Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132511 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2019, 05:41:28 PM »
I think you’ve misunderstood.  Let’s try again.  If you had been Kate McCann how would you have made Madeleiene the main focus of the book?

As I'm not, that is a sterile question.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
I think you’ve misunderstood.  Let’s try again.  If you had been Kate McCann how would you have made Madeleiene the main focus of the book?

The book was written to raise funds... As it did as a best seller.... So the focus always was and is Madeleine

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2019, 06:14:54 PM »
As I'm not, that is a sterile question.
You criticse Kate for not making Madeleine the focus, so I’m wondering what you had hoped to read in the book about Madeleine that wasn’t there?  Perhaps that is a less sterile question.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:28:07 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
You criticse Kate for not making Madeleine the focus, so I’m wondering what you had hope to read in the book about Madeleine that wasn’t there?  Perhaps that is a less sterile question.

I have explained that I read the book without context.

At the end of that reading, I concluded that though 'madeleine' was the title, she did not appear to be a principal character.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2019, 06:31:50 PM »
I'd probably get pilloried by supporters for trying to make a few bob out of MBM.

It's an interesting proposition though.

Now I've got a theme, what about a title?

'madeleine' has already been used.

You may have those things but I would say what you don't have is a market.... And that's a rather important commodity.

I think there, are several of us here who could write a book... I just don't think there is a market for one
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:45:56 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »

At the end of that reading, I concluded that though 'madeleine' was the title, she did not appear to be a principal character.

The book was a best seller...I think that Kate did a great job.
Pretty well everything in the book related to madeleine and her disappearance so she had to be the main focus of the book

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:44:59 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »

As the book was written about and completely driven be events that happened post her disappearance perhaps you could explain how she could have been the principal character.  I have absolutely no doubt that you cannot but I thought I’d ask anyway, just to be polite like.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2019, 06:48:55 PM »
You may have those things but I would say what you don't have is a market.... And that's a rather important commodity.

I think there, are several of us here who could write a book... I just don't think there is a market for one
I think a book about the post disappearance online hate campaign, focusing on some of the principal characters, plus an examination of the propaganda methods used and the psychology behind it would be a most valuable and interesting study.  Now, where did I put that dossier...

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »
As the book was written about and completely driven be events that happened post her disappearance perhaps you could explain how she could have been the principal character.  I have absolutely no doubt that you cannot but I thought I’d ask anyway, just to be polite like.

Whereas, I have no idea as to why you are repeating the same question over and over, like.

I've answered.  Time to move on.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2019, 06:55:42 PM »
Ok fair enough but what exactly does anyone get out of the sort of relationship KM has with God other than as she said it provides her with a source of comfort, refuge and support. 

I like to think if I get something out of a relationship I put back at least some token gesture.

Imagine having a group of friends who only called upon you to provide a source of comfort, refuge and support.  I might well consider them users and dump them.

It is what Kate is willing to do for others too. I don't know them that well but there is  one detailed promise and that was that the find Madeleine fund would be used to help other missing children once Madeleine was found.

She writes a book it earns millions and she is willing to be charitable with the proceeds.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »
Not every religion believes in god... There is certainly one atheistic religion

Fair enough.  But in Kate's book it is her type of religion put on the line.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:35:26 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »
Fair enough.  But in Kate's book it her type of religion put on the line.

I think religion is, a very personal thing.. I might criticise some religions but you can't criticise a persons right ir opinion to follow a religion

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2019, 07:06:50 PM »
Thanks John.  So I think its safe to say GM was in error not the interpreter/translator.
As long as Gerry had the key he can enter the front and leave via the unlocked patio door.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2019, 07:09:36 PM »
Just as he was in error when he claimed where he met Jez.  Simple basic errors which poses the question as to what other details were recalled incorrectly and more importantly, why?

I know exactly why he claimed to have used the locked front door but when it was established that the key to the door had been left in the apartment then a change of strategy was required.
Who claimed the key was left in the apartment.  You would have to work out when it was left there.  The photographer wasn't on the scene until around 2:00 AM the next day.
Moderation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2019, 07:29:33 PM »
I think you put too much belief in the interpretation of non verbal communication.... It could tell Gerry was uncomfortable but notbthe reason why.  When you can show us an experts opinion on gerrys body language your opinion we won't know who  is right.. I'm convinced I am

We know they found it difficult to fess up to the fact they left the children in the unsecured apartment as KM tells us as much in her PB.  Plus it is widely agreed that in the immediate aftermath KM kept repeating over and over "We've let her down, we've let her down".
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?