Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > Myths

Myth #4 - Apartment 5a had lichen on the window sill

(1/5) > >>

John:
Myth #4 - Apartment 5a had lichen on the window sill

This was a reference to the McCann's holiday complex at the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz.

This myth seems to have arisen following a comment by an 'expert' engaged as part of a Channel 4 TV review team to the effect that who made a comment lichen not being disturbed.  This individual was never involved in the actual case and though he had been in Praia da Luz as part of this TV review his comment was not specific to the Apt 5 window sill but was more general, "Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that."

The actual window sill at what was Madeleine's bedroom at Apt 5a can be seen in the Portuguese police document below which contains photographs taken almost immediately after her disappearance.

It can be clearly seen that there is no lichen on the sill.

sika:
I like this thread.  8((()*/

That's the first one ticked off on the list. 8@??)(

Admin:
Sorry, we changed the order to match our sister site on twitter.  Call this #4.   8((()*/

Angelo222:
Brilliant work admin.  8@??)(

The police failed to find any evidence that a person had entered or left by the window because nobody did.  The abductor entered the apartment via the front door and left that way as well.  Obviously he raised the shutter from the inside and opened the window to check if the coast was clear and didn't take time to close them.  It ain't rocket science.   @)(++(*

Eleanor:

It has been an unadulterated pleasure watching some of these ghastly fairy stories demolished.

Thank you.  Some of us have been at this for six long and incredibly boring years.  Best I don't say anything about HiDeHo.  I might get banned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version