Author Topic: Anti facebook groups etc  (Read 14384 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Anti facebook groups etc
« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2022, 11:42:00 PM »
I'll be honest, Ross, I don't have Facebook. I wouldn't know where to start.
I do know that the internet is full of anonymous, self-proclaimed experts, who have appointed themselves pre-eminent in everything from the correct texture and consistency of a black pudding, right through to the nuances of ECHR verdicts, despite having no specific training in either.

Edit: And I'm a bit disappointed to find that you've taken my title of 'Youngest Member of the Forum' by some distance. You do know that our oldest active member is 81 years older than you?

Get your Dad to help you with your sums, Gen.

Methinks that you are in your early twenties, but now you want to appear older for some reason.   Why?

Please forgive me if I am wrong.

Offline The General

« Reply #586 on: September 27, 2022, 07:57:31 AM »
Get your Dad to help you with your sums, Gen.

Methinks that you are in your early twenties, but now you want to appear older for some reason.   Why?

Please forgive me if I am wrong.
You are forgiven. Let's put it this way, I've got pairs of undies older than Ross.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Rossb

« Reply #587 on: September 30, 2022, 12:58:07 PM »
You are forgiven. Let's put it this way, I've got pairs of undies older than Ross.

You sure there General?
Just seen a few more videos on youtube regarding mccann loss to ECHR, people are having an emphatic celebration!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2022, 01:49:11 AM »
You sure there General?
Just seen a few more videos on youtube regarding mccann loss to ECHR, people are having an emphatic celebration!

Since first encountering some of the absolutely vile McCann content available on the internet it has been obvious to me and of greatest concern, that the most vulnerable to it was always going to be the McCann children.

After a two week inquest a coroner finds that in the death of fourteen year old Molly Russell, harmful online content was likely to have contributed to Molly’s death ‘in a more than minimal way’. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/30/molly-russell-died-while-suffering-negative-effects-of-online-content-rules-coroner

It was always abusive to indulge in the McCann hate fest on the internet.  It was always obvious that at some future time Madeleine's siblings would be exposed to it in one way or another.
Indeed I have seen it claimed in mitigation by sceptic offenders, the hope that the children will "question" their parents.

If these sceptics were too obtuse to work out exactly how abusive their hobby of attacking the family is - they most certainly don't have that excuse now.

Internet content on social media has yet again played its part in influencing the death of a young person.  "Anti facebook groups etc." have been deliberately posting content which will cause distress to the young people exposed to it for years.

It is a measure of the type of individuals they are.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #589 on: October 01, 2022, 02:37:44 AM »
Since first encountering some of the absolutely vile McCann content available on the internet it has been obvious to me and of greatest concern, that the most vulnerable to it was always going to be the McCann children.

After a two week inquest a coroner finds that in the death of fourteen year old Molly Russell, harmful online content was likely to have contributed to Molly’s death ‘in a more than minimal way’. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/30/molly-russell-died-while-suffering-negative-effects-of-online-content-rules-coroner

It was always abusive to indulge in the McCann hate fest on the internet.  It was always obvious that at some future time Madeleine's siblings would be exposed to it in one way or another.
Indeed I have seen it claimed in mitigation by sceptic offenders, the hope that the children will "question" their parents.

If these sceptics were too obtuse to work out exactly how abusive their hobby of attacking the family is - they most certainly don't have that excuse now.

Internet content on social media has yet again played its part in influencing the death of a young person.  "Anti facebook groups etc." have been deliberately posting content which will cause distress to the young people exposed to it for years.

Unfortunately, The McCanns can no longer be pursued  in Portugal. Statute of something or another.  So that's the end of that.  Unless Germany want to take them on, along with Brueckner.

This could get interesting.  No doubt someone will come up with something.       

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #590 on: October 01, 2022, 03:16:06 AM »

OKAY,  Everyone has bogged off because this is going nowhere.  And basically no one wants to talk about The Statute of Limitations.  The McCanns are done now.  And did we ever think that it would come to this?

How any Country could put a Fifteen Year limitation on the death of a small child completely defeats me.  But that is what Portugal has done.  The McCanns are now free from prosecution, ever.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2022, 07:23:14 AM »
OKAY,  Everyone has bogged off because this is going nowhere.  And basically no one wants to talk about The Statute of Limitations.  The McCanns are done now.  And did we ever think that it would come to this?

