Author Topic: No 1 - The Search for Madeleine McCann and Control Risks Group (CRG)  (Read 16138 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: No 1 - The Search for Madeleine McCann and Control Risks Group (CRG)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:09 AM »
From one of your links Merc
"used by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office"

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »
Why do you think they were brought in, if not to compensate for the scaling down of the police search as stated by the McCanns themselves, an explanation you clearly refuse to accept?

I would appreciate a cite for the bolded statement; I can't find one.

I have this one. An interview with Jane Hill on 25th May. Gerry McCann says he has been advised that private investigators won't help 'at this time'. He doesn't say they haven't got any though;

JH What of the reports that say, perhaps... those people who suggest that some of that money could be sensibly spent on things like private investigators, for example.

GM: Well, you know, the fund, ... was really... really evolved to provide an outlet for people who wanted to contribute financially and these offers, will help us and are helping us and that has helped us to bring in quite a comprehensive legal team and independent sector, consultants as to what we could and should be doing.

I did, address this and the situation hasn't changed that, at this time, with the huge amount of resource from the police, both in the UK and Portugal that the advice is that private investigators will not help.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Reminder to members to post On Topic ... "So what actual searching was there?".  We must attempt to control the risk of drifting off as we seem to be doing.

Good graphic though, Pegasus.  Well worth expanding on the role of each in the search for Madeleine
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »
Reminder to members to post On Topic ... "So what actual searching was there?".  We must attempt to control the risk of drifting off as we seem to be doing.

Good graphic though, Pegasus.  Well worth expanding on the role of each in the search for Madeleine

Perhaps you could begin by showing what searching CRG did, following your assertion that they filled the vacuum left by the scaling back of the GNR searches.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »
It seems to be yet another example of explanations being offered based on no evidence at all. I can't find any evidence of Control Risks Group being 'brought in' or 'hired' by the McCanns anyway, let alone to take up the physical search for Madeleine.

They arrived with the IFLG. Were they the 'comprehensive legal team' referred to by Gerry in the 25th May interview? Probably, along with Michael Nicholls QC and Bates Wells and Braithwaite.

CRG seemed to work very closely with the McCann's lawyers. They attended meetings with the couple and their lawyers. The things we know they did seem more connected with the parent's defense than with the search for Madeleine in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
It seems to be yet another example of explanations being offered based on no evidence at all. I can't find any evidence of Control Risks Group being 'brought in' or 'hired' by the McCanns anyway, let alone to take up the physical search for Madeleine.

They arrived with the IFLG. Were they the 'comprehensive legal team' referred to by Gerry in the 25th May interview? Probably, along with Michael Nicholls QC and Bates Wells and Braithwaite.

CRG seemed to work very closely with the McCann's lawyers. They attended meetings with the couple and their lawyers. The things we know they did seem more connected with the parent's defense than with the search for Madeleine in my opinion.

Were CRG hired by "The Fund" it would show in its accounts.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:20 PM »
I would appreciate a cite for the bolded statement; I can't find one.

I have this one. An interview with Jane Hill on 25th May. Gerry McCann says he has been advised that private investigators won't help 'at this time'. He doesn't say they haven't got any though;

JH What of the reports that say, perhaps... those people who suggest that some of that money could be sensibly spent on things like private investigators, for example.

GM: Well, you know, the fund, ... was really... really evolved to provide an outlet for people who wanted to contribute financially and these offers, will help us and are helping us and that has helped us to bring in quite a comprehensive legal team and independent sector, consultants as to what we could and should be doing.

I did, address this and the situation hasn't changed that, at this time, with the huge amount of resource from the police, both in the UK and Portugal that the advice is that private investigators will not help.

If you have read Kate's book you will know that they (the McCanns) were within a fee weeks of Madeleine's disappearance growing increasingly frustrated with the PT investgation and were offered the services of private investigators if they wished to use them.  It's all there in the book, pgs 158 to 159.   There are also several newspaper reports citing sources close to the McCanns but obviously you won't accept those as they were clearly made up by the evil MSM for reasons unknown @)(++(*. Now perhaps you could do me the courtesy of finally getting round to answering my question for the third time of asking: why would a couple willingly get an agency like CRG on board if they had hidden their own child's body?  How does it benefit them?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »
If you have read Kate's book you will know that they (the McCanns) were within a fee weeks of Madeleine's disappearance growing increasingly frustrated with the PT investgation and were offered the services of private investigators if they wished to use them.  It's all there in the book, pgs 158 to 159.   There are also several newspaper reports citing sources close to the McCanns but obviously you won't accept those as they were clearly made up by the evil MSM for reasons unknown @)(++(*. Now perhaps you could do me the courtesy of finally getting round to answering my question for the third time of asking: why would a couple willingly get an agency like CRG on board if they had hidden their own child's body?  How does it benefit them?

CRG appeared on 11th May, uninvited and with no warning. That's one week after the disappearance. I didn't see anything about frustration before that, sorry. Of course such complaints always came from 'friends', didn't they, never from the horses mouths as it were.

I don't know why you want my opinion of why the McCanns accepted the involvement of CRG, how would I know? My guess is that CRG were part of the IFLG package, but funded by a mystery benefactor, apparently. Most of their activities appear to be connected to defense of the parents rather than searching for their daughter.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
CRG appeared on 11th May, uninvited and with no warning. That's one week after the disappearance. I didn't see anything about frustration before that, sorry. Of course such complaints always came from 'friends', didn't they, never from the horses mouths as it were.

