Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132713 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »
Hi G-Unit, I initially mentioned it because, in my experience, it is not an unusual practice at holiday resorts where we have been. The week that you book represents a sort or micro-community where you learn people’s names, chat and the children make new friends at the kids’s club. This is how I knew that other parents also left their children in their hotel rooms, because it was mentioned amongst some guests. Or, by simply overhearing someone mentioning their kids are in the hotel room. Where the rooms were and the ages of the children, I cannot recollect that I was ever asking for such detail and/or someone offering that sort of info.

I agree with Davel re. criticism against the McCann’s.

In my opinion you deliberately gave forum members the impression that you acted as the McCanns acted. You clearly didn't, and you don't know anyone else who did.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11040.msg556935#msg556935

In the UK it is part of a doctor's job to be aware of the dangers in the home, and as such they are very unlikely to make the mistake of leaving their own children home alone.
https://www.rospa.com/Home-Safety/Advice/General/Facts-and-Figures.aspx
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Anthro

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
Me: I want to share this, please. I do understand that it is a contentious issue: Our closest overseas break is Mauritius, Madagascar and Reunion. We have been to Mauritius a couple of times. The setup is the same as at the OC. Room overlooking the pool and dining area, kids going off to kids’ club during the day, kids having an early dinner at the restaurant, putting them to bed and we having our evening meal. We too went to check on them to make sure they are fine. Never, ever did it cross our minds that someone will enter our room, taking one of our children.

G-Unit: In my opinion you deliberately gave forum members the impression that you acted as the McCanns acted. You clearly didn't, and you don't know anyone else who did.

What exactly in trying to put across an analogy of a resort vacation, would make me ‘deliberately give forum members the impression ...’? Of course no single situation and context is the same, but you stating I know no one else who left their children in a hotel room while dining, is inaccurate. Fact is, I have come across resort guests in different localities over many years, doing something similar to what I and others were doing. This is exactly why I was referring to Davel’s comment because I cannot be compared to the McCann’s. Since my child did not go missing but theirs did, I should be criticized in the same way as the McCann’s, is something I regard as unjust. I also find the severe criticism against the McCann’s for their decision, unjust.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:18:42 PM by Anthro »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »
Me: I want to share this, please. I do understand that it is a contentious issue: Our closest overseas break is Mauritius, Madagascar and Reunion. We have been to Mauritius a couple of times. The setup is the same as at the OC. Room overlooking the pool and dining area, kids going off to kids’ club during the day, kids having an early dinner at the restaurant, putting them to bed and we having our evening meal. We too went to check on them to make sure they are fine. Never, ever did it cross our minds that someone will enter our room, taking one of our children.

G-Unit: In my opinion you deliberately gave forum members the impression that you acted as the McCanns acted. You clearly didn't, and you don't know anyone else who did.

What exactly in trying to put across an analogy of a resort vacation, would make me ‘deliberately give forum members the impression ...’? Of course no single situation and context is the same, but you stating I know no one else who left their children in a hotel room while dining, is inaccurate. Fact is, I have come across resort guests in different localities over many years, doing something similar to what I and others were doing. This is exactly why I was referring to Davel’s comment because I cannot be compared to the McCann’s. Since my child did not go missing but theirs did, I should be criticized in the same way as the McCann’s, is something I regard as unjust.

But it is surely the unique combination of factors which make up the McCann's checking arrangement that put MM in harms way:

- Dining at a restaurant same time, same place for 5 consecutive evenings.
- Unable to observe if anyone entered and exited
- Leaving the patio doors unsecured as per McCanns and others: PF, MO and JW
- Ages of children: 2, 2 and 3.

I do not see how other similar examples which do not feature the above are comparable?

I recall listening to a sermon like presentation by CM and not a word about the unsecured patio doors.  Same goes for when the McCanns were interviewed by OW.  Now imagine if the private detective agencies were not made clear about entry/exit points and accessibility.

I see these facts  as crucial to working out what happened and not a case of bashing the McCanns with them.

Similar cases are that of Alesha MacPhail and a little girl abducted from a bath in Newcastle.  In these examples the perps were opportunists who seized on the opportunity of the moment: key in door and unlocked/open door (? unclear) in any event neither case involved forced entry. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Alesha_MacPhail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willington_Quay_child_abduction_case

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2019, 05:48:41 PM »
Just for clarity.
Are  Gerry`s bladder and bowel functions now being analysed?

I was wondering exactly the same.  I could be wrong but I have never read the question being raised on some of the foulest cess pit fora.  Has the UK Justice forum hit yet another new low 🤔 ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »
Given its never been tested in a court of law is it beyond the realms of possibility there was no checking.

