Author Topic: The Paynes used a baby monitor so was this accepted practice?  (Read 17402 times)

Alfie

Re: The Paynes used a baby monitor so was this accepted practice?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 08:37:21 PM »
I've no idea what other resorts have, nor do I care. If they offer a service they share the responsibility if it goes wrong.

Is 30 minutes a few minutes? Strewth, what do you call a lot? Some child care experts say avoid CIO because it makes the child insecure; take your pick.
The point you are avoiding is that thousands of parents have done PRECISELY what the McCanns have done, yet because it ended badly for the McCanns you feel it is necessary to concentrate all your criticism on them. 

I don't advocate deliberately leaving children to cry, but I don't think the McCanns did this did they?  But had the children cried for a few minutes between half-hourly checks they would not have been at serious risk of harm.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
Anyone who goes out to dinner while on holiday leaving young child unattended are a disgrace and should be prosecuted for neglect.
Was one of those baby monitors good enough?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 08:54:35 PM »

Baby monitors are designed to be used within a very short range and fulfill that function quite adequately.  Most monitors have a limited range indoors so asking them to perform over 50 metres would be seen as borderline for most units.  That said however, if they worked then I see no problem with using them.  If needed the parents could be back in their apartment within a minute.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 08:58:03 PM »
One of the baby monitors was good enough.

Should or should not there have been 4 baby monitors that were good enough?

Monitors working at that distance were as cheap as chips in 2007.  Try Google before anyone asks me for a cite.

The question is - why did only the Paynes have a decent baby monitor?
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »
I think people  who harass an innocent couple on the net are a disgrace and should be prosecuted......unfortunately it isnt up to us individuals

Innocent of what? Leaving their kids home alone in an unlocked apartment? Guilty and admittedly so.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
Baby monitors do not work efficiently over a few metres in my experience.  We left our kids to have drinks in our next door neighbour's house which was attached to ours, the baby monitor did not work at all, just emitted white noise.

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 09:02:49 PM »
The point you are avoiding is that thousands of parents have done PRECISELY what the McCanns have done, yet because it ended badly for the McCanns you feel it is necessary to concentrate all your criticism on them. 

I don't advocate deliberately leaving children to cry, but I don't think the McCanns did this did they?  But had the children cried for a few minutes between half-hourly checks they would not have been at serious risk of harm.

Who was doing the checking on the Tuesday night when the children were howling for over an hour and seriously disturbed the elderly resident above them?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Alfie

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »
Innocent of what? Leaving their kids home alone in an unlocked apartment? Guilty and admittedly so.
So you're accepting it was unlocked now are you?

Alfie

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 09:12:30 PM »
Who was doing the checking on the Tuesday night when the children were howling for over an hour and seriously disturbed the elderly resident above them?
If it was the McCann children (and we don't know that for certain) their parents didn't deliberately leave them crying.  But what has this got to do with a plausible and logical abduction theory?  Aren't you supposed to keep things on topic?

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 09:31:54 PM »
If it was the McCann children (and we don't know that for certain) their parents didn't deliberately leave them crying.  But what has this got to do with a plausible and logical abduction theory?  Aren't you supposed to keep things on topic?

Don't come that one again alf, we know it was Madeleine and Sean.  Posts moved.

eta  you never answered my question, what happened to the claimed 1/2 hr checks on the Tuesday night?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:46:06 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:44 PM »
Baby monitors do not work efficiently over a few metres in my experience.  We left our kids to have drinks in our next door neighbour's house which was attached to ours, the baby monitor did not work at all, just emitted white noise.

All depends on the monitor, a £5 set will undoubtedly perfom much worse than a £30 set.

Alfie

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
Don't come that one again alf, we know it was Madeleine and Sean.  Posts moved.

eta  you never answered my question, what happened to the claimed checks on the Tuesday night?
No you don't know.  And why are you asking me what happened?  Was I there?  No.  Are you inviting me to commit libel and say the Tapas Group lied about the frequency of their checks? 

Alfie

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »
All depends on the monitor, a £5 set will undoubtedly perfom much worse than a £30 set.
LOL.  Are you accusing me of being cheap? 

Offline John

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
No you don't know.  And why are you asking me what happened?  Was I there?  No.  Are you inviting me to commit libel and say the Tapas Group lied about the frequency of their checks?

We all know the checking regime was flexible.  So Mrs Fenn and her friend were witness to the howling on the Tue night and according to Kate's book Madeleine told her that she and Sean cried on the Wed night, that means the children cried on two consecutive nights?  Was that acceptable parenting in your opinion?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:41:45 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 09:39:01 PM »
LOL.  Are you accusing me of being cheap?

@)(++(*   you did say it wouldn't work.