I don't know why you want my opinion of why the McCanns accepted the involvement of CRG, how would I know? My guess is that CRG were part of the IFLG package, but funded by a mystery benefactor, apparently. Most of their activities appear to be connected to defense of the parents rather than searching for their daughter.
Re: the bit in bold above.  Why do you think that was then?  I'm sure you don't have to think too hard to work that one out.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 08:47:32 PM »
Re: the bit in bold above.  Why do you think that was then?  I'm sure you don't have to think too hard to work that one out.

Do you have any examples of searching by CRG? I have seen no evidence yet that they did.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:22:38 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »
Do you have any examples of searching by CRG? I have seen no evidence yet that they did.

No, I have no examples of searching by CRG apart from newspaper articles claiming they were involved in nvestigating sitings in Morocco, so you win that one - well done.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:15:59 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:13 PM »
No, I have no examples of searching by CRG apart from newspaper articles claiming they were involved in nvestigating sitings in Morocco, so you win that one - well done.

If we are to believe 'sources' and 'friends' then it appears the McCanns were making certain statements in public about the Portuguese authorities and completely different statements about them in private.

I thought it was Metodo 3 and Brian Kennedy who were looking at Morocco.

Our first investigators, the Spanish company Método 3, began working for us in October.
Kate's book.

I'm not interested in 'winning' anything, just in making sure assumptions aren't posted as facts. It's careless and misleading and that's why cites should be provided. I have a cite upholding my opinion of CRG's role, but it only amounts to rumour as it's not based on a direct quote;

As part of their defense, a separate team of private investigators, Control Risks, has been taking independent witness statements from the McCanns and the seven friends with whom they dined on the night of Madeleine’s disappearance.

They hope the tactic will enable them to rebut persistent claims by the Portuguese police about “suspicious inconsistencies” in the statements their officers had taken.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/5sep7/FOXNEWS_30_09-2007.htm

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:16:48 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 11:30:25 PM »
If we are to believe 'sources' and 'friends' then it appears the McCanns were making certain statements in public about the Portuguese authorities and completely different statements about them in private. Is that dishonest?

I thought it was Metodo 3 and Brian Kennedy who were looking at Morocco.

Our first investigators, the Spanish company Método 3, began working for us in October.
Kate's book.

I'm not interested in 'winning' anything, just in making sure assumptions aren't posted as facts. It's careless and misleading and that's why cites should be provided. I have a cite upholding my opinion of CRG's role, but it only amounts to rumour as it's not based on a direct quote;

As part of their defense, a separate team of private investigators, Control Risks, has been taking independent witness statements from the McCanns and the seven friends with whom they dined on the night of Madeleine’s disappearance.

They hope the tactic will enable them to rebut persistent claims by the Portuguese police about “suspicious inconsistencies” in the statements their officers had taken.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/5sep7/FOXNEWS_30_09-2007.htm
Annoyingly I can't copy and paste the relevant section but here is a link to one such newspaper article which name checks CRG in relation to searches in Portugal, Spain and Morocco. Of course its from the MSM so bound to be a planted story, for reasons which are unknown to us at this time.  &%+((£ http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/interpol-probe-into-madeleine-morocco-photo-956993#zTpByRTUUHiFltfx.97

Re: the supposed dishonesty of the McCanns - in public they had to both put on a brave face, and remain completely stumm about the investigation, it would have been illegal to discuss it publicly. However, just as the PJ did, so too did the McCanns make their feelings / suspicions known via other conduits.  If this was being dishonest, then so too were the PJ. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:20:59 AM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »
"As the inquiry into the Madeleine case continues, her parents, Kate and Gerry, have been warned they could face criminal charges in Portugal for hiring a team of ex-special forces soldiers to help search for her.

The McCanns turned to security firm Control Risks Group after Portuguese police failed to follow up leads and potential sightings of Madeleine.

Sources close to the family said the firm's team were leading a search for Madeleine in three countries - Portugal, Spain and Morocco".

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/interpol-probe-into-madeleine-morocco-photo-956993#FHqJ5DlsSmU3Va04.97

Check out dates, check out what is said, check out what is implied. Check out what is written in KM's book.
Something don't hang together somewhere as one might say.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:53:30 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 12:57:35 AM »
"As the inquiry into the Madeleine case continues, her parents, Kate and Gerry, have been warned they could face criminal charges in Portugal for hiring a team of ex-special forces soldiers to help search for her.

The McCanns turned to security firm Control Risks Group after Portuguese police failed to follow up leads and potential sightings of Madeleine.

Sources close to the family said the firm's team were leading a search for Madeleine in three countries - Portugal, Spain and Morocco".

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/interpol-probe-into-madeleine-morocco-photo-956993#FHqJ5DlsSmU3Va04.97

Check out dates, check out what is said, check out what is implied. Check out what is written in KM's book.
Something don't hang together somewhere as one might say.

That report is a little "old hat" now, Alice, doncha think?

It was written in 2007 and updated in 2012.

If anything was going to happen to the Mccanns, as it intimates possible, then I would have thought it would have happened about 9 years ago.