Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 352961 times)

Offline Anthro

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #13725 on: June 14, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »
I think Brueckner likes to be in control.  The past year must have been sheer frustration for him as there is nothing he can do about the situation he is now in.

If that is anything to do with Wolter's strategy it appears to be working and I don't think he will be in any hurry to change it as time appears to be on his side.
i]
I agree, Brietta. Seems he is attempting to open up.

Offline Myster

« Reply #13726 on: June 15, 2021, 06:18:56 AM »
Hidden meaning... Brueckner's suggesting that neither prosecutor has got a leg to stand on!

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #13727 on: June 15, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »
Hidden meaning... Brueckner's suggesting that neither prosecutor has got a leg to stand on!

Hidden meaning.

They are ordering Fish Fillets.
Flounder...ing
Free Martin Brueckner

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13728 on: June 15, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »

At the moment they don't, as Wolters has admitted they don't have enough evidence to lay charges; despite, as Brueckner points out, announcing his guilt to all and sundry. Imo Wolters has breached his right to the presumption of innocence and therefore his chance of getting a fair trial if he is eventually charged.
England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13729 on: June 15, 2021, 08:58:43 AM »
Hidden meaning.

They are ordering Fish Fillets.
Flounder...ing
no one mentioned fish.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13730 on: June 15, 2021, 09:00:13 AM »
At the moment they don't, as Wolters has admitted they don't have enough evidence to lay charges; despite, as Brueckner points out, announcing his guilt to all and sundry. Imo Wolters has breached his right to the presumption of innocence and therefore his chance of getting a fair trial if he is eventually charged.
Why has he not been reprimanded or sacked then?

Offline Carana

« Reply #13731 on: June 15, 2021, 11:04:32 AM »

Ah. I've only just understood what I think you mean.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13732 on: June 15, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »
Ah. I've only just understood what I think you mean.
Bruckner's caricatures have only got one leg each, but they are far from 'armless, much like their creator. 

Offline Myster

« Reply #13733 on: June 23, 2021, 07:30:00 AM »
An interview with Bild reporter Kai Feldhaus about Christian Brueckner...

https://soundcloud.com/crimeworld/crime-world-episode-32-the-maddie-mccann-suspect

Offline Davel

« Reply #13734 on: June 23, 2021, 07:50:33 AM »

You seem to think that your opinion is fact... It isnt. I think you have misunderstood the stuation.
Does HCW have enough evidence to charge... I would say he does but what he means is they dont have enough evidence to guarantee a conviction and he feels he can get more. Michael Stone in the UK was convicted it seems simply on tthe word of another convict. Im sure Wolters has more than that. Colin Stagg was charged and tried with basically no evidence. Wolters is trying to build a watertight case and at the moment does not have sufficient evidence to do that..... Although he may well have a lot more than you think.

I think you are wrong on the POI and you seem to have already judged the outcome to any potential case which in itself  is
ridiculous. Wolters has addressed this point and is confident that CB woiuld get a fair trial... Theres no jury in Germany whicch helps.
You are ignoring HCW right to free speech.. How odd. At any echr case it would bbe a balance between the two.. The poi is not as absolute as you simplistically think.
Its possible that Woltrers knows as a fact CB is guilty.. But cant as yet prove it. As ive said i understand as I am in a similar situation
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:07:55 AM by Davel »

Offline Davel

« Reply #13735 on: June 23, 2021, 07:58:33 AM »

If CB is found guilty on incontrovertible evidence... Do you think he has a case at the ECHR... And what do you think
Would be the result and the outcome.... A penny in damages perhaps..... I think you totally underestimate the ability and professionslism of Wolters
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:05:33 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13736 on: June 23, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »
You seem to think that your opinion is fact... It isnt. I think you have misunderstood the stuation.
Does HCW have enough evidence to charge... I would say he does but what he means is they dont have enough evidence to guarantee a conviction and he feels he can get more. Michael Stone in the UK was convicted it seems simply on tthe word of another convict. Im sure Wolters has more than that. Colin Stagg was charged and tried with basically no evidence. Wolters is trying to build a watertight case and at the moment does not have sufficient evidence to do that..... Although he may well have a lot more than you think.

