Author Topic: I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.  (Read 36316 times)

Offline Robittybob1

I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.
« on: January 22, 2021, 08:48:56 PM »
I'm getting reports that a Madeleine look-alike is alive.  A person on my FB group is saying some interesting stuff that makes it sound like he has identified a girl in his area whom I think he's saying she is Madeleine McCann.

I'm getting scared, as what will happen now?  How should I handle this situation?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:27:09 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Re: I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 08:51:55 PM »
I'm getting reports that Madeleine is alive.  A person on my FB group is saying some interesting stuff that makes it sound like he has identified a girl in his area whom I think he's saying she is Madeleine McCann.

I'm getting scared, as what will happen now?  How should I handle this situation?
Is his name Stan

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
Is his name Stan

were You thinking of William Logan?  No it is not Stan.  I'm am trying to handle this the best I can.  I'm saving the comments (in case they are deleted) and getting the profile of the person writing the information.

Just noticed he is from Germany.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:57:56 PM »
were You thinking of William Logan?  No it is not Stan.  I'm am trying to handle this the best I can.  I'm saving the comments (in case they are deleted) and getting the profile of the person writing the information.

Just noticed he is from Germany.

I was joking...you are being wound up again... Why do you believe this rubbish

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:06:18 PM »
I was joking...you are being wound up again... Why do you believe this rubbish
I can't share the actual posts just yet but there is no indication that he is joking at this stage.  If I get his permission I will PM them to you or post them on the forum. 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »
Just waiting and seeing what happens next.
Moderation

Online Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »

I admire your persistence, Rob, but haven't we done this all before?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 09:46:31 PM »
I think this thread is a big mistake.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 09:50:30 PM »
I admire your persistence, Rob, but haven't we done this all before?
Have we?  I can't remember any previous occasions.  In the end, we have to look into every occurrence till we strike it lucky.  I just recall that Myasia Gibbs event and how I didn't handle it correctly to start with, that is why I'm asking for advice. 

I think this thread is a big mistake.
What is your reasoning?  If I get the advice I need, and handle it correctly, what could be wrong with it?
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
Have we?  I can't remember any previous occasions.  In the end, we have to look into every occurrence till we strike it lucky.  I just recall that Myasia Gibbs event and how I didn't handle it correctly to start with, that is why I'm asking for advice. 
What is your reasoning?  If I get the advice I need, and handle it correctly, what could be wrong with it?
You should know better than to make such sensationalist announcements that could be read by anyone and raise hope and expectations.  It is almost certainly going to turn out to be a scam or false, so why not establish the veracity of the claim privately before starting such a thread?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »
If you seriously think there is anything to this rumour the thing to do is contact Operation Grange, not start discussing it on a forum.  IMO.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 11:20:02 PM »
If you seriously think there is anything to this rumour the thing to do is contact Operation Grange, not start discussing it on a forum.  IMO.
We are discussing how to handle it.  That's all.  OK, if I contact OG I don't get any reply ( from experience).  So it essential to have other things correct too.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 11:22:39 PM »
You should know better than to make such sensationalist announcements that could be read by anyone and raise hope and expectations.  It is almost certainly going to turn out to be a scam or false, so why not establish the veracity of the claim privately before starting such a thread?
There have been plenty of sightings of Madeleine McCann over the years so that is nothing new, but what is new is that the sighting has been reported to me.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 11:28:04 PM »
How many reports of Madeleine being alive have you received?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 11:32:49 PM »
How many reports of Madeleine being alive have you received?
At this stage it is two posts from the same person, but with significantly different information.  (not like the same post, posted twice.)
Moderation