Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > The murder of landscape architect Joanna Yeates in Bristol in December 2010.

The Defence Will State Their Case

<< < (2/1020) > >>

[...]:
Another question.....

If they had Greg Reardon on the stand as a witness, why didn't they have Mr and Mrs Yeates on the stand,... they witnessed the same as Greg... They arrived at the flat being void of their daughter...

I say this because her father found her earring I think underneath the clothes on the floor.. (wish I could find the article... or maybe I've heard him say it on video...)

So, why was just Greg a witness?????????

Leonora:

--- Quote from: Nine on April 05, 2017, 11:46:19 AM ---Another question.....

If they had Greg Reardon on the stand as a witness, why didn't they have Mr and Mrs Yeates on the stand,... they witnessed the same as Greg... They arrived at the flat being void of their daughter...

I say this because her father found her earring I think underneath the clothes on the floor.. (wish I could find the article... or maybe I've heard him say it on video...)

So, why was just Greg a witness?????????

--- End quote ---
Most sources report that Greg told the court that it was he who found the earrings.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boyfriends-panic-over-missing-joanna-yeates-2371910.html

"Mr Reardon said that he found a pair of his girlfriend's earrings in the bedroom. One was in the bed and the other earring was on the floor under some clothes. Mr Reardon said that he only found one of the fasteners and that usually when she removed her earrings she left them on the bedside table."

It would have been more than "helpful" if Joanna's parents too had gone into the witness box, especially to tell the court what they saw in the flat that convinced them within 30 minutes of their arrival that Joanna had been abducted. At the time of the first TV appeal, they appeared to have an open mind, so both Greg and the police may have persuaded them that she might have left of her own volition. Rebecca Scott was called by the prosecution to testify that Jo and Greg were "the real deal".

[...]:

--- Quote from: Leonora on April 05, 2017, 01:22:28 PM ---Most sources report that Greg told the court that it was he who found the earrings.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boyfriends-panic-over-missing-joanna-yeates-2371910.html

"Mr Reardon said that he found a pair of his girlfriend's earrings in the bedroom. One was in the bed and the other earring was on the floor under some clothes. Mr Reardon said that he only found one of the fasteners and that usually when she removed her earrings she left them on the bedside table."

It would have been more than "helpful" if Joanna's parents too had gone into the witness box, especially to tell the court what they saw in the flat that convinced them within 30 minutes of their arrival that Joanna had been abducted. At the time of the first TV appeal, they appeared to have an open mind, so both Greg and the police may have persuaded them that she might have left of her own volition. Rebecca Scott was called by the prosecution to testify that Jo and Greg were "the real deal".

--- End quote ---

Have you got any of Rebecca Scotts testimony... I'd be really interested to find out about that phone call she had with Joanna Yeates that originally lasted for 15 minutes, yet it couldn't have done as she was seen in Tesco at 8:36pm  and Rebecca Scott says she rang at 8:30pm and of course Joanna Yeates is not talking to anyone as she buys her Pizza!!

Leonora:

--- Quote from: Nine on April 05, 2017, 01:27:01 PM ---Have you got any of Rebecca Scotts testimony... I'd be really interested to find out about that phone call she had with Joanna Yeates that originally lasted for 15 minutes, yet it couldn't have done as she was seen in Tesco at 8:36pm  and Rebecca Scott says she rang at 8:30pm and of course Joanna Yeates is not talking to anyone as she buys her Pizza!!

--- End quote ---
It was at 8.30 p.m. on 17th December 2010, Rebecca Scott said, when Joanna called her and said how she would like to see her in Swansea, where her best friend was studying for a Ph.D. Rebecca Scott said that the winter snow had left buses and trains cancelled, and she was staying in that night. She told the court: “We had a laugh and a joke about the previous time we had seen each other. She wasn’t drunk at all. She was just Jo. She was perfectly normal.”

Some reports of Rebecca’s testimony give the timing of the call as 8.13 p.m., but this may be due to her tendency to slur her words and the close resemblance between the sound of “thirty” and “thirteen”.

[...]:

--- Quote from: Leonora on April 05, 2017, 01:39:15 PM ---It was at 8.30 p.m. on 17th December 2010, Rebecca Scott said, when Joanna called her and said how she would like to see her in Swansea, where her best friend was studying for a Ph.D. Rebecca Scott said that the winter snow had left buses and trains cancelled, and she was staying in that night. She told the court: “We had a laugh and a joke about the previous time we had seen each other. She wasn’t drunk at all. She was just Jo. She was perfectly normal.”

Some reports of Rebecca’s testimony give the timing of the call as 8.13 p.m., but this may be due to her tendency to slur her words and the close resemblance between the sound of “thirty” and “thirteen”.

--- End quote ---

Surely she would have signed a witness statement which states the exact time of this phone call!!!

Still would make a 15 minutes phone call impossible as she was seen going from shop to shop Not speaking on the telephone... she did look at a text whilst in Bargain Booze, and went back to get another bottle of cider as her mother said on a video!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version