Author Topic: No 4 - The Search for Madeleine McCann and Oakley International  (Read 21074 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: No 4 - The Search for Madeleine McCann and Oakley International
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2013/former-ceo-of-london-based-company-pleads-guilty-to-federal-charge-in-2.1-million-fraud-scheme

Under the plea agreement, Halligen also must pay $2.1 million in restitution to the company that was the victim of his scheme.

OK not sued but part of the FBI case against him. Same meat different gravy.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Benice

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 02:15:08 PM »
Why do you think the McCanns have not taken any action against him Benice ? Or reported him to the police ? As the troll dossier proves the McCanns are rather keen on reporting perceived law-breakers to the police so why not this time ?

IMO if he had not been arrested and charged -  I think they may well have taken action.   In the event -  he was found guilty of fraud anyway.   Not much point in throwing good money after bad as IIRC he was broke in the end and so there was no chance of them recuperating their losses.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »
You've missed the point I was making G-Unit.    IMO people defrauded by [moderated]s are victims - not ''associates with criminal contacts'' -  which is what Stephen is claiming and which I was disputing.

IMO clever duplicitous conmen such as Halligen would make sure that any 'checks' made on their activities would not lead to anything which could expose them.   Deceiving people is their MO after all and he was very good at doing that.      If it was that easy to expose their criminal activities by the usual checks  - there would be no conmen such as Halligen in the first place IMO.

Do you have the same criticism of all Halligens clients/victims regarding 'being more careful'  - or just anyone McCann related?

Remembering that none of their clients had the hindsight we now have about Halligen  - how do you suggest they could have been more careful?

We have no information about checks being made on any of the people employed in the search. If checks were made I would have expected someone to say so though, we usually have information being made available after the fact as it were.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:40:09 AM by Admin »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Admin

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »
There is no doubt that very poor choices were made when it came to employing private detectives in the search for Madeleine.  It would be interesting to know who recommended Red Defence/Oakley International and Metodo 3 given the very substantial sums of public money involved?

Offline Anna

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »
I think it was the convenience of their base in Spain, which influenced the choice of  Metado 3

http://cryptome.org/0001/henri-exton.htm
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato