Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132545 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #585 on: October 29, 2019, 02:22:31 PM »
You saying I have failed at something doesn't make it so.

You haven't provided a cite to Kate calling the mentally ill nutty... Avoiding doesn't mean you have

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #586 on: October 29, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »
Let's say you're right (and you usually are), does labelling the theory as 'nutty' automatically determine that the author is equally 'nutty'? Does Kate hold contempt for the theory or the author? Or both? Can a 'nutty' theory, written in good faith, be authored by a sane person? Would a 'nutty' person be able to come up with a cogent, plausible theory that passes muster? Madness is in many respects the inverted mirror of the developed consciousness, incorporating the structures of rationality within a different construction of the relation between the self and its world. Considering this framework, can we correlate the madness of the self with the output  / outward manifestation?

If you read Kates post she says only some of the nutty posts cam from the mentally I'll... So some came from perfectly sane..
Could a mentally ill  person produce a sane theory.... Of course... A biploar person... Shut that bloody noise up... May function very well and produce ⚡flashes of pure brilliance

Offline The General

« Reply #587 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:12 PM »
If you read Kates post she says only some of the nutty posts cam from the mentally I'll... So some came from perfectly sane..
Could a mentally ill  person produce a sane theory.... Of course... A biploar person... Shut that bloody noise up... May function very well and produce ⚡flashes of pure brilliance
....or.....is she then making the distinction that only the nutty ones came from the mentally ill, with the balance being reasonable theories, albeit simply misguided?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #588 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:24 PM »
you have failed to provide a cite showing kate referred to the mentally ill as mad or nutty. As I pointed out she was referring to theories sent in....

She certainly referred to people with major psychiactric problems turning up in Luz with 'nonsense' facts, figures and symbols. I assume those went into her 'nutty' box. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #589 on: October 29, 2019, 02:33:59 PM »
She certainly referred to people with major psychiactric problems turning up in Luz with 'nonsense' facts, figures and symbols. I assume those went into her 'nutty' box.
Wasn't the concept of 'woke and wandered' met with similar derision and incredulity? The phrase coined escapes me.
A fairly reasonable initial theory / assumption given the apparent 'evidence'.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #590 on: October 29, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
Wasn't the concept of 'woke and wandered' met with similar derision and incredulity? The phrase coined escapes me.
A fairly reasonable initial theory / assumption given the apparent 'evidence'.

Guilhermino Encarnação had briefly mentioned three potential explanations for Madeleine’s disappearance: a
burglary that had ‘changed direction’, abduction and the possibility that she had wandered off by herself...

I have always found the third suggestion insulting to our intelligence, frankly.
[madeleine, Chapter 7; Aftermath.]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #591 on: October 29, 2019, 02:49:06 PM »
Guilhermino Encarnação had briefly mentioned three potential explanations for Madeleine’s disappearance: a
burglary that had ‘changed direction’, abduction and the possibility that she had wandered off by herself...

I have always found the third suggestion insulting to our intelligence, frankly.
[madeleine, Chapter 7; Aftermath.]
'Always found'. So why bother searching initially then? Who automatically jumps to abduction in that moment? Who's 'nutty' now?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #592 on: October 29, 2019, 02:50:10 PM »
....or.....is she then making the distinction that only the nutty ones came from the mentally ill, with the balance being reasonable theories, albeit simply misguided?
She says not all of the ones in the nutty box came from the mentally ill

Offline The General

« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »
She says not all of the ones in the nutty box came from the mentally ill
So some sane people sent some nutty ones?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #594 on: October 29, 2019, 03:07:58 PM »
So some sane people sent some nutty ones?
Yes

Offline The General

« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »
Yes
So does she specify whether any decent ones came from 'nutty' people?
And how would she know which of the 'nutty' ones came from sane people?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #596 on: October 29, 2019, 03:21:14 PM »
So does she specify whether any decent ones came from 'nutty' people?
And how would she know which of the 'nutty' ones came from sane people?

If you read what she said I'm sure you will be able to answer all those questions yourself

Offline The General

« Reply #597 on: October 29, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
If you read what she said I'm sure you will be able to answer all those questions yourself
I believe the term in dominos is 'check mate'. She couldn't possibly know which of the 'nutty' theories came from sane people, which you admit must have occurred, ergo, she is labelling all 'nutty' theories as coming from nutty people.

Besides, I'm not reading it.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #598 on: October 29, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
I believe the term in dominos is 'check mate'. She couldn't possibly know which of the 'nutty' theories came from sane people, which you admit must have occurred, ergo, she is labelling all 'nutty' theories as coming from nutty people.

Besides, I'm not reading it.

If you read it you would see you are wrong

Offline The General

« Reply #599 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:31 PM »
If you read it you would see you are wrong
I'm right.
I'm not sure I have the constitution to read some self-aggrandising, self-indulgent, Janet and John / Mills and Boon, semi-fictional, ghost-written, charity shop two-bob tat account.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:06:48 PM by Brietta »