Author Topic: Amarals wife. Alexandra Sofia de Sousa Manjua Leal complaint to the police  (Read 25091 times)

Offline TTSOFAFM

Redblossom, please read the judgment.  It doesn't matter if she appeared at court or not.  Those documents were corroborated by a person in authority.

This document, corroborated by another Service Picket Judicial Police,

So? How does that make the documents authentic?
Are you being serious?  If a document is corroborated in Court, that does make the authentic.  It would be like a witness statement being read out in court and authenticated and then some one saying because the person is not there it is not authentic.

As much as you wish to deny these documents are genuine, RedBlossom, the court documentation states otherwise.  And if I was to lay my trust as to who is speaking the truth, an official judgment or a forum poster, I think I will stick with the Official Judgment.

Offline sadie

AND the POINT is even if they are, bears no relation whatsoever to MADIIE VANISHING does it?

Some if you have to realise there was a paid agenda to dig out dirt on Mr Amaral, it has been admitted to as well, now I wonder whythat was, prettymuch the same as trying to trash the dogs shameful at best

A "paid agenda"? I am in hysterics here.

Why is such a "paid agenda" needed.

The man is a criminal, convicted of lying over collusion in a torture case!

The man has been chased by his own brother for defaulting on debts.

The man chucked his daughter's pet in a bin instead of showing sympathy and dealing with it properly.

The man is a friend to Cristovao who is in trouble for all sorts of alleged criminal behaviour.

The man is accused by his own wife of all kinds of abuse.

Why would anyone need to be paid to expose what everyone knows about him?

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Excellent post Gilet

in a nutshell

There you are Red

Offline Carana

Redblossom, please read the judgment.  It doesn't matter if she appeared at court or not.  Those documents were corroborated by a person in authority.

Are you being serious?  If a document is corroborated in Court, that does make the authentic.  It would be like a witness statement being read out in court and authenticated and then some one saying because the person is not there it is not authentic.

As much as you wish to deny these documents are genuine, RedBlossom, the court documentation states otherwise.  And if I was to lay my trust as to who is speaking the truth, an official judgment or a forum poster, I think I will stick with the Official Judgment.

From the legal remarks on the document submitted to the court:

2.1.8.) O outro documento apresentado pela recorrente respeita a uma carta endereçada pela esposa do Sr. Inspector II, de quem se encontrava separada, ao Sr. Director Nacional Adjunto da Directoria de Faro da Polícia Judiciária, queixando-se deste. Está datada de 23/12/2007. A recorrente diz que só agora teve conhecimento da dita. É de admitir como prova nova.

Doesn't this say that it was admitted as new evidence? Perhaps a Portuguese-speaker could clarify in case I've misunderstood.

If so, I doubt that this would have been the case if it had not been considered authentic.

Amongst the points in that letter:
4. Today, Sunday 23th, and after numerous attempts, Gonçalo never answered his phone and he is not at home.

For a mother trying to find her child and get her back home for Christmas, I don't see how the content of her letter could have referred to her concerns on Sunday, 23 December, with a PJ record acknowledging it on the same date, if it hadn't been personally delivered.  >@@(*&)

Offline Benice

2.1.8.) O outro documento apresentado pela recorrente respeita a uma carta endereçada pela esposa do Sr. Inspector II, de quem se encontrava separada, ao Sr. Director Nacional Adjunto da Directoria de Faro da Polícia Judiciária, queixando-se deste. Está datada de 23/12/2007. A recorrente diz que só agora teve conhecimento da dita. É de admitir como prova nova.

Doesn't this say that it was admitted as new evidence? Perhaps a Portuguese-speaker could clarify in case I've misunderstood.

If so, I doubt that this would have been the case if it had not been considered authentic.

4. Today, Sunday 23th, and after numerous attempts, Gonçalo never answered his phone and he is not at home.

For a mother trying to find her child and get her back home for Christmas, I don't see how the content of her letter could have referred to her concerns on Sunday, 23 December, with a PJ record acknowledging it on the same date, if it hadn't been personally delivered.  >@@(*&)

Good point Carana.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline TTSOFAFM

Thank you Carana, for finding that. And you make a very valid point about the date of the letter and the date of the deliverance of such letter. 

Knowing that the documents were authenticated and submitted as evidence as being truthful, it does rather raise questions about the answers Sofia Leal gave in the O Crime Interview.

O Crime - Do you consider that the letter disclosed by Leonor's lawyer is false? Then how is it explained that your signature is on it? What do you think is behind its dissemination in the current context?

Sofia Leal - Completely false, both the content and authorship. Furthermore, we need only look at the credibility and reputation of those who made it public, it is just one more slander, an attempt to tarnish the image of my husband. It seems that this time, in a desperate attempt, they are attacking one of the key pillars of Gonçalo Amaral's life: the family.

Accepting that the letter is false, has any legal action been taken against the perpetrator of the forgery?

