Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132476 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #360 on: October 28, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »
Well I forget what prompted me to ask you about your faith, but at times I have been really offended by your criticism of mine.  Yet you back Kate who is a lot more religious than me.  I find that hard to understand.

Most if your post is personal and against forum rules.. I'm entitled to criticise any religion... That's a given...
I support Kates claim to innocence... I'm entitled to that opinion... Anything else

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #361 on: October 28, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »
I don't think it at all surprising that anyone in the circumstances Gerry found himself in would be overcome and collapse in despair at the enormity of it all.
I think the description of it and the parents' distress as portrayed in Amaral's documentary quite extraordinary and puts the descriptive Tweedledum and Tweedledee in Kate's book into perspective.
Members of churches that could be described as "Pentecostals" would have no issue in humbling themselves.
Unless you have experienced those sort of behaviours one could think of it a bit strange. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #362 on: October 28, 2019, 09:29:23 AM »
For me, it remains as image management.

It is akin to picking up Antony and Cleopatra, only to find they are not the principal characters.

That split still appears to permeate this forum.  Is Madeleine the main focus?

Hand on heart I would have to say that for many here it appears not.

Do you have a cite for.. Many it appears not... I don't think that's at all true

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »
I don't think it at all surprising that anyone in the circumstances Gerry found himself in would be overcome and collapse in despair at the enormity of it all.
I think the description of it and the parents' distress as portrayed in Amaral's documentary quite extraordinary and puts the descriptive Tweedledum and Tweedledee in Kate's book into perspective.

But even a crack team could amount to Tweededum and Tweeledee if they are fed inaccurate info by one of the most important witnesses.  Initially GM claimed he was using the front door and not the unsecured patio doors which he later changed.  KM claimed she found the window open and the shutter raised.  Given the info the GNR officers received from the McCanns its hardly surprising the investigation got off to a bad start.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
Members of churches that could be described as "Pentecostals" would have no issue in humbling themselves.
Unless you have experienced those sort of behaviours one could think of it a bit strange.

I see nothing strange at two absolutely distraught parents thriwng themselves to their knees... I find it strange it being described as praying like, arabs

Offline Brietta

« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2019, 09:32:00 AM »
For me, it remains as image management.

It is akin to picking up Antony and Cleopatra, only to find they are not the principal characters.

That split still appears to permeate this forum.  Is Madeleine the main focus?

Hand on heart I would have to say that for many here it appears not.

I don't think Kate McCann particularly wanted to bare her soul in a book.
I think one must refer to the context and to the time when Kate wrote her book about Madeleine.

In 2010 her little girl had been missing after vanishing from her bed in 2007 and no-one was looking for her with the exception of private detectives paid for by Madeleine's Fund which had been set up for that purpose.

Snip
All proceeds from it will go to the McCanns' official fund to look for Madeleine, which had been in danger of running out next year.

"My reason for writing is simple: to give an account of the truth," said Kate McCann. "Publishing this book has been a very difficult decision, and is one that we have taken after much deliberation and with a very heavy heart.

"However, in the last few months, with the depletion of Madeleine's fund, it is a decision that has virtually been taken out of our hands. Every penny we raise through its sales will be spent on our search for Madeleine. Nothing is more important to us than finding our little girl."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/15/mcanns-book-search-madeleine
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2019, 09:32:59 AM »
But even a crack team could amount to Tweededum and Tweeledee if they are fed inaccurate info by one of the most important witnesses.  Initially GM claimed he was using the front door and not the unsecured patio doors which he later changed.  KM claimed she found the window open and the shutter raised.  Given the info the GNR officers received from the McCanns its hardly surprising the investigation got off to a bad start.

I think it's quite possible that Gerry never claimed he was using the front door.... It was a lost in translation moment.. Imo

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

Sorry but I totally disagree Brietta.  The police bent over backwards to accommodate the McCanns in what was very difficult circumstances and caused in part by the McCanns interfering friends who created the circus.

The police were correct to suspect the McCanns and Kate's refusal to answer the simplest of questions only reinforced their suspicions.  Having a go at several police officers in her book was nothing more than sour grapes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:35:46 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »
Most if your post is personal and against forum rules.. I'm entitled to criticise any religion... That's a given...
I support Kates claim to innocence... I'm entitled to that opinion... Anything else
Remind me of Kate's claim to innocence?  I recall Gerry's claim but did Kate do the same?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
Sorry but I totally disagree Brietta.  The police bent over backwards to accommodate the McCanns in what was very difficult circumstances and caused in part by the McCanns interfering friends who created the circus.

The police were correct to suspect the McCanns and Kate's refusal to answer the simplest of questions only reinforced their suspicions.

The PJ were absolutely right to suspect the mccanns... Unfortunately they then tried to make the evidence fit. .when ut didn't.. To support their suspicions.. Thst was their gross failure.. Imo... And where the search fir maddue was, seriously ket down by their failings

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
Do you have a cite for.. Many it appears not... I don't think that's at all true

I don't need a cite for my opinion.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »
Remind me of Kate's claim to innocence?  I recall Gerry's claim but did Kate do the same?

So you don't think Kate claims to be innocent..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »
I don't need a cite for my opinion.

I never said you did.   ...I asked if you had one.. Your post makes it clear it us merely your opinion

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2019, 09:41:20 AM »
Well I forget what prompted me to ask you about your faith, but at times I have been really offended by your criticism of mine.  Yet you back Kate who is a lot more religious than me.  I find that hard to understand.

I don't think there's any evidence KM was/is particularly religious.

She was brought up in the Catholic faith and by her own admission only went through a very brief phrase when she questioned such which will not please the likes of Richard Dawkins. 

As I've posted previously if KM's faith was strong then why didn't she go along to mass on hol pre MM's disappearance?   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2019, 09:45:07 AM »
keep to the topic of Kate's book. 
Moderation