coupled with death threats.  Do you really think they are bothered about some faceless entity on a discussion board referring to KM's PB Liverpudlian style?  If they are not bothered then why would it bother anyone here?  As I said imo its all about control. 

And if those here are so bothered what are they doing to wage the war elsewhere which unlike comments here is quite vitriolic?   

John removed a post you directed at me... I hadn't complained but he obviously thought it was goading

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:26:35 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
You make out as if I deliberately distorted "the facts" - as if I should have known already all the points you make.  This one fact remains however - at least one member of that forum found your banter disrespectful, so your claim that "at least at the JBF they had a sense of humour" is not entirely accurate.

One member objected to ANY comment about adoption and I've explained as best I can, without betraying confidences (which btw John is aware of), why.  Nothing to do with the light-hearted banter about stereotypical cultural differences between northerners and southerners.  And as I pointed out Admin, a non-practicing UK criminal defence barrister, ultimately decided what went and what didn't and given the posts are years old he clearly deemed what was posted entirely acceptable.

At the end of the day people online and offline object to all manner of things.  If everyone pandered to what the minority object to life as we know wouldn't continue. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
John removed a post you directed at me... I hadn't complained but he obviously thought it was goading

John is perfectly entitled to override any decisions made by mods as he did with the recent image you objected to.

I was horrified when I watched a world cup qualifying game last week, England v Bulgaria, to see and hear racist chants leveled at black players and Nazi salutes.  This imo is where the line needs to be drawn not silly plays on words as experienced here. 

This board is completely different from other boards here and elsewhere.  I still haven't read Pathfinder's theory yet which is behind an iron like curtain.  My preference is that all views, within reason, should be tolerated and debated without fear of censorship. 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 09:28:01 PM by Robittybob1 »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »
John is perfectly entitled to override any decisions made by mods as he did with the recent image you objected to.

I was horrified when I watched a world cup qualifying game last week, England v Bulgaria, to see and hear racist chants leveled at black players and Nazi salutes.  This imo is where the line needs to be drawn not silly plays on words as experienced here. 

This board is completely different from other boards here and elsewhere.  I still haven't read Pathfinder's theory yet which is behind an iron like curtain.  My preference is that all views, within reason, should be tolerated and debated without fear of censorship.

The problem is the line has already been drawn... I was warned for referring to amaral as a convicted criminal... Even though he is.  I'm in favour of less rules.. But it appears other posters, are not and ultimately it's Johns decision.
I happened to mention Vanessa May was an Olympic skier... The post was, removed by a mod as I didn't supply a cite quickly enough

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2019, 11:22:41 AM »

Are there any other boards where two parents who have not been arrested.... Who we are told, are not suspects and there is no evidence against them... Are, accused on a daily basis as being guilty of some quite serious crimes
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:40:18 AM by Davel »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2019, 11:45:01 AM »
Are there any other boards where two parents who have not been arrested.... Who we are told, are not suspects and there is no evidence against them... Are, accused on a daily basis as being guilty if sone quite serious crimes

None spring to mind but even when those accused are put on trial and convicted for infanticide doesn't unfortunately make the verdict the correct one eg Lindy Chamberlain, Sally Clarke and Trupti Patel. 

Imo much of the problem lies with the experts who seem unable to communicate in unambiguous terms exactly what any evidence means and doesn't mean in a manner that lay people can understand and agree upon.  This then proliferates in that the media, book authors etc misunderstand and misinterpret such info which in turn the general public pick up on.   

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2019, 12:42:55 PM »
None spring to mind but even when those accused are put on trial and convicted for infanticide doesn't unfortunately make the verdict the correct one eg Lindy Chamberlain, Sally Clarke and Trupti Patel. 

Imo much of the problem lies with the experts who seem unable to communicate in unambiguous terms exactly what any evidence means and doesn't mean in a manner that lay people can understand and agree upon.  This then proliferates in that the media, book authors etc misunderstand and misinterpret such info which in turn the general public pick up on.   ...

I think the experts have explained perfectly well... But some don't want to accept it..there's a faie amount in amarals book that simply isn't true... But again people have believed him

Offline The General

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2019, 12:52:20 PM »
I think the experts have explained perfectly well... But some don't want to accept it..there's a faie amount in amarals book that simply isn't true... But again people have believed him
What specifically isn't true? And then what is the truth?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2019, 01:12:16 PM »
hehehe....dogs. I thought it would take at least until page 2!
Keep going.
Is this on topic? I hope so, can't wait to finally hear the truth.

You asked a question... Don't complain..
1. If you want, an answer
2 . If you want me to list others

Offline The General

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
You asked a question... Don't complain..
1. If you want, an answer
2 . If you want me to list others
Give me the truth goddammit.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
Give me the truth goddammit.

I've just given you one very good example and you take the p... There is more but why should I bother

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
One member objected to ANY comment about adoption and I've explained as best I can, without betraying confidences (which btw John is aware of), why.  Nothing to do with the light-hearted banter about stereotypical cultural differences between northerners and southerners.  And as I pointed out Admin, a non-practicing UK criminal defence barrister, ultimately decided what went and what didn't and given the posts are years old he clearly deemed what was posted entirely acceptable.

At the end of the day people online and offline object to all manner of things.  If everyone pandered to what the minority object to life as we know wouldn't continue.
I don't really give a toss what was posted years ago on the Jeremy Bamber forum - this is about what you as a moderator of this forum continued to post KNOWING FULL WELL it winds people up.  If you were just another WUM then fair enough, but you're not, you're a moderator - you're supposed to keep the peace not provoke a reaction - do you still not get it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2019, 01:33:44 PM »
I don't really give a toss what was posted years ago on the Jeremy Bamber forum - this is about what you as a moderator of this forum continued to post KNOWING FULL WELL it winds people up.  If you were just another WUM then fair enough, but you're not, you're a moderator - you're supposed to keep the peace not provoke a reaction - do you still not get it?

That is precisely the point.... Surely it's, the mods job to keep the forym running smoothly... Not to sow discord deliberately

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »

I find members here, whether they be moderators or posters, get wound up by all sorts even abbreviating names of the main protagonists by using their initials.  If I pandered to the whims of everyone I wouldn't make a single post which I rather suspect is the objective of some!

And it isn't just for moderators to keep the peace.  Everyone has a role to play in the smooth running of the forum.  As I see it there are too few here who are actually interested in discussing the facts of the case as they see them and too many who want nothing more than to engage in spats of one description or another. 

John has intervened and added the word under question to the library of banned words so the matter has been concluded.  Any further references to such will be edited/removed.   

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2019, 01:56:10 PM »
That is precisely the point.... Surely it's, the mods job to keep the forym running smoothly... Not to sow discord deliberately

It is the role of everyone to contribute to the smooth running of the forum.