Author Topic: I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.  (Read 11587 times)

Offline Vertigo Swirl

Re: I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.
« Reply #690 on: May 16, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »
Who mentioned anything about a bin ?
Immaterial - subsitute "bin" for and other hiding place and it does not alter my point.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #691 on: May 16, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
Really? Harrison never mentioned that.
Tell me how you would successfully dispose of a body in the sea from PdL without one then - trebuchet maybe?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:34:50 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #692 on: May 16, 2021, 02:20:52 PM »
Tell me how you would successfully dispose of a body in the sea from PdL without one then - trebuchet maybe?

Harrison said;

The optimum time to throw a body from the top of the diff into the sea would be between 0200hrs and 0400hrs as the sea would be at the cliffs edge.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm#p9p2255
England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #693 on: May 16, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
Harrison said;

The optimum time to throw a body from the top of the diff into the sea would be between 0200hrs and 0400hrs as the sea would be at the cliffs edge.
Have you seen the cliffs at PdL?  They are not sheer and there would be IMO a real likelihood of any body coming to rest before actually reaching the water level.  But say you were successful, what work was done on calculating what would happen to a body's whereabouts if dropped into the water at the bottom of the cliff? How long would it take to carry a child's body from the OC to the most convenient part of the cliff for body disposal?  What route would you need to take?  How would you achieve this on foot in the pitch darkness?

Offline jassi

« Reply #694 on: May 16, 2021, 03:02:08 PM »
Harrison said;

I believe that boats were available at the OC.
One of those could have been used, clandestinely, or in full view, to take a body a couple of miles out to sea
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for this season.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #695 on: May 16, 2021, 04:05:41 PM »
Have you seen the cliffs at PdL?  They are not sheer and there would be IMO a real likelihood of any body coming to rest before actually reaching the water level.  But say you were successful, what work was done on calculating what would happen to a body's whereabouts if dropped into the water at the bottom of the cliff? How long would it take to carry a child's body from the OC to the most convenient part of the cliff for body disposal?  What route would you need to take?  How would you achieve this on foot in the pitch darkness?

I know Mark Harrison saw the cliffs and he seemed to think it was possible to launch a body from there into the sea. If you read his report he did indeed explain the possible whereabouts of the body thereafter.

England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #696 on: May 16, 2021, 04:06:35 PM »
I believe that boats were available at the OC.
One of those could have been used, clandestinely, or in full view, to take a body a couple of miles out to sea
Quite possible, but almost certainly not by Gerry or Kate, certainly not without either of their absences having been noted for several hours that night.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #697 on: May 16, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
I know Mark Harrison saw the cliffs and he seemed to think it was possible to launch a body from there into the sea. If you read his report he did indeed explain the possible whereabouts of the body thereafter.
Putting Mark Harrison's observations to one side for a moment - what do you think?  Was he referring to these cliffs adjacent to the resort? https://www.google.com/search?q=praia+da+luz+cliffs&safe=strict&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB811GB811&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjI36_wvc7wAhXv0eAKHQflBg0Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1360&bih=625