There’s checking and there’s checking.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline The General

« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
I was wondering exactly the same.  I could be wrong but I have never read the question being raised on some of the foulest cess pit fora.  Has the UK Justice forum hit yet another new low 🤔 ?
You're right, you are wrong. Let's add some context. Gerry stated that he went to the toilet. Given that we know that they were reluctant to make any noise (let's go out the patio door to make less noise), as a man, in the dark, in a relatively unfamiliar toilet, I can guarantee that there's gonna be some significant noise if he's bustin' for a wazz. There are a few techniques a dude can deploy to reduce that noise, one of which entails aim management, the other, as unhygienic as it sounds, is if it's yellow, let it mellow.
To dismiss it as 'a new low' is a new low, given the dredging that this forum has collectively undertaken since its inception - i mean there were a few members dredging BMD databases to determine whether Pamela Fenn had frilly draws or not.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline jassi

« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »
Being a bloke, he could have just unzipped on the patio and let fly. No flushing required.  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2019, 07:45:09 PM »
Being a bloke, he could have just unzipped on the patio and let fly. No flushing required.  8(0(*
I actually think that is a distinct possibility. I would have if I was trying to reduce noise. Yes, I'm that guy, what of it?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »
You're right, you are wrong. Let's add some context. Gerry stated that he went to the toilet. Given that we know that they were reluctant to make any noise (let's go out the patio door to make less noise), as a man, in the dark, in a relatively unfamiliar toilet, I can guarantee that there's gonna be some significant noise if he's bustin' for a wazz. There are a few techniques a dude can deploy to reduce that noise, one of which entails aim management, the other, as unhygienic as it sounds, is if it's yellow, let it mellow.
To dismiss it as 'a new low' is a new low, given the dredging that this forum has collectively undertaken since its inception - i mean there were a few members dredging BMD databases to determine whether Pamela Fenn had frilly draws or not.

The information was indeed volunteered by the man himself. The question arising is why he thought it was necessary to share that irrelevant information.
Result = happy posting.

Online Anthro

« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »
But it is surely the unique combination of factors which make up the McCann's checking arrangement that put MM in harms way:

I do not see how other similar examples which do not feature the above are comparable?

Hi Holly, I agree. All I wanted to contribute was my experience/s of a similar environment and context. As per G-Unit’s post, it was never my intention to deliberately mislead. Perhaps G-Unit can tell us of the experience s/he had at such a resort and offer some insight as to what the situation was while s/he was a guest/participant-observer?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:46:39 PM by Anthro »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2019, 09:58:28 PM »

Hi Holly, I agree. All I wanted to contribute was my experience/s of a similar environment and context. As per G-Unit’s post, it was never my intention to deliberately mislead. Perhaps G-Unit can tell us of the experience s/he had at such a resort and offer some insight as to what the situation was while s/he was as a guest/participant-observer?

I'm not the type of person who would be attracted to such resorts. Madeleine was excited about her holiday to Portugal, but didn't seem to have experienced anything Portuguese. All she did was spend her days in a very similar environment to the one she experienced at home. In fact she spent more days with the MW nursery staff than she did with the nursery staff at home, doing very similar activities. No rooting about in rock pools with her Dad, no boat trips to see the dolphins, no building sand castles with her family.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
I'm not the type of person who would be attracted to such resorts. Madeleine was excited about her holiday to Portugal, but didn't seem to have experienced anything Portuguese. All she did was spend her days in a very similar environment to the one she experienced at home. In fact she spent more days with the MW nursery staff than she did with the nursery staff at home, doing very similar activities. No rooting about in rock pools with her Dad, no boat trips to see the dolphins, no building sand castles with her family.
She might have had some fun during the days in the kids clubs, I suppose, but the nights would have been pretty bleak.
is this on topic?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2019, 10:24:37 PM »

Oh the cruelty of it all !!!! 
The lengths some parents will go to ensure their children have as horrid a time as possible on holiday, really all just a matter of opinion though and I think this mob look as if they are having a great time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »
She might have had some fun during the days in the kids clubs, I suppose, but the nights would have been pretty bleak.
is this on topic?

It probably isn't on topic, I just find the busman's holiday aspect quite sad, that's all.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
Oh the cruelty of it all !!!! 
The lengths some parents will go to ensure their children have as horrid a time as possible on holiday, really all just a matter of opinion though and I think this mob look as if they are having a great time.
Come on, keep it on topic. Now that we're self-moderating.