Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 131436 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2019, 03:52:11 PM »
IMO that is an absurd conclusion on your part.  Do you SERIOUSLY believe Kate's book downplays the unique situation of Madeleine's disappearance?  Incredible...
So what do you think Kate should have done to highlight the unique situation of her daughter's disappearance more than she already did?

Yes and I am not just referring to the finished article but the events as told.  Specifically the McCanns insistence that what they were doing of an evening was akin to eating in the garden at home with the children asleep in their bedrooms when clearly it wasn't.  Also playing down the fact the patio doors were unsecured. 

It was the following evening, Sunday 3rd June - exactly a month after Madeleine's abduction - that Gerry and I opened up a little more to each other and shared some of the thoughts and anxieties that had been quietly tormenting us both; thoughts and anxieties that perhaps we hadn't felt able or ready to voice up to now.

We'd been sitting alone at the table, working at our computers.  It was quiet and the lights were low.  Though I can't remember how the conversation started, I'm glad it did.  We'd talked through the guilt we felt about not having been in that apartment with the children; about having left the patio doors unlocked.  How we found it hard to comprehend that we could have been so naive.  We acknowledged the possibility that Madeleine might no longer be alive; the possibility that we might never find out what had happened to her.  Would we ever be able to return to our home, the home we had shared with her?  Maybe we should move elsewhere.  Where?  We discussed the need we felt to do our utmost to prevent this from happening to another child; to prevent another family going through what we going through.  We have to ensure that something positive for someone, even if it wasn't us, came out of this horrific experience.

For me, the honest exposure of this buried poison was like lancing a boil.  Admitting these secret fears and concerns, bringing them out into the open and sharing them with the only other person who was persecuted in the same way, made them suddenly a little easier to understand and to manage.  Strengthened and comforted, I fell asleep that night more peacefully than I had in many days.

If they were only able to open up to each other about the patio doors on 3rd June then a whole month had passed when they were being reticent with what is arguably one of the most important features of the case.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
Yes and I am not just referring to the finished article but the events as told.  Specifically the McCanns insistence that what they were doing of an evening was akin to eating in the garden at home with the children asleep in their bedrooms when clearly it wasn't.  Also playing down the fact the patio doors were unsecured. 

It was the following evening, Sunday 3rd June - exactly a month after Madeleine's abduction - that Gerry and I opened up a little more to each other and shared some of the thoughts and anxieties that had been quietly tormenting us both; thoughts and anxieties that perhaps we hadn't felt able or ready to voice up to now.

We'd been sitting alone at the table, working at our computers.  It was quiet and the lights were low.  Though I can't remember how the conversation started, I'm glad it did.  We'd talked through the guilt we felt about not having been in that apartment with the children; about having left the patio doors unlocked.  How we found it hard to comprehend that we could have been so naive.  We acknowledged the possibility that Madeleine might no longer be alive; the possibility that we might never find out what had happened to her.  Would we ever be able to return to our home, the home we had shared with her?  Maybe we should move elsewhere.  Where?  We discussed the need we felt to do our utmost to prevent this from happening to another child; to prevent another family going through what we going through.  We have to ensure that something positive for someone, even if it wasn't us, came out of this horrific experience.

For me, the honest exposure of this buried poison was like lancing a boil.  Admitting these secret fears and concerns, bringing them out into the open and sharing them with the only other person who was persecuted in the same way, made them suddenly a little easier to understand and to manage.  Strengthened and comforted, I fell asleep that night more peacefully than I had in many days.

If they were only able to open up to each other about the patio doors on 3rd June then a whole month had passed when they were being reticent with what is arguably one of the most important features of the case.

Yet a, poster on this forum has done exactly the same and not one word if criticism...

Offline The General

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2019, 04:31:41 PM »
Yet a, poster on this forum has done exactly the same and not one word if criticism...
Probably because it didn't lead them to losing a child.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »
Probably because it didn't lead them to losing a child.

So it's OK to leave a child in an unlocked apt... You don't make a lot if sense

Offline The General

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
So it's OK to leave a child in an unlocked apt... You don't make a lot if sense
You miss the point; if a child doesn't go missing then nobody notices. Both are equally irresponsible, but with polar outcomes and probably totally different contexts. Then factor in the audience - the much vaunted sceptics / supporters axis that populate this board and the natural bias therein - is it that surprising?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »
You miss the point; if a child doesn't go missing then nobody notices. Both are equally irresponsible, but with polar outcomes and probably totally different contexts. Then factor in the audience - the much vaunted sceptics / supporters axis that populate this board and the natural bias therein - is it that surprising?

I haven't missed any point.... It's illogical that the mccanns have been described as shit parents but no criticism of a poster who did exactly the same

Offline The General

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2019, 05:20:28 PM »
I haven't missed any point.... It's illogical that the mccanns have been described as shit parents but no criticism of a poster who did exactly the same
No it's not. I don't know the poster or the circumstances, but the context may be different. I'm not explaining it again, not even for the all seeing eye.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
No it's not. I don't know the poster or the circumstances, but the context may be different. I'm not explaining it again, not even for the all seeing eye.
You think the context may be different  ..it was, exactly the same

Offline The General

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »
You think the context may be different  ..it was, exactly the same
Exactly? In Portugal? 5 nights running? Same distance? Same time frames? Same 'checking' regime? In May? 3 kids? Previous nights child mentions crying / being left alone? One child's supposed propensity to wander during bedtime hours?
Maybe you're right.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »
Exactly? In Portugal? 5 nights running? Same distance? Same time frames? Same 'checking' regime? In May? 3 kids? Previous nights child mentions crying / being left alone? One child's supposed propensity to wander during bedtime hours?
Maybe you're right.

Sorry you're right... No child named Madeleine ..not the same

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »

Your post doesn’t answer my question and sets up a particularly nonsensical strawman argument imo.  Once again you are adopting a well worn tactic of using Kate’s candid revelations as a stick with which to beat her.  If only she’d had the foresight to realise that every single sentence of her book would be held up as evidence of some wrongdoing or other perhaps she wouldn’t have bothered, which would have denied so many people like you so much entertainment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2019, 07:20:39 PM »
Sorry you're right... No child named Madeleine ..not the same
So you agree different contexts?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

Different names... Not context... In almost identical circumstances

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2019, 07:38:27 PM »
I’m running you a close second in the deleted posts game.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2019, 07:41:11 PM »
I’m running you a close second in the deleted posts game.

I think the best thing to do is not to post.... If moderators want to over moderate the forum let them do it