Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1465025 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #14805 on: March 18, 2023, 08:51:43 PM »
Yeah, I thought that too.  Certainly not something I've ever contemplated even in extremis.

I was saddened by Ben's account and two issues sprang to mind.
The first was ~ the troll being trolled.  I remember when the blame game was being played on a Leyland thread on the forum that there was a post noting that erstwhile "friends" had viciously turned on her.  That is the first time I have read what was said.
The second was ~ that I hope Ben hasn't set himself up to be targeted.  If he is, I hope he has the strength to treat any such nonsense with the contempt it deserves and ignore it entirely.
It’s a brave account and he will probably be lambasted by the Brenda Leyland Appreciation Society.  I suspect many of them supported her because they could relate to her and her issues, and for that I guess we should have some sympathy, these are obviously troubled, damaged people.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14806 on: March 18, 2023, 10:55:44 PM »
It’s a brave account and he will probably be lambasted by the Brenda Leyland Appreciation Society.  I suspect many of them supported her because they could relate to her and her issues, and for that I guess we should have some sympathy, these are obviously troubled, damaged people.

Before reading Ben's story, I had pretty much arrived at the assessment of "troubled, damaged people".  I think Brenda felt at home in a 'community'.  And there's the pity of it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14807 on: March 18, 2023, 11:07:34 PM »
Before reading Ben's story, I had pretty much arrived at the assessment of "troubled, damaged people".  I think Brenda felt at home in a 'community'.  And there's the pity of it.
I just had a look on the #mccann twitter feed for the first time in ages  and apart from a small handful of frothers it’s tumbleweed city.  It looks like 90% of the #mccNn barmpots have finally given up spouting their conspiralunacy and bile which is good news.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14808 on: March 21, 2023, 09:11:21 AM »
Sir Mark Rowley is having to face some rough questions just now. An interesting comment he made was that he didn't notice the racism, sexism and mysogyny during his service in the Met between 2011 and 2018. I wonder why? Perhaps it was so deeply ingrained in police culture in general that he thought nothing of it, or it wasn't obvious to him because of his elevated rank or he's just not very observant. It was certainly noticed by those who suffered because of it, both serving police officers and members of the public.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14809 on: March 21, 2023, 09:28:02 AM »
Sir Mark Rowley is having to face some rough questions just now. An interesting comment he made was that he didn't notice the racism, sexism and mysogyny during his service in the Met between 2011 and 2018. I wonder why? Perhaps it was so deeply ingrained in police culture in general that he thought nothing of it, or it wasn't obvious to him because of his elevated rank or he's just not very observant. It was certainly noticed by those who suffered because of it, both serving police officers and members of the public.
Whilst I have no doubt that the Met is rife with sexism, racism and homophobia I do wonder just how atypical it is of police forces in this country and elsewhere.  The difficulty MR faces now is in addressing these issues without completely de-fanging the police altogether.  I wonder which police force in this country or anywhere else in the world he could model the Met on in order to tackle the problems it faces?  One this is for sure I certainly don't envy his role one bit and believe that without substantial govt investment in recruitment and training he is doomed to fail from the off.

Offline jassi

« Reply #14810 on: March 21, 2023, 09:29:50 AM »

Probably for all of those reasons.
If he had any sense, he would step down and return to retirement.

Someone who had never served in the Met would be better suited to dealing with the problems, IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #14811 on: March 21, 2023, 09:54:01 AM »

25 yrs on from McPherson still institutionally racist and the commissioner cant see it, obviously the wrong man for the job.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14812 on: March 21, 2023, 09:57:30 AM »
25 yrs on from McPherson still institutionally racist and the commissioner cant see it, obviously the wrong man for the job.
Put yourself up for the job, then you can solve all the Met's problems and the Maddie case in a day too.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14813 on: March 21, 2023, 10:01:48 AM »

Someone who had never served in the Met would be better suited to dealing with the problems, IMO
Yeah, put Richard Branson in charge.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14814 on: March 21, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »
Put yourself up for the job, then you can solve all the Met's problems and the Maddie case in a day too.

You've obviously nothing better to do, put yourself forward.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14815 on: March 21, 2023, 10:27:27 AM »

Poisoned chalice per chance.

Offline barrier

« Reply #14816 on: March 21, 2023, 10:31:36 AM »
In case its bypassed some.

Metropolitan Police is 'institutionally racist, sexist and homophobic' and may have more officers like Couzens and Carrick, review finds

https://news.sky.com/story/metropolitan-police-is-institutionally-racist-sexist-and-homophobic-and-may-have-more-officers-like-couzens-and-carrick-review-finds-12838717

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14817 on: March 21, 2023, 10:42:06 AM »
You've obviously nothing better to do, put yourself forward.
Unlike you I don't think I could do a better job than Mark Rowley

Offline jassi

« Reply #14818 on: March 21, 2023, 10:43:18 AM »
Poisoned chalice per chance.

Bound to be, whoever takes it forward. Needs to be some of integrity - a person like Baroness Lawrence, perhaps , who has first hand experience of the Met at its worse.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14819 on: March 21, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »
Bound to be, whoever takes it forward. Needs to be some of integrity - a person like Baroness Lawrence, perhaps , who has first hand experience of the Met at its worse.
Why on earth would Baroness Lawrence want such a thankless and impossible role?  Mark Rowley seems like a man with integrity, why not give him a chance to sort things out?