Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 132914 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #780 on: November 01, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
There's no need to make if personal Davel with a facetious comment. 

KM wrote a book about her life and experiences it is up to readers how they interpret the author and the contents.
It isn't personal it applies to several posters here.  I don't see how you can make a valid assessment of someone's character in such little information... Until you've met and talked to someone I think such judgements, are rather immature
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:50:06 AM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #781 on: November 01, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
i agree after all it is no ones  fault but gerry and kates for leaving their  children  alone they were responsible for their childrens welfare

I personally think they would have been better off just sticking their hands up, metaphorically speaking, and saying we made a massive error in judgement which we will have to live with for the rest of our lives no ifs, no buts.  Instead of attempting to justify why they didn't use the creche/hire a sitter and trying to convince us all it was similar to eating in the garden at home when it jolly well wasn't!   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline The General

« Reply #782 on: November 01, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »
It's just personal opinion... She seems a really nice person to me... Of course I don't know her as, well as you seem to do having never met her
The irony is lost on you. Your personal opinion is she's a 'really nice person' - and you haven't met her either.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #783 on: November 01, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
It isn't personal it applies to several posters here.  I don't see how you can make a valid assessment of someone's character in such little information... Until you've met and taljed to someone I think such judgements, are rather immature

Davel please read my post carefully:

I cannot warm to her at all through her book.  She comes over to me as controlling, judgemental and with a massive sense of entitlement.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #784 on: November 01, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »
The irony is lost on you. Your personal opinion is she's a 'really nice person' - and you haven't met her either.

I didn't say ..she's a really nice person... Read the post again to check

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #785 on: November 01, 2019, 10:39:37 AM »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #786 on: November 01, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »
As I said yesterday it seems, a large number of posts now are simply a slagfest against the mccanns.  Is this what Holly refers to as mature intelligent debate... LOL

In what way does the following post not constitute mature intelligent debate?

I cannot warm to her at all through her book.  She comes over to me as controlling, judgemental and with a massive sense of entitlement.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #787 on: November 01, 2019, 10:41:35 AM »
Davel please read my post carefully:

I did read your post carefully... Your post is opinion... Nothing more... You seem to have made your mind up you dint like her and every post you make is coloured by that bias.. Imo

Offline The General

« Reply #788 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:02 AM »
Yeh you did, she 'seems'. It's exactly that. That's your opinion. The 'seems' qualifies it as not being fact, but opinion.
Try a little semantic wriggle all you like, but that's what it is hombre.
Kate's book.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #789 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »

How can we have a debate about opinions... You have yours... I have mine... Where is the possibility of debate.. Csn you not see that really simple fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #790 on: November 01, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
Yeh you did, she 'seems'. It's exactly that. That's your opinion. The 'seems' qualifies it as not being fact, but opinion.
Try a little semantic wriggle all you like, but that's what it is hombre.
Kate's book.

I dint say she is s nice oersin.. As you have now admitted

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #791 on: November 01, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »

Conversely I am part way through 'Becoming - Michelle Obama' who comes over to me as a thoroughly likeable person. 

Offline The General

« Reply #792 on: November 01, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »
I dint say she is s nice oersin.. As you have now admitted
I said it's your opinion. Read it carefully, if that's within your gift.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #793 on: November 01, 2019, 10:45:23 AM »
Maybe if Kate McCann had cooperated with the original police investigation and answered all their questions she wouldn't have felt the need to bare her soul in her book of truths.

She did answer all the questions asked of her throughout the investigation and during very lengthy sessions until she was made an arguida when she exercised her right to silence on legal advice.
As she recalled in her book, Murat did exactly the same when attending a confrontational meeting ... consulting with his lawyer and on at least one occasion both leaving the room to consult ... as was his right.

Portuguese law allows the right of arguidos to silence ... why is Kate to be castigated when the focus of the inquiry turned from searching for her daughter to attempting to implicate her in Madeleine's supposed death?  Pretty daft of her to dignify PJ nonsense of mistaken and misguided conclusions, and abandon Madeleine to her fate as they had done?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #794 on: November 01, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
Conversely I am part way through 'Becoming - Michelle Obama' who comes over to me as a thoroughly likeable person.

If I say Donald Trump comes over to me as  really nice person... What value, would that statement have