Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465189 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #705 on: May 09, 2016, 07:27:59 AM »
Take it up with Heri.

I have taken it up with Heri........he has sent me a PM..I don't propose to reveal the contents of the pm but...what you are saying is untrue...Heri considers Maddie was abducted and her parents were not involved

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #706 on: May 09, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »
I find this statement strange. Heri states on his blog that Maddie was abducted by a stranger...he states it as a fact...yet you claim he has not ruled out the Mccanns ...that does not add up. 

The fact that you describe one of the leading sceptics on the forum as one of the most open minded is also strange. Please note that myself and other supporters are very open minded and would be happy to consider any new evidence that implicates the McCanns...there just isn't any...and Heri seems to agree with us

It depends on your definition of 'sceptic' I suppose. I didn't give myself that label, so I can't comment on what you think it means.

My position is that I don't know what happened to Madeleine McCann, and I haven't seen any theory which explains it to my satisfaction.

That, in my opinion, allows me to be more open minded than someone who has committed themselves to defending a particular theory.

They, in my opinion, are more likely to accept evidence which supports their theory than to accept evidence which casts doubt on it. That isn't being open minded.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #707 on: May 09, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »
It depends on your definition of 'sceptic' I suppose. I didn't give myself that label, so I can't comment on what you think it means.

My position is that I don't know what happened to Madeleine McCann, and I haven't seen any theory which explains it to my satisfaction.

That, in my opinion, allows me to be more open minded than someone who has committed themselves to defending a particular theory.

They, in my opinion, are more likely to accept evidence which supports their theory than to accept evidence which casts doubt on it. That isn't being open minded.

I think you misunderstand the position of the supporters...we do not support blindly but based on the evidence. we are not foot ball supporters who support blindly. All the evidence including the actions of SY point towards the McCanns having no involvement. I consider myself to be openminded ...show me evidence that points to guilt and I'm happy to consider it and change my mind. The fact is many sceptics still do not understand the evidence of the dogs and dna.

I believe ...based on lots of reasons...that Kate is telling the truth. You are not sure if Kate is telling the truth...you are therefore sceptical..a sceptic.

I am pleased to see that Heri...an intelligent man who has done a lot of research on the case...agrees with me

stephen25000

« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »
I think you misunderstand the position of the supporters...we do not support blindly but based on the evidence. we are not foot ball supporters who support blindly. All the evidence including the actions of SY point towards the McCanns having no involvement. I consider myself to be openminded ...show me evidence that points to guilt and I'm happy to consider it and change my mind. The fact is many sceptics still do not understand the evidence of the dogs and dna.

I believe ...based on lots of reasons...that Kate is telling the truth. You are not sure if Kate is telling the truth...you are therefore sceptical..a sceptic.

I am pleased to see that Heri...an intelligent man who has done a lot of research on the case...agrees with me

The position of the supporters is not misunderstood.

It is very clearly defined.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #709 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »
The position of the supporters is not misunderstood.

It is very clearly defined.

not by you it isn't...so who has defined it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #710 on: May 09, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

I can only speak as I find. We have had threads presenting the evidence on which supporters base their position and it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my opinion. Lots of opinion and very little evidence.

I'm not sure if anyone has told the truth and if I see evidence that a story has been changed that suggests to me that someone may be an unreliable witness. Tell me, did Kate McCann have a bath after the children were in bed or a shower while they played? If I'm sceptical of her evidence there's reasons, and that's one of them.

I'm sure Heri is intelligent but until he's willing to explain how he ruled the parents out I'm entitled to be sceptical about his conclusion. As a fan of 'scientific research' I'm surprised you seem prepared to accept his word for it, I must say.

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #711 on: May 09, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
I can only speak as I find. We have had threads presenting the evidence on which supporters base their position and it doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my opinion. Lots of opinion and very little evidence.

I'm not sure if anyone has told the truth and if I see evidence that a story has been changed that suggests to me that someone may be an unreliable witness. Tell me, did Kate McCann have a bath after the children were in bed or a shower while they played? If I'm sceptical of her evidence there's reasons, and that's one of them.

I'm sure Heri is intelligent but until he's willing to explain how he ruled the parents out I'm entitled to be sceptical about his conclusion. As a fan of 'scientific research' I'm surprised you seem prepared to accept his word for it, I must say.

Well said.  8((()*/ 8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #712 on: May 09, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »

The evidence you use are the twice translated non verbatim files which I think are a point of confusion IMO. ...so the evidence you are relying on to asses Kate is unreliable...You are entitled to be sceptical then please don't suggest that you are not a sceptic. I don't simply accept Heri's word for it ...you are mistaken again. I arrived at my conclusions independently based on the evidence and it just happen s that my ideas are similar to Heri's.

Again...I am open minded...something you cannot accept because in some ways you are closed minded

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #713 on: May 09, 2016, 02:59:26 PM »
The evidence you use are the twice translated non verbatim files which I think are a point of confusion IMO. ...so the evidence you are relying on to asses Kate is unreliable...You are entitled to be sceptical then please don't suggest that you are not a sceptic. I don't simply accept Heri's word for it ...you are mistaken again. I arrived at my conclusions independently based on the evidence and it just happen s that my ideas are similar to Heri's.

Again...I am open minded...something you cannot accept because in some ways you are closed minded

The same files you are happy to accept when you agree with them you mean?

I never said I'm not sceptical, I said it depends on the definition of 'sceptic' as used by you whether I'm one of them or not.

I would love to see the evidence which you think makes it physically impossible for the McCanns to be involved in the disappearance, but I don't expect to.

Your last sentence is meaningless because it's just an opinion. I'll let others decide if it's correct or not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »
The same files you are happy to accept when you agree with them you mean?

I never said I'm not sceptical, I said it depends on the definition of 'sceptic' as used by you whether I'm one of them or not.

I would love to see the evidence which you think makes it physically impossible for the McCanns to be involved in the disappearance, but I don't expect to.

Your last sentence is meaningless because it's just an opinion. I'll let others decide if it's correct or not.

Could you point out anywhere I have used the twice translated files to support anything I have said
You are totally wrong again...

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #715 on: May 09, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »
None of the bath times makes sense when you find the contradicting statements e.g. the Payne's. You go for a run but don't get a shower and get out of your sweaty clothes until an hour later. The other witness can't remember you in a towel. Gimme a break.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #716 on: May 09, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
None of the bath times makes sense when you find the contradicting statements e.g. the Payne's. You go for a run but don't get a shower and get out of your sweaty clothes until an hour later. The other witness can't remember you in a towel. Gimme a break.
Where does your theory start Pathfinder?
For example, do you agree that the child did arrive back at the apartment after tapas tea?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #717 on: May 09, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
Did Operation Grange ever test the bedroom window and shutter?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #718 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »
Where does your theory start Pathfinder?
For example, do you agree that the child did arrive back at the apartment after tapas tea?

Yes all back to the apartment at 5:40 and Gerry leaves for tennis at 6..............A reconstruction should start from 5:30 on 3 May - parents and children at tapas eating area being signed out.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:06:31 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #719 on: May 10, 2016, 12:46:57 PM »
Yes all back to the apartment at 5:40 and Gerry leaves for tennis at 6..............A reconstruction should start from 5:30 on 3 May - parents and children at tapas eating area being signed out.
So we agree that the child was in the apartment at about 5.40pm.
Jumping ahead, do you agree that the child was in the child bedroom at about 7.15pm?