Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 24606 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2021, 03:15:22 PM »
Oh, lol and here's me thinking it meant this ....mid you I think it does

3 = Low importance: Judgments, decisions and advisory opinions of little legal interest, namely judgments and decisions that simply apply existing case-law, friendly settlements and strike outs (unless raising a particular point of interest). The importance levels are mentioned in the notice accompanying each document.
that’s exactly what Davel said, you’ve just confirmed it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2021, 03:19:39 PM »
that’s exactly what Davel said, you’ve just confirmed it.

Well you can certainly understand my post better than his.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »
Well you can certainly understand my post better than his.

Some people just can't get to grips with some things.  For example 'Presumed innocent' doesn't mean they are innocent, being suspected without enough evidence to convict is a legitimate legal status. That is why it is said to be 'presumed innocent' until convicted and found to be guilty.

The PJ  found they did not have enough evidence, but imo they did suspect they have not told the truth  about certain things pertaining to their daughter disappearance.  The case is still being investigated. Amaral has nothing to do with this casse as their claim is against a countries legal system not  a person.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:19:34 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2021, 03:15:24 PM »
Some people just can't get to grips with some things.  For example 'Presumed innocent' doesn't mean they are innocent, being suspected without enough evidence to convict is a legitimate legal status. That is why it is said to be 'presumed innocent' until convicted and found to be guilty.

The PJ  found they did not have enough evidence,   The case is still being investigated. Amaral has nothing to do with this casse as their claim is against a countries legal system not  a person.

I think you will find most posters understand what Presumed Innocent means.
The ECHR case will concern Amaral...not directly but it relates to what he wrote and how much evidence he had to support his claims. Then if thecCanns are successful which judging by previous case law they will be....  if Amaral repeats his claims he could end up back in court
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 03:28:38 PM by Brietta »

« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2021, 04:37:06 PM »
I think you will find most posters understand what Presumed Innocent means.
The ECHR case will concern Amaral...not directly but it relates to what he wrote and how much evidence he had to support his claims. Then if thecCanns are successful which judging by previous case law they will be....  if Amaral repeats his claims he could end up back in court

Which court?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #455 on: June 14, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »

« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2021, 04:48:40 PM »
A Portuguese court of course

Oh..... the non libel- libel trial court? That would be cool.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2021, 04:56:50 PM »
Oh..... the non libel- libel trial court? That would be cool.

Its been confirmed that one oof the two points in question is article 8 whichcovers defamation/libel

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2021, 01:20:23 PM »
Still no sign of the link I requested. Who the heck is Tony?

PROVEN FACTS

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0 page 8

in order for us to understand exactly what this means we need to know what Alinea AS  and Alinea AR means. Alianea means paragrah I beleive which means to me there is more to this stateemnt than what has been translated or released

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »

in order for us to understand exactly what this means we need to know what Alinea AS  and Alinea AR means. Alianea means paragrah I beleive which means to me there is more to this stateemnt than what has been translated or released
I think it refers to another document of "Undisputed facts" that were presumably given a reference A-Z, then AA-AZ - have we ever seen this document?  Who decided these facts were undisputed anyway?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »
I think it refers to another document of "Undisputed facts" that were presumably given a reference A-Z, then AA-AZ - have we ever seen this document?  Who decided these facts were undisputed anyway?

Celestial teapot.

Or whatever the equivalent expression in Portuguese.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »
Celestial teapot.

Or whatever the equivalent expression in Portuguese.
Why?  Which bit?

Offline Carana

« Reply #462 on: June 23, 2021, 10:22:35 AM »
Why?  Which bit?

My understanding is that some of the so-called "proven facts" were true (Madeleine's DOB, etc.). A few others were disputed (from memory, some of the alleged revenue streams), but other points weren't allowed to be disputed (e.g., what the dogs actually reacted to), as disputing the veracity of what was in the files would have been the remit of a criminal trial, not the civil case for damages.

If my understanding is correct, if there had been "expert" testimony /a report in the files up until Amaral got booted to the effect that the parents had established a cloning factory on Jupiter, then that assertion, could - in theory -  have made the "proven fact" list for the purposes of the civil court case (based on the files established until Amaral was removed).

It couldn't have been disputed and was therefore officially undisputed... but that doesn't make the assertion true, only that it was recorded in the files up until his departure and was therefore not a total invention by Amaral.

The fact that Eddie would also alert to the scent of blood from a living human being appears to have only been established post-Amaral.

IMO, the dogs aren't the only issue.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #463 on: June 23, 2021, 10:35:44 AM »
My understanding is that some of the so-called "proven facts" were true (Madeleine's DOB, etc.). A few others were disputed (from memory, some of the alleged revenue streams), but other points weren't allowed to be disputed (e.g., what the dogs actually reacted to), as disputing the veracity of what was in the files would have been the remit of a criminal trial, not the civil case for damages.

If my understanding is correct, if there had been "expert" testimony /a report in the files up until Amaral got booted to the effect that the parents had established a cloning factory on Jupiter, then that assertion, could - in theory -  have made the "proven fact" list for the purposes of the civil court case (based on the files established until Amaral was removed).

It couldn't have been disputed and was therefore officially undisputed... but that doesn't make the assertion true, only that it was recorded in the files up until his departure and was therefore not a total invention by Amaral.

The fact that Eddie would also alert to the scent of blood from a living human being appears to have only been established post-Amaral.

IMO, the dogs aren't the only issue.

Thanks Carana that makes perfect sense. It was also in the files that at a meeting with VGrime at Amarals office the PJ eere told the alerts haf no evident value and no inference could be drawn  from them without physical evidence.

Offline Carana

« Reply #464 on: June 23, 2021, 11:17:38 AM »
Thanks Carana that makes perfect sense. It was also in the files that at a meeting with VGrime at Amarals office the PJ eere told the alerts haf no evident value and no inference could be drawn  from them without physical evidence.

The meeting apparently took place in Amaral's office, but I have never found it clear if Amaral was actually present or not.