How any Country could put a Fifteen Year limitation on the death of a small child completely defeats me.  But that is what Portugal has done.  The McCanns are now free from prosecution, ever.
They may be free from prosecution but they will never be free of persecution as can be seen online every time the case is mentioned.  Some people just enjoy being nasty and the McCanns are (for some) the preferred punch bags.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #592 on: October 01, 2022, 09:38:07 AM »
They may be free from prosecution but they will never be free of persecution as can be seen online every time the case is mentioned.  Some people just enjoy being nasty and the McCanns are (for some) the preferred punch bags.

Rossb and Myster have touched on the Youtube reaction to the ECHR decision.  I haven't bothered to seek them out for the simple reason that after fifteen years of 'refinement' all that such mindless hounding suggests to me is the determined lack of moral compass displayed by the perpetrators.

There is increased awareness of the damage irresponsible internet postings can cause or contribute to.  It is not a victimless crime.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #593 on: October 01, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »

You're right, it is a measure of the type of individual. 'Trolls', like me, apparently, are more likely to display traits of sadism and narcissism, according to studies. But I think it's much deeper than that and has its roots in innate  schadenfreude, as well as other competitive social comparison based-emotions such as envy and jealousy, originally evolved as a response to competition between rivals over limited resources.
That is to say that we all possess these emotions, but they are magnified and given access with the exponential rise on social media.

I would suggest that approximately 40% of all conversational posts between 'sides' on this forum have some form of embedded trolling or goading.

If we want to have a conversation about the psychology, we have to examine to biology first, then the sociology.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 10:32:54 AM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #594 on: October 02, 2022, 10:49:34 AM »
I didn't watch it.   I don't bother anymore.  I've come to the conclusion that some people have a hobby dishing out nastiness.   No doubt in my mind that the McCann's are probably not the only ones they target.  They may have no intention of debating the case in a normal manner.  I have nothing against people who don't share my view of the McCann's and will debate their reasons for not doing so,  but people who just love to gang up with others to jeer and spread malice I have no time for.  Sarah Payne's mother had to stop posting online due to some people,  Ben's mother has faced it too,  don't know what is wrong with them, but as I say they just love to do it it has become part of their lives now.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #595 on: October 02, 2022, 11:27:06 AM »
I didn't watch it.   I don't bother anymore.  I've come to the conclusion that some people have a hobby dishing out nastiness.   No doubt in my mind that the McCann's are probably not the only ones they target.  They may have no intention of debating the case in a normal manner.  I have nothing against people who don't share my view of the McCann's and will debate their reasons for not doing so,  but people who just love to gang up with others to jeer and spread malice I have no time for.  Sarah Payne's mother had to stop posting online due to some people,  Ben's mother has faced it too,  don't know what is wrong with them, but as I say they just love to do it it has become part of their lives now.

You haven't watched it so why comment?

Do you not think it could be not nastiness.....but its because they don't belive the mccs version of events.

Offline Lace

« Reply #596 on: October 02, 2022, 11:41:54 AM »
You haven't watched it so why comment?

Do you not think it could be not nastiness.....but its because they don't belive the mccs version of events.

I didn't have to watch it I could tell by the comments that it was people posting vile messages about the McCann's.  As I said normal debate ok.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #597 on: October 02, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »
I didn't have to watch it I could tell by the comments that it was people posting vile messages about the McCann's.  As I said normal debate ok.

Ye but they don't discuss or debate it says leave a comment....they just leave comments on what their beliefs are.

I mean you go on about nastiness....but you choose to be the same by condoning their right to an opinion.

Just because you don't like it L

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2022, 12:12:10 PM »
You sure there General?

Are they the people who thought Amaral wasn't guilty? Perhaps some of them contributed to help him with his costs? If so, then they have reason to be pleased.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #599 on: October 02, 2022, 03:33:04 PM »
Are they the people who thought Amaral wasn't guilty? Perhaps some of them contributed to help him with his costs? If so, then they have reason to be pleased.
What costs?  The ECHR was about whether or not Portugal had breached the McCanns’ human rights, nothing to do with Amaral remember?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly