Author Topic: Portuguese police took our girl into care because of the "Maddie effect.  (Read 12975 times)

Offline Luz

Dreadful behaviour by the police. And people wonder why the UK government was so quick to come to the aid of the McCanns - because the british diplomats out there know exactly what the local police force is like, that's why. I dread to think what would have happens to Kate and Gerry if they hadn't got that help.

"Dreadful behaviour by the police"

You can bet. Any other police in the world would have put those parents in prison and taken that little child into Social Services Protection.

Unfortunately there's an agreement with UK in the sense that those kind of parents be sent back home and followed by British Social Services.

I'm appalled that anyone in here condones such parental behaviour & apparently would prefer that the police didn't respond to the alarm/solicitations of guests and Hotel management.

Shame on you!

icabodcrane

In an hotel in Cornwall they would not have been reported to the police for giving their child Calpol. 

After the disgraceful scapegoating of this couple many more Irish may think Cornwall a more inviting holiday destination than Portugal.

This drunken  pair were not "reported to the police for giving their child calpol."

They were reported to the police by horrified holiday-makers who feared for the safety of the child

Do you think the police should have ignored those reports and just left the child at risk ?

Do you defend the right of all parents to behave recklessly and irresponsibly where their children's safety is concerned  ? ....  or is just the rights of British parents on holiday in Portugal who's right to treat their children's well-being in a cavalier and dangerous way that you uphold  ?

Offline VIXTE

IMO, this is a cock and bull story made up by the parents to look like victims.

So if we forget everything else why you are not condemning the police stealing the money from the father?

Offline slartibartfast

So if we forget everything else why you are not condemning the police stealing the money from the father?

Why do you believe them?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline colombosstogey

In an hotel in Cornwall they would not have been reported to the police for giving their child Calpol. 

After the disgraceful scapegoating of this couple many more Irish may think Cornwall a more inviting holiday destination than Portugal.

Sorry but you are so blinkered to the word DRUNK and the words MCCANN your not even worthy of discussing this with.

They were D.R.U.N.K do you understand that? Drunk in charge of a child and oh yeh a bottle of Calpol.

Sorry but your now on my ignore list i cant be bothered to discuss these things with stupid people, life is far to short.

Anyway they will get their just deserts, perhaps if people who were actually at the hotel, and saw them drunk they make take umbrage to this article and tell the truth.

I hope one or two of them sees it.

Offline VIXTE

I doubt they would find many cheap package holidays offered in Cornwall.

It doesn't need to be Cornwall.
There are great beaches in the UK
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2582850/TripAdvisor-names-Rhossili-Bay-Wales-best-beach-UK-ninth-amazing-world.html

Offline jassi

It doesn't need to be Cornwall.
There are great beaches in the UK
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2582850/TripAdvisor-names-Rhossili-Bay-Wales-best-beach-UK-ninth-amazing-world.html

I don't doubt that, though it was Cornwall that was mentioned.

Holidaying in the UK does tend to be expensive compared with the average  and popular overseas package.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline colombosstogey

Well it appears there is more to the story then they let on, apparently from what has now been said in portugal newspapers the women involved had to get help with her partner who was being bolshi and drunk and out of hand.

There is always more to these stories.

Offline colombosstogey

Not the dreaded Portuguese? Well they are notoriously unreliable. Along with the English and Spanish they invented visiting far away places and blasting the native wildlife ... 8(0(*

LOL.

Well my sister is on holiday abroad, and sent me a photo of a magazine stating Kate Middleton pregnant with twins lol do you think these newspapers/magazines all just make it up lol. .

Offline Brietta

There is nothing new under the sun.  Just how big a problem is it in Portugal that mothers sell their children?  Seems to be the first thing that springs to mind in PJ investigations into missing children.

Not even in a process of elimination but as a definite line of inquiry, the PJ suspected the Drs McCann of selling Madeleine.  Explains the anxiety to have access to their bank accounts.

- SNIP - Claims emerged last night that Portuguese police had initially considered whether the couple could have sold their daughter to paedophiles.
Detectives reportedly believed the couple might have sold Madeleine to a criminal network to ease money worries,
According to sources, they spent "several days" investigating but the wild theory fell apart when they realised the couple were wealthy.
A police source told the Portuguese newspaper 24 Horas: "The police team in charge of the case investigated the possibility that the child had been sold by her own parents because of financial difficulties."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/madeleine-was-killed-as-she-screamed-at-pervert-prowler-police-to-conclude-6634620.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Martina

There is nothing new under the sun.  Just how big a problem is it in Portugal that mothers sell their children?  Seems to be the first thing that springs to mind in PJ investigations into missing children.

Smearing whole nation must be just another symptom of the blossoming empathy and deep humanity of the supporters.

Alfred R Jones

Smearing whole nation must be just another symptom of the blossoming empathy and deep humanity of the supporters.
Smearing the whole nation?  No, just pointing out the propensity for the PJ to jump to the same conclusion every time a child goes missing.

Martina

Smearing the whole nation?  No, just pointing out the propensity for the PJ to jump to the same conclusion every time a child goes missing.

Every time. With just one case as an example, right.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:52:44 AM by John »

Offline slartibartfast

It called a process of elimination.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Online Eleanor

Portugal doesn't have a very good record on child care, does it.  Despite their constant insistence that they do.