Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132478 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #540 on: October 29, 2019, 10:11:16 AM »
This thread was started with the express intention of criticising Kate McCann for using the word “mad” to describe some of the mail the McCanns received from members of the public.  I mean, just how snowflakey and politically correct can you get??!  Is “mad” now a proscribed word, along with “black”, “fat” and “he/she”? 

And supporters get accused of being Stalin-like snowflakes!  Jesu.

I started the thread to discuss the contents of the PB.  Much the same way that I started a thread to discuss the PB written by DC. 

KM used the word 'mad' to describe those suffering mental illness. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #541 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
This thread was started with the express intention of criticising Kate McCann for using the word “mad” to describe some of the mail the McCanns received from members of the public.  I mean, just how snowflakey and politically correct can you get??!  Is “mad” now a proscribed word, along with “black”, “fat” and “he/she”? 

And supporters get accused of being Stalin-like snowflakes!  Jesu.

Perhaps the opening post was designed to encourage discussion about the contents of Kate's book and not about Kate as a personality.
Perhaps it required more hands on policing to ensure that the thread continued along the lines of what it said on the tin ... Kate McCann's (KM's) Paperback (PB).
My request for On Topic posting was prompted by the way in which we had managed to be directed back into the mire of general McCann opprobrium and away from the specific of Kate's book.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #542 on: October 29, 2019, 10:16:17 AM »
I started the thread to discuss the contents of the PB.  Much the same way that I started a thread to discuss the PB written by DC. 

In my opinion and that of the dictionary that is the recognised definition of 'mad'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #543 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »

Did she - I thought it wad the letters she was describing in such a way.  Have you got a cite?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #544 on: October 29, 2019, 10:21:41 AM »
Did she - I thought it wad the letters she was describing in such a way.  Have you got a cite?

Mad and nutty used to describe the mentally ill.  She's lucky it fell under the radar. 

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg558772#msg558772
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #545 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:00 AM »
In my opinion and that of the dictionary that is the recognised definition of 'mad'.

The dictionary also defines my genitalia as c**t!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #546 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:44 AM »

Kate writes with great sensitivity about the problems of mental health to all concerned even expressing her concern for those whose letters were consigned to the "nutty" box.

From what she has written in her book concerning the issue I fail to see how the judgement made in the opening post is applicable or how the writer came to that conclusion.

As I say ... perhaps encouraging discussion in the absence of anything else?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #547 on: October 29, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »

Really??  My dictionary doesn't.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #548 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:20 AM »
Mad and nutty used to describe the mentally ill.  She's lucky it fell under the radar. 

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg558772#msg558772

Under what radar ???

Perhaps certain passages in Kate's book mean a lot more to some than to others particularly when quoted out of context.

Who can ever forget the "Tweedledum and Tweedledee" outrage ... or was it "Tweedledee and Tweedledum" ???

A reeally important part of a book describing the real life disappearance of a little girl ... I think not. but there are those who do.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #549 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »
Really??  My dictionary doesn't.

Yes really! 

The dictionary contains all sorts of words that many deem offensive and archaic. 

I would not have expected KM, as a highly qualified medi practitioner to refer to those suffering from mental illness as 'mad' and 'nutty'. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #550 on: October 29, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »

Was there any need for that?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »
Under what radar ???

Mental health charities, British Medical Assoc (BMA) etc. 

Perhaps certain passages in Kate's book mean a lot more to some than to others particularly when quoted out of context.

Who can ever forget the "Tweedledum and Tweedledee" outrage ... or was it "Tweedledee and Tweedledum" ???

It shows someone who is somewhat judgemental which by her own admission she is. 

A reeally important part of a book describing the real life disappearance of a little girl ... I think not. but there are those who do.

A little girl who in all probability would not have disappeared had her parents not been so reckless. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:02 AM »
Yes really! 

The dictionary contains all sorts of words that many deem offensive and archaic. 

I would not have expected KM, as a highly qualified medi practitioner to refer to those suffering from mental illness as 'mad' and 'nutty'.

Actually you are wrong in all counts in my opinion.

You have already been asked by another member to provide a cite supporting your statements ... I think it would be good if you would comply.

In my opinion you are systematically putting your own interpretation into Kate's writing which was never there in the first instance.
Unless you can explain how Kate putting correspondence into the "nutty box" becomes her calling individuals "nutty"?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »
Was there any need for that?

Just because the dictionary provides the definition of a word doesn't mean to say its appropriate to use. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
Actually you are wrong in all counts in my opinion.

You thinking I'm wrong doesn't make me so.

You have already been asked by another member to provide a cite supporting your statements ... I think it would be good if you would comply.

I have complied.  P. 379.

In my opinion you are systematically putting your own interpretation into Kate's writing which was never there in the first instance.
Unless you can explain how Kate putting correspondence into the "nutty box" becomes her calling individuals "nutty"?

Its not open to interpretation.  Its there in black and white.