Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132714 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #570 on: October 29, 2019, 12:18:18 PM »
You stating I have misunderstood something doesn't make it so.

Why would a qualified medi doctor and former GP describe theories sent to her in confidence and good faith by the mentally ill as 'nutty'?

Obviously I have no idea what correspondence ended up in the 'nutty' box but I have read quite a lot on social media which very likely should have found a niche alongside them.

Who said anything about 'theories'?  Certainly not Kate in her book ... I think that may be just another invention you have come up with ... unless you have a cite.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #571 on: October 29, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »
I notice that Kate McCann distinguishes between  'nutty' and 'nasty' letters; the 'nutty' ones are described as 'nonsensical'. She doesn't elaborate much on what this nonsense consists of, but she does mention facts, figures and symbols;

Within days of Madeleine’s disappearance, several people with major psychiatric problems made their way over to Praia da Luz and somehow managed to get to see Gerry and me. In spite of the state we were in, we found it hard to ignore anybody who was trying to help, even if what they were telling us was complete nonsense. Some of them were very persistent: they would track us down again and again, wielding their piles of papers full of totally
illogical ‘facts’, figures and symbols. It was draining and at times a little scary. [madeleine]

I wonder how the press, desperate for stories, missed this parade of seriously disturbed people beating a path to the McCann's door?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #572 on: October 29, 2019, 12:27:55 PM »
I notice that Kate McCann distinguishes between  'nutty' and 'nasty' letters; the 'nutty' ones are described as 'nonsensical'. She doesn't elaborate much on what this nonsense consists of, but she does mention facts, figures and symbols;

Within days of Madeleine’s disappearance, several people with major psychiatric problems made their way over to Praia da Luz and somehow managed to get to see Gerry and me. In spite of the state we were in, we found it hard to ignore anybody who was trying to help, even if what they were telling us was complete nonsense. Some of them were very persistent: they would track us down again and again, wielding their piles of papers full of totally
illogical ‘facts’, figures and symbols. It was draining and at times a little scary. [madeleine]

I wonder how the press, desperate for stories, missed this parade of seriously disturbed people beating a path to the McCann's door?

Weren't the press also part of the people beating a path to the McCann's door?

Certainly an indication of exactly why steps had to be taken to address the problems faced by victims of a heinous crime in a foreign land.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #573 on: October 29, 2019, 12:30:41 PM »
Oh I like that - heinous crime, not just any old crime, but a heinous crime no less.  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »

Certainly an indication of exactly why steps had to be taken to address the problems faced by victims of a heinous crime in a foreign land.

The press were camped outside the McCann's door if the photos are to be believed; that's why the barrister and whoever he came with were told to be inconspicuous.

What steps were taken to address problems? How did these people get through anyway?

Which 'major psychiatric problems' drive people to go to Portugal within days to find the parents of a disappeared child?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #575 on: October 29, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »
The press were camped outside the McCann's door if the photos are to be believed; that's why the barrister and whoever he came with were told to be inconspicuous.

What steps were taken to address problems? How did these people get through anyway?

Which 'major psychiatric problems' drive people to go to Portugal within days to find the parents of a disappeared child?

Is there the slightest chance you would be able to find something to criticise or even praise Kate for which actually appears within the pages of her book?  That way we will be able to at least pay lip service to staying on the supposed topic of the thread.  Thank you.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #576 on: October 29, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
Obviously I have no idea what correspondence ended up in the 'nutty' box but I have read quite a lot on social media which very likely should have found a niche alongside them.

Who said anything about 'theories'? Certainly not Kate in her book ... I think that may be just another invention you have come up with ... unless you have a cite.

See Davel's post #563
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #577 on: October 29, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
I was amazed when I arrived at chapter 20 to find it entitled 'The good, the bad and the mad; the mad referring to those suffering mental illness.  Somewhat worrying to hear such a label given to the mentally ill by a medi doctor and former GP who goes on to explain correspondence received from such individuals went into the 'Nutty' box.  (Page 379).

you have failed to provide a cite showing kate referred to the mentally ill as mad or nutty. As I pointed out she was referring to theories sent in....

Offline The General

« Reply #578 on: October 29, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »

Let's keep it on topic, guys.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #579 on: October 29, 2019, 02:10:16 PM »
See Davel's post #563

... and Davel is quoted in Kate's book where???  I'm afraid you will have to point it out as I appear to have missed it.

For information : an appropriate way of indicating a post is I believe ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg559734#msg559734 rather than # which is rendered next to useless should a swatch of OT posts be deleted.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #580 on: October 29, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »
Is there the slightest chance you would be able to find something to criticise or even praise Kate for which actually appears within the pages of her book?  That way we will be able to at least pay lip service to staying on the supposed topic of the thread.  Thank you.

Is there the slightest chance you would be able to find something to criticise KM about which actually appears within the pages of her book?  Or do you perceive KM as the embodiment of perfection?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #581 on: October 29, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »
  ... and Davel is quoted in Kate's book where???  I'm afraid you will have to point it out as I appear to have missed it.

For information : an appropriate way of indicating a post is I believe ... http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg559734#msg559734 rather than # which is rendered next to useless should a swatch of OT posts be deleted.

Its posters' responsibility to read posts and follow the developing arguments and themes.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #582 on: October 29, 2019, 02:18:05 PM »
you have failed to provide a cite showing kate referred to the mentally ill as mad or nutty. As I pointed out she was referring to theories sent in....

You saying I have failed at something doesn't make it so. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #583 on: October 29, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »

I was replying to your post, point by point. Does 'the press beating a path to the McCann's door' appear in her book? Do 'the steps' taken to address their problems appear in her book? Perhaps you could provide the relevant cites so we can see if you are paying lip service to the topic. Thank you.

Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #584 on: October 29, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »
Let's say you're right (and you usually are), does labelling the theory as 'nutty' automatically determine that the author is equally 'nutty'? Does Kate hold contempt for the theory or the author? Or both? Can a 'nutty' theory, written in good faith, be authored by a sane person? Would a 'nutty' person be able to come up with a cogent, plausible theory that passes muster? Madness is in many respects the inverted mirror of the developed consciousness, incorporating the structures of rationality within a different construction of the relation between the self and its world. Considering this framework, can we correlate the madness of the self with the output  / outward manifestation?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum