Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480008 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2016, 12:37:46 AM »
I note that he has been awarded the Sam Adams Award for Integrity in Intelligence Misty

And it backs up Amaral's book.

Someone puts forward the hypothesis according to which Madeleine would have died in her apartment, and that a member of the group would have removed her. It's a possibility, but nothing so far, no evidence, happens to support that theory.

The McCanns are put up with David Payne. We want to search the accommodation of the family friends to try to pick up Madeleine's clothes, especially those she was wearing on May 3rd at 5.35pm when she returned from the day centre with her mother and the twins. Evidently, this initiative is not widely supported. The British ambassador meets with the team directing the investigation. The political and the diplomatic seem to want to prevent us from freely doing our work.

- I'm sure this check is necessary.

- The clothes? Are you mad? if I understand you properly, you want to go into the apartment to take clothes to have them analysed?

- Yes. What's the problem? It's a perfectly normal procedure in cases like this.

- Of course, but with this media hype...I don't think I have ever in my life seen so many journalists....And I didn't come down in the last shower.

THE PJ'S DIFFICULTIES IN COMMUNICATING WITH THE MEDIA; THE PRO McCANN PRESS OFFICE.

From the start of the investigation, we ask for the presence of a press attaché to accompany us and take on communicating with the media. The Justice Minister fulfills this request. Very quickly, however, this decision is contested. The reaction of the press itself is feared and public opinion, which might interpret that presence with direct intervention in the investigation by the minister....Finally, the person retained is an investigator, who is not working on the case, speaks English and has some experience in this field. With hindsight, it can be said that it wasn't a good decision. In fact, after the reading of our first press release and the parents' press conferences, the press let fly.

We were convinced that the people directly involved in the investigation should remain distanced from the media whirlwind. We needed help: the police judiciaire would have to engage staff to dissect published articles, focusing on the analysis of press statements from the parents and their friends.But that didn't happen. The media circus was in full swing: all the time, new articles, live TV, a growing number of journalists running around the streets of Vila da Luz.

It didn't seem normal to us either that a couple whose child has just disappeared engages press attachés to deal with their relations with the media. It is not a question here of minimising the role of the means of communication and ignoring that a subject like this stirs up a lot of curiosity, but that constant preoccupation with the management of their communication by the parents, appeared to us, to say the least, astonishing.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #346 on: April 21, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
I haven't researched that detail Misty.
Much of what he says is confirmed in the book by honest witness KM.

Her book is a valuable and honest source which includes:
Phone communication between MB and GM.
Phone communication between TB and GM.
Phone communication between GB and GM, for example the two international calls on 23 May 2007.
Phone communication between DM and GM.
The fulltime allocation of an FCO employee (for example FCO were present on the Fatima trip).
Presence of FCO at the meetings with PJ.
Location at UK Govt buildings of meetings with PJ.

I took a leaf out of Misty's book, Pegasus, and did a little searching of my own.
Denise Thomson (the commentator referred to earlier) who seemed to be well informed regarding Martin Grime is a prolific twitterati ... I suggest you check her tweets before making an assessment on her expertise.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2016, 12:52:56 AM »
I took a leaf out of Misty's book, Pegasus, and did a little searching of my own.
Denise Thomson (the commentator referred to earlier) who seemed to be well informed regarding Martin Grime is a prolific twitterati ... I suggest you check her tweets before making an assessment on her expertise.

Another source.

"When the PJ files were first published and issued to some Journalists in 2008, Grimes was interviewed, "off the record" by a small number of journo's including a good friend and colleague of mine who was , at the time, a sub-editor of a National Sunday newspaper.

Grimes made it very clear that he was unhappy with what he referred to as his "treatment" by authorities unknown, (although he did say they were British), who had coerced him, he says, to "play down" the significance of the dogs' findings. Grimes let it be known that Eddies and Keelas 'scentings' were irrefutable, in his mind, having worked with the dogs successfully on very many cases for the many of the Constabularies in the UK on high profile cases.

Grimes stated that he was "instructed" to ensure that in his subsequently produced report, he was to emphasise that the dog's findings were inadmissable as evidence, (which is of course, true, but he had NEVER been instructed on any other case to point this out), and that they were effectively inconsequential without further corroborative evidence."

http://jerseyabusescandal.blogspot.com/2011/08/jersey-martin-grime-was-told-to-play.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #348 on: April 21, 2016, 12:55:33 AM »
Fair enough, but I notice you are not disputing what Murray says.
The links with blair and brown, and the extraordinary actions of the FCO, they are in KM's book.

Offline misty

« Reply #349 on: April 21, 2016, 01:00:59 AM »
The links with blair and brown, and the extraordinary actions of the FCO, they are in KM's book.

What do you find extraordinary about the actions of the FCO ensuring the safety of the parents of a child who may have been the victim of kidnapping?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2016, 01:11:22 AM »
Another source.

"When the PJ files were first published and issued to some Journalists in 2008, Grimes was interviewed, "off the record" by a small number of journo's including a good friend and colleague of mine who was , at the time, a sub-editor of a National Sunday newspaper.

Grimes made it very clear that he was unhappy with what he referred to as his "treatment" by authorities unknown, (although he did say they were British), who had coerced him, he says, to "play down" the significance of the dogs' findings. Grimes let it be known that Eddies and Keelas 'scentings' were irrefutable, in his mind, having worked with the dogs successfully on very many cases for the many of the Constabularies in the UK on high profile cases.

