Author Topic: The Yorkshire Ripper murders  (Read 21787 times)

Offline Andrea

The Yorkshire Ripper murders
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:18:33 PM »
Peter Sutcliffe, was convicted in 1981 of the murders of 13 women, he was also convicted of the attempted murder of 7 others.

Below are a list of the attacks on women he admitted to.

Anna Rogulskyj  attacked in Keighley west yorkshire (survived)
Olive Smelt  attacked in Halifax West Yorkshire (survived)
Tracey brown  attacked in Silsden  (survived)
Wilma Mcann  attacked in Leeds west Yorkshire  (died)
Emily Jackson  attacked in leeds west Yorkshire  (died)
Marcella Claxton  attacked in Leeds west Yorkshire (survived)

Irene Richardson  attacked in leeds west Yorkshire (died)
Patricia atkinson attacked in Bradford west yorkshire  (died)
Jayne Macdonald attacked in Leeds West Yorskhire  (died)
Maureen Long attacked in Bradford west Yorkshire  (survived)
Jean Jordan  attacked in Manchester (died)
Marilyn moore attcked in Leeds (survived)
Yvonne Pearson attcked in Bradford  (died)
Helen Rytka attcked in Huddersfield  (died)

Vera Millward attacked in Manchester (died)
Josephine Whittaker attacked in Halifax  (died)
Barbara Leach attacked in Bradford  (died)
Margurite Walls attacked in Leeds  (died)
Upadhya bandara attacked in leeds (survived)
Theresa sykes attacked in Huddersfield (survived)
Jacquline Hill attacked in Leeds  (died)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:31:16 PM by Andrea »

Offline Andrea

Re: The Yorkshire Ripper murders
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »
There is an extra person on the above list, that he admitted to after his conviction.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
He also attcked a woman in 1969 and a irish student in the Horsforth area of leeds.

Offline starryian

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
He also attcked a woman in 1969 and a irish student in the Horsforth area of leeds.
Thanks for the thread Andrea. Makes interesting reading. 8((()*/
Starryian..

Offline puglove

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Peter Sutcliffe, was convicted in 1981 of the murders of 13 women, he was also convicted of the attempted murder of 7 others.

Below are a list of the attacks on women he admitted to.

Anna Rogulskyj  attacked in Keighley west yorkshire
Olive Smelt  attacked in Halifax West Yorkshire
Tracey brown  attacked in Silsden
Wilma Mcann  attacked in Leeds west Yorkshire
Emily Jackson  attacked in leeds west Yorkshire
Marcella Claxton  attacked in Leeds west Yorkshire
Irene Richardson  attacked in leeds west Yorkshire
Patricia atkinson attacked in Bradford west yorkshire
Jayne Macdonald attacked in Leeds West Yorskhire
Maureen Long attacked in Bradford west Yorkshire
Jean Jordan  attacked in Manchester
Marilyn moore attcked in Leeds
Yvonne Pearson attcked in Bradford
Helen Rytka attcked in Huddersfield

Vera Millward attacked in Manchester
Josephine Whittaker attacked in Halifax
Barbara Leach attacked in Bradford
Margurite Walls attacked in Leeds
Upadhya bandara attacked in leeds
Theresa sykes attacked in Huddersfield
Jacquline Hill attacked in Leeds

God Almighty. I don't believe in the death penalty, but.....
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
Horrific isnt it?

There are lots more Shona, some police think that he attacked as far north as Glasgow. He was a lorry driver so got around the country alot as part of his job.

His collegues from where Sutcliffe worked, used to actually joke and say he was the ripper, only jokingly, Sutcliffe used to laugh along with them, how little did they know.

simong

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »
What do you think of what O'Gara says? He seems completely obsessed with Billy Tracey but he does highlight a lot of inconsistencies in the murders.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
I think what he says is interesting, and according to the police there was a copycat killer. when sutcliffe was arrested his brother went to HMP Leeds to visit him. He asked Sutcliffe if he had killed all those people and ones that others were talking about him. he replied "yes, but i didnt do them all".

It makes you think, that tracey bloke sounds a bit of a nutter, wonder if he's still alive?

Offline starryian

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
That list makes sober reading Andrea. It beggars belief how he got away with it for so long.
The police really messed up on that investigation. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they questioned him numerous times?. I read that the police actually stopped him once while driving his car through a red light area and quickly questioned him; Sutcliffe later commented that the 'copper that spoke to me had in his hand a copy of the soles of the very boots I was wearing'
 8-)(--)
Starryian..

Offline puglove

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
Oh dear. The blue forum has gone all mental again. Any minute now, Gladys will pull on his balaclava and "Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be.....GAV!!"

I've always said that JB reads this stuff with a face like Munch's Scream.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
That list makes sober reading Andrea. It beggars belief how he got away with it for so long.
The police really messed up on that investigation. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they questioned him numerous times?. I read that the actually police stopped him once while driving his car through a red light area and quickly questioned him; Sutcliffe later commented that the 'copper that spoke to me had in his hand a copy of the soles of the very boots I was wearing'
 8-)(--)

Sutcliffe was interviewed eight times, ian. A copper called Laptew felt uneasy about Sutcliffe and left a note to holland about it, expressing his concern. Holland filed it and his worries were never looked into. When Sutcliffe was arrested laptew was fed up, not because of person glory he could have had, but for the women that could have been saved if his worries had been acted on.

Offline starryian

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:08 AM »
The police really messed up on that investigation. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't they questioned him numerous times?. I read that the actually police stopped him once while driving his car through a red light area and quickly questioned him; Sutcliffe later commented that the 'copper that spoke to me had in his hand a copy of the soles of the very boots I was wearing'
 8-)(--)
8 times! and they still didn't realise. At least Laptew seemed to have some sense!

Sutcliffe was interviewed eight times, ian. A copper called Laptew felt uneasy about Sutcliffe and left a note to holland about it, expressing his concern. Holland filed it and his worries were never looked into. When Sutcliffe was arrested laptew was fed up, not because of person glory he could have had, but for the women that could have been saved if his worries had been acted on.
Starryian..

Offline Andrea

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
It may have been less ian, i could be mistaken.

The boots you mentioned, he was wearing them when a copper interviewed him at home yes.

Offline starryian

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 01:31:45 AM »
It may have been less ian, i could be mistaken.

The boots you mentioned, he was wearing them when a copper interviewed him at home yes.
Ah that was it! He was interviewed at home and he was wearing the boots. I knew it was somewhere.
Thank you Andrea
Starryian..

Offline Andrea

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
He was only caught by chance really. Routine checks on his registration plates. He planned to muder the woman who was in the car with him at the time. Olivia Reivers, think that was her name.