Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132513 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #600 on: October 29, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
I'm right.
I'm not sure I have the constitution to read some self-aggrandising, self-indulgent, Janet and John / Mills and Boon, semi-fictional, ghost-written, charity shop two-bob tat account.

Wow!
You should do book reviews on Amazon.
Many do so and  also without reading the book.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:07:15 PM by Brietta »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #601 on: October 29, 2019, 04:04:26 PM »
I'm right.
I'm not sure I have the constitution to read some self-aggrandising, self-indulgent, Janet and John / Mills and Boon, semi-fictional, ghost-written, charity shop two-bob tat account.

It's only two lines... But I agree.. Life's too short to bother
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:08:23 PM by Brietta »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #602 on: October 29, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »
'Always found'. So why bother searching initially then? Who automatically jumps to abduction in that moment? Who's 'nutty' now?

According to Kate she, as opposed to the PJ, had the intelligence required to work out what happened.

Reasons to reject woke and wandered.

1. Jane Tanner's sighting.
2. The open window and shutters, which Madeleine couldn't have managed.
3. The patio doors, child gate and garden gate being closed.
4. She knew Madeleine well enough to know she wouldn't wander off.
[madeleine chapter 7]

In my opinion that may all make sense to Kate McCann, but not necessarily to anyone else. It has nothing to do with intelligence either.

1.            The Tanner sighting was highly likely to be a red herring, it transpires.
2, 3 & 4.  Madeleine wouldn't be the first child to surprise her parents with her capabilities.

The McCann's friends, Mark Warner staff, the local people and the Portuguese Police were correct to make searching PdL their first priority imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »
Wow!
You should do book reviews on Amazon.
Many do so and  also without reading the book.
You see, Ern, I have an innate mistrust of Amazon book reviews. Not because of fraudulence per se, but because the very fact that a. someone has bought the book and b. deemed it necessary to leave a review, automatically taints impartiality, as the vast majority will be familiar with the case and sympathise, and the majority of the remainder will be suitably moved by the emotive content, given their position in the demographic who are drawn to buying the book in the first instance.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
'Always found'. So why bother searching initially then? Who automatically jumps to abduction in that moment? Who's 'nutty' now?

Within a very short time one does automatically jump to the thought that one's child/grandchild has been taken.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2019, 04:43:51 PM »
You see, Ern, I have an innate mistrust of Amazon book reviews. Not because of fraudulence per se, but because the very fact that a. someone has bought the book and b. deemed it necessary to leave a review, automatically taints impartiality, as the vast majority will be familiar with the case and sympathise, and the majority of the remainder will be suitably moved by the emotive content, given their position in the demographic who are drawn to buying the book in the first instance.

I'm very pleased to report that although I have bought many a book from Amazon, including Kate's book, as of yet I have never been inclined to publish a review .

Offline The General

« Reply #606 on: October 29, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
According to Kate she, as opposed to the PJ, had the intelligence required to work out what happened.

Reasons to reject woke and wandered.

1. Jane Tanner's sighting.
2. The open window and shutters, which Madeleine couldn't have managed.
3. The patio doors, child gate and garden gate being closed.
4. She knew Madeleine well enough to know she wouldn't wander off.
[madeleine chapter 7]

In my opinion that may all make sense to Kate McCann, but not necessarily to anyone else. It has nothing to do with intelligence either.

1.            The Tanner sighting was highly likely to be a red herring, it transpires.
2, 3 & 4.  Madeleine wouldn't be the first child to surprise her parents with her capabilities.

The McCann's friends, Mark Warner staff, the local people and the Portuguese Police were correct to make searching PdL their first priority imo.
I'd go one further. It would be illogical to consider anything else at that stage - window or no window. You'd be going scatty running around like a nutty person searching everywhere. Unless you were too intelligent, of course.

Offline The General

« Reply #607 on: October 29, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »
I'm very pleased to report that although I have bought many a book from Amazon, including Kate's book, as of yet I have never been inclined to publish a review .
Yeh, I've bought many books from Amazon, it's great. I've also never left a review. Which sort of reinforces my point - a certain demographic will be moved to buy the book, then subsequently leave any review. I have no data to support this, but the I assume the overwhelming majority of sceptics won't buy it, for fear of swelling the McCann coffers - so the review data is automatically biased and tainted.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #608 on: October 29, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »
Yeh, I've bought many books from Amazon, it's great. I've also never left a review. Which sort of reinforces my point - a certain demographic will be moved to buy the book, then subsequently leave any review. I have no data to support this, but the I assume the overwhelming majority of sceptics won't buy it, for fear of swelling the McCann coffers - so the review data is automatically biased and tainted.

Have you read  the book which is the focus of this thread?

Offline The General

« Reply #609 on: October 29, 2019, 04:56:49 PM »
Have you read  the book which is the focus of this thread?
No. For fear of swelling the McCann coffers. Joking. No, I haven't. I'll be honest, I don't think I'll be able to stop laughing. I've obviously seen many excerpts posted here. It's terribly remiss of me to espouse some knowledge of the case without comprehensive reading, I understand that, but so be it.
Having said that, I read Amaral's book and thought it was rubbish.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #610 on: October 29, 2019, 05:06:55 PM »
No. For fear of swelling the McCann coffers. Joking. No, I haven't. I'll be honest, I don't think I'll be able to stop laughing. I've obviously seen many excerpts posted here. It's terribly remiss of me to espouse some knowledge of the case without comprehensive reading, I understand that, but so be it.
Having said that, I read Amaral's book and thought it was rubbish.

I have read Kate's book, still have it.
I didn't find anything funny, nor screamingly objectionable as in Tweedledum/Tweedlee/ plummy voice/reference to genitilia etc.
Perhaps I should study it further.

Offline jassi

« Reply #611 on: October 29, 2019, 05:10:03 PM »
I have read Kate's book, still have it.
I didn't find anything funny, nor screamingly objectionable as in Tweedledum/Tweedlee/ plummy voice/reference to genitilia etc.
Perhaps I should study it further.

Now that's what I call above and beyond the call of duty
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #612 on: October 29, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »
Mad and nutty used to describe the mentally ill.  She's lucky it fell under the radar. 

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11064.msg558772#msg558772
Nope, that won’t do.  Try again, highlighting specifically where she refers to mentally ill people as mad. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #613 on: October 29, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
You stating I have misunderstood something doesn't make it so.

Why would a qualified medi doctor and former GP describe theories sent to her in confidence and good faith by the mentally ill as 'nutty'?
Because they are?  Since when has “nutty” been an offensive term?  Are you mentally ill or just expressing faux indignation on behalf of those who are?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #614 on: October 29, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »
How so?