I think you are wrong on the POI and you seem to have already judged the outcome to any potential case which in itself  is
ridiculous. Wolters has addressed this point and is confident that CB woiuld get a fair trial... Theres no jury in Germany whicch helps.
You are ignoring HCW right to free speech.. How odd. At any echr case it would bbe a balance between the two.. The poi is not as absolute as you simplistically think.
Its possible that Woltrers knows as a fact CB is guilty.. But cant as yet prove it. As ive said i understand as I am in a similar situation

The ECHR is very clear about the POI, and in 2016 issued Directive 2016/343.EU strengthening certain aspects of the poi;

The presumption of innocence would be violated if public statements made by public authorities
, or judicial
decisions other than those on guilt, referred to a suspect or an accused person as being guilty, for as long as that
person has not been proved guilty according to law. Such statements
and judicial decisions should not reflect an opinion that that person is guilty.
https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/files/fra_uploads/germany-2021-country-research-presumption innocence_en.pdf

Germany made no changes to it's laws following this Directive and this study seems to reveal that Judges, Prosecutors and Policemen are satisfied that none of them are likely to treat a suspect or accused person as guilty before being proved guilty by law. On the other hand, defence lawyers were not convinced that this was so.

I think Wolters showed the complacency of the German authorities when he declared that judges would not be influenced by the publicity around his suspect.  As one of the lawyers pointed out;

I believe that it has an influence, because the judges are of course also people who are somehow influenced by a publicly expressed opinion. (Lawyer/Germany)
https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/files/fra_uploads/germany-2021-country-research-presumption-innocence_en.pdf
England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #13737 on: June 23, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
The ECHR is very clear about the POI, and in 2016 issued Directive 2016/343.EU strengthening certain aspects of the poi;

The presumption of innocence would be violated if public statements made by public authorities
, or judicial
decisions other than those on guilt, referred to a suspect or an accused person as being guilty, for as long as that
person has not been proved guilty according to law. Such statements
and judicial decisions should not reflect an opinion that that person is guilty.
https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/files/fra_uploads/germany-2021-country-research-presumption innocence_en.pdf

Germany made no changes to it's laws following this Directive and this study seems to reveal that Judges, Prosecutors and Policemen are satisfied that none of them are likely to treat a suspect or accused person as guilty before being proved guilty by law. On the other hand, defence lawyers were not convinced that this was so.

I think Wolters showed the complacency of the German authorities when he declared that judges would not be influenced by the publicity around his suspect.  As one of the lawyers pointed out;

I believe that it has an influence, because the judges are of course also people who are somehow influenced by a publicly expressed opinion. (Lawyer/Germany)
https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/files/fra_uploads/germany-2021-country-research-presumption-innocence_en.pdf
Then what are Bruckener and his lawyer waiting for?  It's been a year, time to mount a case with the ECHR by now surely?  Perhaps they need you on the team to tell them what's what? 

Offline Carana

« Reply #13738 on: June 23, 2021, 11:12:47 AM »
An interview with Bild reporter Kai Feldhaus about Christian Brueckner...

https://soundcloud.com/crimeworld/crime-world-episode-32-the-maddie-mccann-suspect

Thanks for posting that find. Although Bild appears to be somewhat of a tabloid, I found him to be very balanced.

Something that wasn't mentioned by either was his possible (probable?) proximity to where Joana disappeared at the time.  8()(((@#

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13739 on: June 23, 2021, 11:32:23 AM »
Thanks for posting that find. Although Bild appears to be somewhat of a tabloid, I found him to be very balanced.

Something that wasn't mentioned by either was his possible (probable?) proximity to where Joana disappeared at the time.  8()(((@#

I agree, he was indeed very balanced. I wonder who 'the friend' was who managed to get hold of Christian B's letter despite the problems he allegedly faced in getting it out of prison.

I think even the Germans have more sense than to suggest a miscarriage of justice in Portugal.
England - good effort