Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 20679 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 04:04:05 PM »
In the very unlikely (imo) event that Madeleine is alive, there is one fact that stands out. Had her parents made sure that she was protected she would never have been separated from them. Kate McCann said;

Nothing is more important to us than finding our little girl. [madeleine, introduction]

Had protecting their little girl been their priority there would have been no need to find her.
In your opinion then all children who go missing have not been properly protected by their parents?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »
In your opinion then all children who go missing have not been properly protected by their parents?

Those are your words (again) not mine.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »
Those are your words (again) not mine.
It was a question.  You could just say “no”, or agree with it if you do.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »
It was a question.  You could just say “no”, or agree with it if you do.

Grammatically it isn't a question. It's a declaration by you of what my opinion is, with a question mark tagged onto the end of it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 10:12:39 PM »
Grammatically it isn't a question. It's a declaration by you of what my opinion is, with a question mark tagged onto the end of it.
Now you’re just deflecting by coming over all grammar Nazi-ish.  In my most humble worthless opinion of course.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 06:27:30 AM »
Now you’re just deflecting by coming over all grammar Nazi-ish.  In my most humble worthless opinion of course.

I have no need to deflect, no question was asked, despite your claim that it was. What was the question you think you were asking?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 07:12:30 AM »
I have no need to deflect, no question was asked, despite your claim that it was. What was the question you think you were asking?
Are you seriously unable to work it out yourself? I thought you were bright.  Obviously I was mistaken, so here is my question again, written grammatically correctly to enable you (hopefully) to fully comprehend it:
“In your opinion then have all children who go missing not been properly protected by their parents?”
I misplaced one word in the original and you made a pedantic issue of it.  Utterly pathetic IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 08:05:12 AM »
Are you seriously unable to work it out yourself? I thought you were bright.  Obviously I was mistaken, so here is my question again, written grammatically correctly to enable you (hopefully) to fully comprehend it:
“In your opinion then have all children who go missing not been properly protected by their parents?”
I misplaced one word in the original and you made a pedantic issue of it.  Utterly pathetic IMO.

I'm bright enough to recognise a question when I see one. The answer is no, imo not all children who go missing have not been properly protected by their parents. I was referring to one case and for some reason you chose to suggest I was referring to every case of missing children.

Obviously I don't know the circumstances surrounding every case involving a missing child. I do know that some are never returned to a parent's custody, being kept away by their other parent, so the parent with custody isn't to blame. Other children run away, which makes it difficult for parents to prevent. So all cases are different, as I'm sure you know if you think about it.

"Misplacing" a word can change the meaning of a sentence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 08:11:12 AM »
I'm bright enough to recognise a question when I see one. The answer is no, imo not all children who go missing have not been properly protected by their parents. I was referring to one case and for some reason you chose to suggest I was referring to every case of missing children.

Obviously I don't know the circumstances surrounding every case involving a missing child. I do know that some are never returned to a parent's custody, being kept away by their other parent, so the parent with custody isn't to blame. Other children run away, which makes it difficult for parents to prevent. So all cases are different, as I'm sure you know if you think about it.

FYI sentences with a question mark at the end are questions, no matter what order thr words are in before it.  Hope that’s clear now. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »
IMO it could be argued that each and every small child who has an accident or wanders off never to be seen again has not been “properly protected” by their parents.  Yet we make allowances for most other fsmous cases of disappeared or murdered small children and choose not to continue to heapblame and fury on their parents.  It appears that the McCanns are a special case, still being criticised and accused 14 years after the event.  Can someone explain why these two are so utterly despised when others are not?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 08:55:40 AM »

once maddie  turns   18  even if she is dead people on this forum wont  be able to use   words like the parents of a missing  child etc because   18 isnt  a  child   going back to my OP do you  think if maddie is alive and knows  english and knows who she is  she would  want to contact the mcanns now??
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 09:00:34 AM by carlymichelle »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 08:56:24 AM »
FYI sentences with a question mark at the end are questions, no matter what order thr words are in before it.  Hope that’s clear now.

No they aren't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 09:01:55 AM »
once maddie  turns   18  even if she is dead people on this forum wont  be able to use   words like the parents of a missing  child etc because   18 isnt  a  child

No doubt it will now be 'parents of missing teenager'  That'll have a couple of year's mileage in it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 09:07:16 AM »
No doubt it will now be 'parents of missing teenager'  That'll have a couple of year's mileage in it.

here in australia  18 is a legal adult

Offline jassi

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »
here in australia  18 is a legal adult

Same in UK.
I'm sure her 18th birthday will come and go without any sign of her.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future