Author Topic: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.  (Read 46670 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
?8)@)-)

There's always one: Just rejoice at that news 8((()*/

You think The PJ did a good job, do you?  That baby could have died while they were trying to blame the parents.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
I'm aware of that. The question is when the canal worker found him. At 3 am? 4 am? Or at 8.30 am? The news is confusing. I find it more logical that he'd found the baby at 8.30 and he was admitted to the health centre by 9.30.
Does it matter ? The doctor finds it hard to believe the baby (in good shape, just a bit hungry) resisted for so long with a night temperature under 10C.
His strong crying saved him.

Lyall

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »
You think The PJ did a good job, do you?  That baby could have died while they were trying to blame the parents.

All over Europe on discussion boards they may well be saying "those Scottish police aren't very good are they?", but is that fair? We only get 1% of the story from reading papers, be those papers in Scotland, England or Portugal.

Redblossom

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »
All over Europe on discussion boards they may well be saying "those Scottish police aren't very good are they?", but is that fair? We only get 1% of the story from reading papers, be those papers in Scotland, England or Portugal.

PJ are crap all the time for some people

@)(++(*

How many countries require one to have a degree before applying? To work for CID
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:58:05 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:07 PM »

@)(++(*

How many countries require one to have a degree before applying? To work for CID
How many police forces lose their time investigating psychics' visions, suspects' dreams and other hair crooks' inventions ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
Let's hope his parents are as well. No job and a request to the SS for alimonies.

Alimony? Had a previous marriage broken down?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:13:59 PM by Carana »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
Alimony? Had a previous marriage broken down?
I mean a monthly money contribution.
They most likely had no regular job before being jobless, otherwise they would be entitled to welfare.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2014, 03:19:06 PM »

@)(++(*

depends on the standard of the degree...

Offline Carana

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:25 PM »
I mean a monthly money contribution.
They most likely had no regular job before being jobless, otherwise they would be entitled to welfare.

Ok. So you mean unemployment benefit, as opposed to alimony.

Offline jassi

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »
depends on the standard of the degree...

To join the UK police, you don't seem to need any formal qualifications at all.
I found that surprising as I thought some decent GCSE' would have been the minimum.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »
That child did not get to where he was found, on his own.  He was picked up from somewhere very near the house, possibly hidden for a short while, and then dumped in what to me sounds like a very dangerous place.

Could it have been a deranged and grieving mother who stole him, and then her actions counter acted by a member of her family?.  Worth looking at, at least.

But the point is that the child was almost certainly taken by someone, and no one saw a thing, in the middle of the day.

Add this one to The Statistics.

Redblossom

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
How many police forces lose their time investigating psychics' visions, suspects' dreams and other hair crooks' inventions ?

The PJ were lambasted for poor investigation...l.think they took their time and resources to investigate even stupid psychic reports!!! On top of all of the false and planted sightings on top of what they normally had to investigate...and they had the british media on their backs as well....calling them names,, no doubt with the aiding and abetting ofthe mccanns and family, disgraceful  story
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:33:19 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »
Ok. So you mean unemployment benefit, as opposed to alimony.
No, I didn't say that. When people are in a precarious situation they have the right to request a financial help from the SS. The situation is analysed and, if justified, a pension or allimony is paid. Nothing to do with unemployment department : to get money from there, you must have lost your job.

Redblossom

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
To join the UK police, you don't seem to need any formal qualifications at all.
I found that surprising as I thought some decent GCSE' would have been the minimum.

@)(++(*

oh dear
I guess a degree is slightly  better overall

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »

A Degree doesn't teach you Common Sense.  And I don't think anyone has invented a Degree in that yet.