Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews  (Read 40331 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Luke Mitchell - Interview with Sky's James Matthews
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2021, 05:24:42 PM »
James Matthews (Journalist)
I'd phoned the Mitchell house and his mother told me that Luke was paying his own, private tribute.

Mother and son agreed that we could film it.

Corrine Mitchell via James English
They were like a pack of rabid dogs

Grace McLean (Journalist)
In the first moments of meeting Mitchell I was struck by how confident he was.

How did the interview with Grace McLean come about ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:34:37 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
Was she the reason Jodi died?

It was claimed that Jodi found out about the two-timing and confronted Mitchell who reacted with violence towards her.

Gemma Chapman as opposed to Kimberly Thompson?

Luke Mitchell
What happened to Jodi was so ironic because the Thursday before she died we were all talking about what records we would want played at our funeral.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:09:19 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »
Luke Mitchell
What happened to Jodi was so ironic because the Thursday before she died we were all talking about what records we would want played at our funeral

What does Mitchell tell police about the above and does it tally with what Laura told police?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:10:04 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 06:18:21 PM »
It must have been dreadful for Jodi's gran Alice Walker to have seen her that night.  The version above refers to her cradling Jodi but there is another which simply refers to her touching her forehead. It appeared the media couldn't even get that right.

Did the media get it right or did Luke Mitchell tell it wrong?

Luke Mitchell from his interview with Grace McLean from the DailyMail
She sat down beside Jodi and cradled her in her arms

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2021, 06:23:05 PM »
Luke Mitchell
I shouted to the others but I couldn't tell them I'd found Jodi because I didn't want to upset her gran, but she said she wanted to come over the wall

The others held her back but she scrambled over the wall and said if her granddaugher was there she wanted to be with her

Did Grace McLean speak with the police regarding what Mitchel told her?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2021, 06:24:15 PM »
It must have been dreadful for Jodi's gran Alice Walker to have seen her that night.

Totally

Interesting don’t you think though how Luke Mitchell apparently was still looking on at this point

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »
Was she the reason Jodi died?

It was claimed that Jodi found out about the two-timing and confronted Mitchell who reacted with violence towards her.

Does JuJ or any of the family say Jodi was upset that night? According to her diary Jodi thought that she was in love with Luke so don’t you think that if she had found out that Luke had two-timed her she would have been devastated and would have shown it?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2021, 07:42:28 PM »
my view is he is guilty.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 03:39:37 PM »
As far as I recall, Luke was asked to keep away from Jodi's funeral, which he did.  He wasn't asked to keep away from the cemetery, and, IMO, nobody has the right to prevent another from visiting the grave of a person who was close to them.

I read that the girl with Luke and Corinne at the graveside was a friend of Jodi. I don't know whether or not that is true.

Many boys of Luke's age  are guilty of cheating on their girlfriends (and girls on their boyfriends).  I don't find this very significant, just a sign of immaturity!

The interview with James Matthews, on the day of Jodi's funeral was, IMO, rather naive and insensitive, but I don't think it indicates that Luke killed Jodi, or that he necessarily did not respect her family.

Offline John

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »
As far as I recall, Luke was asked to keep away from Jodi's funeral, which he did.  He wasn't asked to keep away from the cemetery, and, IMO, nobody has the right to prevent another from visiting the grave of a person who was close to them.

I read that the girl with Luke and Corinne at the graveside was a friend of Jodi. I don't know whether or not that is true.

Many boys of Luke's age  are guilty of cheating on their girlfriends (and girls on their boyfriends).  I don't find this very significant, just a sign of immaturity!

The interview with James Matthews, on the day of Jodi's funeral was, IMO, rather naive and insensitive, but I don't think it indicates that Luke killed Jodi, or that he necessarily did not respect her family.

But that immaturity label doesn't tie in with the police and media interviews where he was considered mature for his age. We can't have it both ways.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »
But that immaturity label doesn't tie in with the police and media interviews where he was considered mature for his age. We can't have it both ways.

He might be intelligent and a good speaker, also independent  in some ways, but taking a mature attitude towards girlfriends (eg one at a time, and considering their feelings) seems to be beyond most boys at that age , in my experience as a teacher in high schools !!

Displaying a "cocky" attitude while being questioned by the police points to immaturity too, IMO, although I do believe he was treated very unfairly.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:05:44 PM by mrswah »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »

Do you believe that the prosecution proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:36 PM »

Mitchell expressed disappointment in his Sky News interview that Jodi's family had not wished his presence at her funeral and he respected their wishes.
Why then did he and his mother 'own' Jodi's grave by posing at it for publicity shots as recorded by tabloid photographers.
I hardly think that public display showed respect to Jodi's mother when a private visit to the cemetery would have sufficed and might have been more appropriate had avoiding causing offence been a real consideration.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2021, 05:33:43 PM »
Mitchell expressed disappointment in his Sky News interview that Jodi's family had not wished his presence at her funeral and he respected their wishes.
Why then did he and his mother 'own' Jodi's grave by posing at it for publicity shots as recorded by tabloid photographers.
I hardly think that public display showed respect to Jodi's mother when a private visit to the cemetery would have sufficed and might have been more appropriate had avoiding causing offence been a real consideration.

I have to say, I hadn't realised they had posed for pictures.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 06:39:12 PM »
I have to say, I hadn't realised they had posed for pictures.

From the time I recall a series of posed images of which the image at the graveside was only one.  I found it exceedingly distasteful even then when there was no hint of what was to happen later.

At the time, I watched the Sky interview open mouthed I found it all so extraordinary.  When considering both instances of self publicising together it is my opinion that even if investigators had formerly had no interest in Luke Mitchell, the hairs on the back of their necks would have risen when both instances were viewed.

I think it was courting notoriety and I cannot imagine the effect they must have had on Jodi's nearest and dearest who obviously wished to have nothing to do with Mitchell, as was their right but he was showing them to the differ aided and abetted in it all by Corrine.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....