Grimes stated that he was "instructed" to ensure that in his subsequently produced report, he was to emphasise that the dog's findings were inadmissable as evidence, (which is of course, true, but he had NEVER been instructed on any other case to point this out), and that they were effectively inconsequential without further corroborative evidence."

http://jerseyabusescandal.blogspot.com/2011/08/jersey-martin-grime-was-told-to-play.html
When and where did this "instruction" originate? The answer is provided by none other than Mr Amaral himself

' In his latest interview he claims that after two British police dogs were used to searched the McCann’s apartment at the Ocean Club, his team had to take the British person responsible for the operation to Faro Airport. Amaral, now retired and working as a crime writer, went on: "He’s at the airport waiting for a plane to return to England and he receives a phone call. Then he explains to our colleague that a member of MI5 was at the airport, waiting to talk with him about the result of the investigation.'
http://bit.ly/242dr2s

So the answer is, someone from the UK Govt met the person responsible for the UK dogs operation (IMO not MG) off the plane when it arrived at the UK airport on x Sept 2007

What is very interesting is that Mr Amaral is now in a position where if he does take the legal action he says he will, he can force this information, and many  more things, out into the open.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:15:27 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2016, 01:22:02 AM »
What do you find extraordinary about the actions of the FCO ensuring the safety of the parents of a child who may have been the victim of kidnapping?
Pressurising PJ to hold meetings at a UK consular building instead of at a PJ building.
Multiple phone communications between two Foreign Secretaries and GM.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:27 AM »
They said it's a case of national security. This is an absolute disgrace. Protecting who? The McCanns. Why are they being protected? Heads should roll SY the truth must prevail.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2016, 01:27:46 AM »

I do not find the alleged links at all extraordinary ... particularly so now that I have seen the Portuguese justice system in operation.

As for much of what Mr Murray says, I reserve judgement except to say one can indeed be judged by the company one keeps.

Having linked to a couple of blogs from his blog I make the same assessment of him as I do of Denise Murray having seen her twitter posts and those she tweets to and about.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2016, 01:38:14 AM »
(snip) As for much of what Mr Murray says, I reserve judgement except to say one can indeed be judged by the company one keeps. (snip)
But much of what Murray states is also stated by KM Brietta.
Have you read her book?
I can post the page numbers in her book which mention Brown and FCO actions, if you want?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2016, 01:41:29 AM »
British diplomat warned Foreign Office of concerns over McCanns
Last updated at 10:18 03 December 2007

The Foreign Office was alerted to fears over Gerry and Kate McCann by a British diplomat in Portugal just days after their daughter Madeleine went missing.
The diplomat was sent to the holiday resort of Praia da Luz in the days following the four-year-old's disappearance and soon became concerned over "inconsistencies" in the testimonies by her parents and their friends.
After visiting the McCanns, the unnamed diplomat sent a report to the Foreign Office in London, admitting his worries about "confused declarations" of the McCanns' movements on the night of May 3.

He also noted the couple's "lack of co-operation" with the Portuguese police.
The diplomat's concerns were made over four months before Gerry and Kate were named arguidos (suspects) on September 7.
Contents of the letter were leaked to Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure over the weekend.
The diplomat expressed his fears after receiving instruction from the Foreign Office to provide "all possible assistance to the McCann couple".
The French-language paper printed excerpts of the letter, quoting the diplomat as saying: "With the greatest respect, I would like to make you aware of the risks and implications to our relationship with the Portuguese authorities, if you consider the possible involvement of the couple.
"Please confirm to me, in the light of these concerns, that we want to continue to be closely involved in the case as was requested in your previous ­message."
Although the Government was quick to assist the McCanns in the days following Madeleine's disappearance, direct contact with the couple ceased when they were named as suspects.
La Dernière Heure pointed out that a majority of the diplomats originally involved in the case have now been taken off it.

The then-Prime Minister Tony Blair sent special envoy Sheree Dodd to act as a "media liaison officer" for the pair soon after Madeleine vanished.
Ms Dodd has since resigned from the Foreign Office, while the British consul in the Algarve, Bill Henderson, has retired.
John Buck, the British ambassador in Portugal, no longer works in the country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-499340/British-diplomat-warned-Foreign-Office-concerns-McCanns.html#ixzz46PuRkgXr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline misty

« Reply #356 on: April 21, 2016, 01:52:36 AM »

La Derniere Heure - wasn't that the same newspaper who got hold of the Gaspar's original statements?

You really don't see the Levy connection, do you Pathfinder?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:45 AM »
But much of what Murray states is also stated by KM Brietta.
Have you read her book?
I can post the page numbers in her book which mention Brown and FCO actions, if you want?

There is absolutely no dispute about FO involvement in Madeleine's case.  I just do not find it extraordinary, Pegasus, in fact I would have found it decidedly odd of there hadn't been.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:53 AM »
There is absolutely no dispute about FO involvement in Madeleine's case.  I just do not find it extraordinary, Pegasus, in fact I would have found it decidedly odd of there hadn't been.
It is the amount of involvement that is absolutely unique Brietta, the number of phonecalls between GM and top UK Govt people is staggering, and unprecedented in any other case.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:12:57 AM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2016, 02:18:57 AM »
It is the amount of involvement that is absolutely unique Brietta, the number of phonecalls between GM and top UK Govt people is staggering, and unprecedented in any other case.

Madeleine's case was unprecedented ... not even Ben's came close to what we now know had been happening in Portugal ... but bet your bottom dollar the Brit diplomats did.