Let me be very frank: unlike my husband, I do not believe in the justice system. This is not a critical sector, or even corporate. I respect, of course, the professionals of this sector. But, like nearly all the Portuguese, I know what would happen. From here until ten years, more or less, we would be in court discussing this issue, which, meanwhile, would have already expired. Anyway, I hope that Dr. Marcos Aragão, in the near future, will be committed in order to receive psychiatric treatment, his dementia being declared and considered inimputable in relation to the acts he has committed. Anyway, this week he will be reported to the Ethics Council of the Bar, an institution that does not accept in its midst people who do not conduct themselves with dignity in the career of the law.

Did Gonçalo Amaral once threaten you with death and insulted [you] as it says in the letter?

Never, as I said, the content of the document is completely false. Gonçalo is a very (sometimes too) peaceful person. [Anyone] who lives with us and knows our relationship knows the affection and respect with which he has always treated me. And this is indeed the pillar of our relationship.

Source of comments from McCann Files http://www.mccannfiles.com/id131.html

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
What a Hypocrite

Open letter to Mrs Healy, Kate.

-- Dear Madam,

Excuse my audacity, but after learning about your comment in your interview with the newspaper, Expresso, on the subject of Gonçalo Amaral, my husband and father of my daughters, I have to send you these words of thanks. For many years I have been trying to make myself understood with this feeling that unites you and I "....and his behaviour is a disgrace professionally and as a person"...

Consider this:
a) Professionally

-- As coordinator of criminal investigation for the PJ, my husband has always refused to sit comfortably behind his desk, from 9 to 5, which is usual for his rank.

Instead of that, he spent the day (and sometimes the night) on the ground with the investigators, coordinating "on the spot" searches, surveillance, seizures and other duties. What a disgrace! But if this was just about being exposed to the elements, things wouldn't be serious, because as madam Kate knows, the weather here is not bad. The problem is his commitment to the cause which has cost him promotion in his career. I will explain, because this case is contemporary to the search for your daughter. My husband was involved as senior coordinator, and between seizures of drugs, kidnappings and murders, he succeeded in producing a theory about drug trafficking by sea, which he defended before a jury in Lisbon, who congratulated him.

Full of hope, Gonçalo Amaral returned to the Algarve to await the result. It was with astonishment that he learned that he had been passed over by other colleagues (coordinators as it happens, to tell the truth), because he had not managed to get himself into "professonal training" settings. And yes, madam Kate, my husband spent his life working, in the midst of complex investigations. He was the man in Portugal who seized most drugs, but as he didn't have the time to parade himself in the corridors of the PJ's institution, he was not promoted. A disgrace, madam, a disgrace!

As you must know, because you seem very well informed to me, my husband's salary was barely 1.5 times the minimum wage of your country. However, as a wife, mother and Portuguese, I cannot complain, given that Gonçalo Amaral's salary was the equivalent of 4.5 times the minimum wage in Portugal. Pay attention to this, which serves as an example of what I am going to explain: at one time, an individual shot an officer of the PSP and fled into neighbouring Spain. Between the comings and goings of a PJ team, of which my husband was a part, they were there for more than 15 days.

At that time, international expenses were 100€. As madam Kate can imagine, it is not possible on that amount to eat and to lodge in Spain, still less when it is Christmas Eve, and this amount would only be available (with a bit of luck) by Easter. Even with that, Gonçalo Amaral never refused, not even for a day, to search for the evasive murderer, thus increasing our family budget. And this is only one example amongst many. I once suggested to him the creation of a fund, or something else for dealing with these extraordinary expenses, but he never listened to me. While we too had our mortgage to pay...A disgrace, Madam Kate, a disgrace!

b) Also as an individual, his behaviour is a disgrace, because it was never possible to distinguish or to have a private life with the way of working he chose. However, and if my dear friend Madam Kate will allow me, I can give some examples: Five years ago, a child called Joana "disappeared." The mother, just like Madam Kate, tried to project the case into the media, but this was as far as she got...After 8 days, came the confessions and the evidence: During an incestuous act between the mother and the uncle, the child was beaten, later cut into pieces and her body disposed of, no one knows where. The mother and the uncle were imprisoned, with the trial coordinated by Gonçalo Amaral, and bringing each of them nearly 20 years in prison. But going back a bit.

The child died on September 12th. On Christmas Eve, our family were together to begin our prayers, when my husband asked me to prepare a bag with food and warm clothes, because he had not yet carried out his Christmas act of contrition and penitence. Try to imagine, Madam Kate, where Gonçalo Amaral took himself that Christmas night when there was torrential rain and roaring thunder? To the Olhao prison establishment, where João Cipriano, Joana's uncle, was a prisoner; confessed murderer and clinically declared a psychopath. For my husband, giving alms to a beggar did not represent any sacrifice.
On the other hand, joining and sharing his Christmas meal with João Cipriano was the sacrifice he offered to God in memory of Joana. And isn't that a disgrace? Know this, Madam Kate, every year, on September 12th, my husband requests a mass for Joana Isabel Cipriano Guerreiro. He says that no one else will remember the poor child. But people remember to accuse him unjustly of acts and crimes which he has never committed. Isn't that a disgrace, Madam Kate?

