Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 120196 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #1860 on: October 04, 2020, 10:41:20 PM »
"Bloody hell", What next? You are starting to sound like an Aussie.

It was common in NW England when I was a child.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1861 on: October 04, 2020, 10:51:11 PM »
It was common in NW England when I was a child.
I once got a detention for saying “bloody hell” as a school girl.  Glad to know that on here it is a valid expression that one can use without getting a warning. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1862 on: October 04, 2020, 11:04:41 PM »
I once got a detention for saying “bloody hell” as a school girl.  Glad to know that on here it is a valid expression that one can use without getting a warning.

So am I.  It's a favourite of mine for many a long year.  But you should never say, "Bleeding Hell" because it's common.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1863 on: October 04, 2020, 11:27:42 PM »
So am I.  It's a favourite of mine for many a long year.  But you should never say, "Bleeding Hell" because it's common.
Thanks, I’ll bear that in mind.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #1864 on: May 20, 2021, 07:45:23 AM »
They did not even have his DNA.
He was not trapped in the rape case. PJ would never connect him with that case, only because Germans insisted it he was charged.
The Irish girls rape case, in contrary, had the evidence destroyed because they could not match it with anyone in their database.

Catching up on this thread.

It's not clear to me whether it was just the physical traces of DNA that were destroyed (if the reports are accurate) or whether the digital record was as well.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1865 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »
It would be much easier to retain a digital record than physical material, so why destroy it?

Furthermore, as much of the work was done by UK forensic scientists, I'm confident that UK police would keep a copy with their records.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #1866 on: May 20, 2021, 10:08:39 AM »
What I cannot understand is that the Portuguese knew CB was a sex offender as he told them.  So,  when the hair was found on the bed when they investigated the rape,   why didn't they investigate CB?

Erm, way before he admitted that in court, he'd been arrested by the PJ (in 1999) and extradited for child sex offences committed in Germany back in 1995.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-suspect-german-christian-brueckner-portugal-prison-a9550721.html

His PJ mugshots taken on 13/ 7 /1999, presumably just prior to his extradition, unless this was related to a different unconfirmed theft in PT:
https://news.sky.com/story/police-in-portugal-reopen-rape-investigation-after-claim-against-madeleine-mccann-suspect-12033629

On 8 / 1 / 2004 (I checked at some point, and this would appear to be Jan 8, not Aug 1) he got a rap for a motoring offense re his Jag, model X (...). From memory, it was because he hadn't changed his plates (which would only apply to residents, not tourists). The plates at the time ended in (...)M-GE-2034. (The Sexta9 logo covers up the first part). The home address given at the time was Sitio das Lages, Valverde, PdL, and his work address was Taberna de Lagos, Rua Dr Joaquim Tello , Lagos.

Hazel, the young Irish woman, was raped on June 16, 2004 at around 1 am in Praia da Rocha.

Joana Cipriano disappeared on September 12 2004 from Figueira, around a 10 min drive from Monte Judeo (where he had his other residence).

The 72-year-old in PdL was raped in 2005.

In 2006, he was arrested over the diesel theft, and was held on remand until Dec 2006.

Various female children were abused or could potentially have ended up being abused in or around PdL in that rough timeframe.

(Edited to correct date of Joana's disappearance.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:22:50 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1867 on: May 20, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »
It would be much easier to retain a digital record than physical material, so why destroy it?

Furthermore, as much of the work was done by UK forensic scientists, I'm confident that UK police would keep a copy with their records.

Jassi, my reply to Vixte concerned the Hazel case (2004). It's possible that the DNA in her case didn't match his, and was ruled out at some point and I missed an episode.

My comment was more general. Tabloids tend to make a hooha about destroying DNA evidence, when in fact it may be simply the biological sample that is, unless a request is made to keep it. Not sure why, possibly due to health and safety. There are also laws in several countries as to how long DNA results can be kept on databases... I'd have to check back as I'm not sure PT even had one back in 2004. However, the lab would presumably have retained the results in their files and the results could have been checked more recently.

In the American lady's case, I doubt that his conviction could have been made on the basis of an mtDNA result from a hair, therefore it would seem more likely to me that they had a full nuclear DNA result. In 5A, there were numerous hairs which could only be tested for mtDNA (as the hairs didn't have roots), and that didn't correspond to any of the mtDNA profiles the PT lab was requested to check them against.

If his mtDNA haplotype (which could also be obtained from that hair) did correspond to one of the unknown ones in 5A, it wouldn't positively identify him, but would include him as a possibility, pending exclusion for other reasons.

The press appears to be mute as to whether his DNA is connected to any of the child molestation cases that occurred prior to Madeleine's disappearance (cf smelly man, etc).

It's possible that, despite his numerous convictions, he was simply unlucky at being in the wrong place at the time, and that someone else was responsible for some of the suspicions against him, but then he needs to be ruled out.