Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 133434 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #900 on: November 03, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »
What would you accept as proof?

What have you got?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #901 on: November 03, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »
What have you got?
I asked first.  What would you accept as proof?  Or is there literally nothing that would convince you that they didn’t dispose of their child’s body?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #902 on: November 03, 2019, 10:10:58 AM »
By their own actions they remain suspects in the eyes of Portugal's highest court.
You will of course be able to provide a cite for this serious allegation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #903 on: November 03, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »
I asked first.  What would you accept as proof?  Or is there literally nothing that would convince you that they didn’t dispose of their child’s body?

I'm sorry. I thought you were offering.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #904 on: November 03, 2019, 10:14:50 AM »
I think that's complete an utter tripe
I think the SC judgement is not fit for purpose and will shown to be by the ECHR
I think you are taking the thread off topic

by the logic of teh SC....Barry George is still a suspect in the Dando case as he has not been declared innocent

We should find out in 2050.

By then SY will have found the abductor anyway.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #905 on: November 03, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »
I'm sorry. I thought you were offering.
Can you answer or not?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #906 on: November 03, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
Can you answer or not?

You already know that I'm certain they diddit.

So yes, nothing, obviously.

Do you think it likely I'll ever be proven wrong?

I don't.  Umpteen years, 12 million spent, nothing to show for it except eliminating the McCanns preferred abductor.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #907 on: November 03, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »

I don't.  Umpteen years, 12 million spent, nothing to show for it except eliminating the McCanns preferred abductor.

It depends what you mean by proved...its a oft use but perhaps little understood word

1.proved beyond all doubt
2.proved beyond reasonable doubt
3. proved on the balance of probablities

I would say by two of the those definitions innocence has been proven.......beyond all doubt is virtually impossible and is never required by the legal system....apart from the SC in Portugal

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #908 on: November 03, 2019, 11:05:46 AM »

Exactly.  For individuals like yourself, they will always be guilty of disposing of their child’s body no matter what proof subsequently comes to light.  You are completely and utterly close minded.  IMO.  You will never be proven wrong just as a holocaust denier can never be proven wrong or a 9/11 truther, it’s because logic and rational debate is impossible. 

Offline The General

« Reply #909 on: November 03, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »
I think that's complete an utter tripe
I think the SC judgement is not fit for purpose and will shown to be by the ECHR
I think you are taking the thread off topic

by the logic of teh SC....Barry George is still a suspect in the Dando case as he has not been declared innocent
Does that mean you're a suspect in the Dando case, by default?
Kate's book talks about suspects.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:35:15 AM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #910 on: November 03, 2019, 11:39:18 AM »
Kate did at least realise that they helped to create the media mayhem and that it might not help.

4th May 2007
We were quite surprised that people were giving interviews but it was understandable. After all, we’d been on the phone half the night to our friends and relatives, sobbing that nothing was being done and begging for their help. And we appreciated the swift response. We were just worried that any criticism of the police might not do us or, more to the point, Madeleine, any favours. [madeleine]

The thing is, things were being done, even if the McCanns weren't aware of it. I expect they felt like we've all felt when visiting A & E and the doctor's and nurses seem to be ignoring us. It doesn't mean they're doing nothing, it just feels like it. Then there's the idea that people in another country can help. How could speaking to the media in that country make a difference? It was more likely to upset the people that the McCanns were criticising, which indeed didn't help matters at all.

Yes we all know what it feels like in A&E or seeing someone we love in hospital,  thinking not enough is being done.   None of us know what it feels like to lose a child and wait for news,   an update as to what was going on.  I don't think the McCann's were getting updated,  otherwise Kate wouldn't have written a letter asking to be updated.   Imagine it, your child missing and you have no clue as to what is happening.

The McCann's hoped by speaking to the media in other countries would get the word out that Madeleine was missing.   How else could they do that?

Offline The General

« Reply #911 on: November 03, 2019, 11:39:57 AM »
It depends what you mean by proved...its a oft use but perhaps little understood word

1.proved beyond all doubt
2.proved beyond reasonable doubt
3. proved on the balance of probablities

I would say by two of the those definitions innocence has been proven.......beyond all doubt is virtually impossible and is never required by the legal system....apart from the SC in Portugal
How?
But keep it in the frame of the thread.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #912 on: November 03, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »
Nobody knows what happened to Madeleine McCann. According to her parents she was abducted, but they can't prove it and neither can anyone else. Kate's book added no new facts imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #913 on: November 03, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
Nobody knows what happened to Madeleine McCann. According to her parents she was abducted, but they can't prove it and neither can anyone else. Kate's book added no new facts imo.

If Kate knows that Madeleine wasn't abducted, do you believe it possible that she would still have written her book?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #914 on: November 03, 2019, 12:07:14 PM »

According  to SY she was abducted and I would say it's proved in the balance of probabilities