I will relate one last story, which still costs me to talk about. This year, in May, we started the process of moving our family to Portimao. My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen. I started a new job, I looked at houses, I made the move and I tried to settle our daughters into new schools with new routines.

All that alone, without any support from my husband, who, for obvious reasons, was looking for your daughter, Madam Kate. In October, on the day of his birthday, a week after our daughters had started the new school year, Gonçalo Amaral was dismissed and returned to Faro. It was supposed to be a time of the family getting together, but in fact it was even more of a separation. Isn't that a disgrace? Our daughters have never understood, and we have never succeeded in explaining to them what the obvious reasons were that justified a father leaving his daughters to look for a child he didn't know and whom the parents neglected. A disgrace that my dear friend Kate was not there at that time. Perhaps you could have helped us explain the "obvious reasons" to our children for their father's being sent back.

To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more.

I ask my dear friend to forgive these thoughts of a wife and mother, but I am sure you will understand. I will finish this missive by asking you to pass on to your mother my sincere compliments. She seemed very sincere to me when, during an interview, she said she had the urge to slap those who had left her grandchildren alone. She spoke as openly as a true Portuguese grandmother would have done.

My dear friend Madam Kate, without wishing to bother you any further, I would like you to do me a last favour: now that you are starting to let the truth come out, don't stop, go on, and tell the truth the world is waiting to hear.

With my best regards,

Sofia Leal

(Wife and mother of Gonçalo Amaral's children.)

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/130241

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:49:58 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Benice

I will relate one last story, which still costs me to talk about. This year, in May, we started the process of moving our family to Portimao. My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen.  Unquote
--------------------------------------
Wasn't he otherwise engaged being made an Arguido on that day?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline gilet

I will relate one last story, which still costs me to talk about. This year, in May, we started the process of moving our family to Portimao. My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen.  Unquote
--------------------------------------
Wasn't he otherwise engaged being made an Arguido on that day?

Whether being made an arguido or not (and I think that is one of the things that may well have been occupying him on the morning after Madeleine disappeared I have to think, how big of him to give up his holiday? When you join the police you expect to have your life put on hold in emergencies. That simply goes with the territory.

But am I alone in detecting resentment in that brief quote?

Offline Carana

He was the man in Portugal who seized most drugs, but as he didn't have the time to parade himself in the corridors of the PJ's institution, he was not promoted.

- Re his drugs seizure record:
Is there any corroboration for this? In what capacity? As a coordinator? I was led to understand that coordinators aren't necessarily expected to have a hands-on approach (at least in terms of a missing child), so what exactly does this mean?

- Lack of promotion? Because he didn't have time to "lobby"? To which position?

Offline Carana

At that time, international expenses were 100€. As madam Kate can imagine, it is not possible on that amount to eat and to lodge in Spain, still less when it is Christmas Eve, and this amount would only be available (with a bit of luck) by Easter. Even with that, Gonçalo Amaral never refused, not even for a day, to search for the evasive murderer, thus increasing our family budget. And this is only one example amongst many. I once suggested to him the creation of a fund, or something else for dealing with these extraordinary expenses, 

A police officer can't survive on €100 per diem in Spain?

Offline Carana

He asked her to pack food and clothing so that he could share his Christmas meal with João Cipriano?

Did he get permssion from the prison for this? Did João Cipriano want to see him?

What's the corroboration for this?

Hmmm.

Offline Carana

My husband's holiday was supposed to start the day after your daughter disappeared. "For obvious reasons," that didn't happen.

Erm, no. As he was made arguido on that day.

Offline DCI

He asked her to pack food and clothing so that he could share his Christmas meal with João Cipriano?

Did he get permssion from the prison for this? Did João Cipriano want to see him?

Hmmm.

To finish, on the intimate subject of Gonçalo Amaral, I can only tell you that he is exactly as the Latinos have a reputation for: a wild one, and my modesty does not allow me to say any more.

Yes we all know about his abilities in that dept,

Now there is corroboration for that.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:23:13 PM by DCI »

Offline Carana

Hmmm.

I have avoided that for the sake of their young daughter. I don't find it fair to her - she's just a little girl.

Offline DCI

Hmmm.

I have avoided that for the sake of their young daughter. I don't find it fair to her - she's just a little girl.

She didn't avoid that, for her young daughter though, did she? Or Kates children!

You're not trying to tell me, their kids didn't hear the arguments, fights and threats. Especially the youngest that was with Amaral, when she tried to get her back home, and complained to the PJ.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:29:18 PM by DCI »