Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464929 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #960 on: May 28, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »
Was there a hob / grill with a naked flame?  Was there a hair dryer left on?  Were there matches in the apartment?  A Lighter?  Do toasters spontaneously combust when not being used?  Was there a tumble dryer?  Did the McCanns smoke? 
Phone charger is a possibility and electrical wiring fault I'll grant you.  So, how many holiday makers staying in similar apartments have had their holidays curtailed by fires in their apartments caused by electrical wiring or phone chargers in the last 10 years? If it's a relatively high likelihood then there must be plenty of examples.

Was a smoke alarm fitted in the apartment?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #961 on: May 28, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
Any fireman would tell you that it is unsafe to leave toddlers home alone even in a concrete apartment.

Exactly Pegasus.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #962 on: May 28, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »
Any fireman would tell you that it is unsafe to leave toddlers home alone even in a concrete apartment.

much of what we do every day is unsafe....i dont think fire rates highly as a possible danger..in this particular instance

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #963 on: May 28, 2016, 07:27:58 PM »

https://www.bre.co.uk/page.jsp?id=2788

Your mission Jim should you choose to accept it is :
For fire risks take the advice of Fire Research or Davel and Alfie Pyrotechnics.
This tape will self combust in 60 seconds.................... @)(++(*

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #964 on: May 28, 2016, 07:31:48 PM »
(snip) ... If it's a relatively high likelihood then there must be plenty of examples.
Here's a photo of a fire at a concrete apartment building in Portugal
A news report said people were "scooping up children in pyjamas and running into the street in fear for their lives".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:34:57 PM by pegasus »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #965 on: May 28, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
I don't know about 5A, but after passing through dozens of homes in Portugal, I have yet to see one fitted with a smoke alarm. 

Hmmm.  Must check the DIY shop to see if they stock them.
What's up, old man?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #966 on: May 28, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
much of what we do every day is unsafe....i dont think fire rates highly as a possible danger..in this particular instance
A fire would be visible from the restaurant after a few minutes when all contents were really blazing.

Offline jassi

« Reply #967 on: May 28, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »
By which time it would be a bit late for parental intervention.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #968 on: May 28, 2016, 07:55:31 PM »
I don't know about 5A, but after passing through dozens of homes in Portugal, I have yet to see one fitted with a smoke alarm. 

Hmmm.  Must check the DIY shop to see if they stock them.

It is properties let out for rental through organisations like MW  that I am interested in.
But specifically was 5A let out by Mark Warner or who ever without a smoke alarm fitted ?
That's a yes or no or I don't know not a "well if a sewing machine had bigger wheels it might be a car".

Alfie

« Reply #969 on: May 28, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »
I would think Mark Warners would have had to comply to fire safety regulations wouldn't you?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #970 on: May 28, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »
A news report said people were "scooping up children in pyjamas and running into the street in fear for their lives".

a building where no doubt many smoke...light candles ...overload plug sockets. Those are the three top causes of fires

Alfie

« Reply #971 on: May 28, 2016, 08:06:59 PM »
What caused it? 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #972 on: May 28, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »

be interesting to know the cause of the fire...the concrete won't be on fire

Alfie

« Reply #973 on: May 28, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »
a building where no doubt many smoke...light candles ...overload plug sockets. Those are the three top causes of fires
These are the 8 top causes of fire - number one is cooking, also
candles
smoking
electrical and lighting
Tumble dryer and waching machine
Lightning
children playing with lighters and matches
Christmas trees.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #974 on: May 28, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »

these sorts of fores often start in rubbish chutes