Author Topic: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?  (Read 4586 times)

Offline John

Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?
« on: March 14, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Daisy

Re: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

Offline matthewkevin84

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 02:36:11 PM by matthewkevin84 »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.

No I haven’t.  I know his legal team have been busy with their paid work so they only work on Mark’s case during their spare time.  This is the case with most prisoners.  He has been waiting for two years for documents from the police which they have promised but still not come up with.  I did ask Mark for Factchecker to update us on the forum as this person will know more.  You could PM to find out.

Mark has a podcast coming out soon so hopefully we will be given more information about this when it is available.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 02:24:08 PM »

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

No...I suppose jurors just convict because they don't like the guy.   8(8-))
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

Matt.

It is clear he murdered his father, all the nonsense about a hitman is just a smokescreen imho.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »

Yes probably.  Just like the case of Colin Norris which was based purely on circumstantial evidence.  He was on shift when all four women died so he must have killed them.  This has now been referred to the Court of Appeal and they expect the conviction to be quashed.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »
Yes probably.  Just like the case of Colin Norris which was based purely on circumstantial evidence.  He was on shift when all four women died so he must have killed them.  This has now been referred to the Court of Appeal and they expect the conviction to be quashed.

Mark has always been the only person in the frame for the murder of this father. That said, I still have a suspicion that it wasn't premeditated and that what occurred did so following a heated argument. I could be wrong though, maybe he set out to kill his father just like Jeremy Bamber. The evidence that he used his father's money after he was dead is pretty damning though if as he claimed that he had gone off on his own volition. It just doesn't add up.

If he did have a fight with his father and he died as a result of falling, possibly down stairs or hitting his head, Mark should have come clean and not tried to destroy the body or make up silly stories about builders.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:57:32 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »
It is clear he murdered his father, all the nonsense about a hitman is just a smokescreen imho.

Mark never claimed there was a hitman.  Aren’t you getting muddled up with Jeremy Bamber?   Mark is still struggling to find out how and who killed his father.

Offline matthewkevin84

Mark Alexander Hitman?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 04:16:12 AM »
Has or has Mark Alexander not claimed that his father was potentially killed by a hitman?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »

I expect some do-----but then, I'm a cynic-----!

Offline Fact Checker

Re: Mark Alexander Hitman?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »
Has or has Mark Alexander not claimed that his father was potentially killed by a hitman?

Thanks for taking an interest in Mark's case. As previously posted on this Forum, there are a number of theories, but none involve the potential of a hitman or hitwoman being responsible:

The investigation, and our understanding of Sami to date, seems to indicate three main possibilities:

1) A house-keeper or other employee who took advantage of the cover of anonymity they gained from Sami's benefit scam. Because Sami was returning claims with false employee names, they avoided having to register with the authorities, or being vetted. Receiving payment in cash, they could avoid declaring their earnings. They had easy access to the house and would have known the area well.

2) A direct or indirect victim of one of Sami's confidence tricks, perhaps through his online activity on adult dating sites and chatrooms.

3) A loan-shark Sami owed money to, or had defrauded. In other words, Sami's past caught up with him, there was a confrontation of some description, and something went wrong. There is also the possibility, given the very unusual and extreme manner of burial, that some kind of message was being sent out to those in criminal circles.

We believe whoever was responsible could not have acted alone.

Samuel knew he had made “many enemies” over the years, as he confided in AH who he once asked to “look after Mark for me” should anything “happen” to him. A violent altercationwith one of his tenants, who tried breaking into Samuel's home, led to a criminal conviction. Samuel even kept a list of some ‘enemies’ in his address book. Mark's grandfather has also described how Sami “could easily accumulate many enemies”.

One victim of fraud has described Sami as follows: "He is basically a clever thief and has meticulously planned to make easy money out of a naïve young girl and me". He alleges that "my signature has been forged on the deeds of trust and the transfer of the mortgage" in order to place his step-daughter's share of the property into Sami's own name without her family realising. Her family describe how she was "in such fear of [Sami] that she... gave him power of attorney" over her financial affairs. Sami went on to secure mortgages in her name without her knowledge, selling the properties without repaying them, and then leaving the lady laden with the debt.

You can find out more on our website https://www.freemarkalexander.org/faq/#suspects
This account is run by volunteers on the freeMarkAlexander.org team. We welcome healthy debate, but please try to avoid making unsubstantiated or libelous claims. Please excuse us if we do not respond to a post immediately. We may need to conduct further research before we can answer a question fully and this might take some time. All of our posted images are licensed by freeMarkAlexander.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Offline Fact Checker

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »
The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion.

We welcome constructive debate on the case, but this kind of speculative commentary is disrespectful to the victim's family. The only people qualified to make a call like this are those closest to a prisoner maintaining innocent. If the victim's family come to the view that the wrong person has been convicted, or vice versa, then we have to respect that.

It is deeply upsetting and offensive for individuals to attempt to discredit the family on that basis. Only those closest to the situation can make a properly informed decision like this.

This kind of bullying behaviour only serves to harass the family and cause further pain. They have been through enough as it is. We hope you will be more considerate in future.
This account is run by volunteers on the freeMarkAlexander.org team. We welcome healthy debate, but please try to avoid making unsubstantiated or libelous claims. Please excuse us if we do not respond to a post immediately. We may need to conduct further research before we can answer a question fully and this might take some time. All of our posted images are licensed by freeMarkAlexander.org under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 01:50:43 PM »
We welcome constructive debate on the case, but this kind of speculative commentary is disrespectful to the victim's family. The only people qualified to make a call like this are those closest to a prisoner maintaining innocent. If the victim's family come to the view that the wrong person has been convicted, or vice versa, then we have to respect that.

It is deeply upsetting and offensive for individuals to attempt to discredit the family on that basis. Only those closest to the situation can make a properly informed decision like this.

This kind of bullying behaviour only serves to harass the family and cause further pain. They have been through enough as it is. We hope you will be more considerate in future.

It is my opinion based on the evidence, it is certainly not speculation. If the family feel aggrieved and don't like my observation then that is for them to deal with. Burying one's head in the sand has never been a constructive endeavour in miscarriage of justice cases.

There isn't a shred of evidence which supports Marks claim of innocence, the jury seeing fit to return a unanimous guilty verdict. Nothing provided since the trial alters my original view.

In my experience the family of convicted killers find the situation difficult to come to terms with, the person whom they loved turning out to be a monster is not something that is easy to accept. I'm not in the least surprised that they continue to doubt the conviction, maybe in time they will come to realise how foolish they have been.

Bottom line is that Mark is guilty of murder and of attempting to dispose of his father's remains in a most disrespectful callous manner. If the family have further issues, I suggest they address them to the convicted murderer.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:54:36 PM by John »

Offline Fact Checker

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »
It is my opinion... There isn't a shred of evidence which supports Marks claim of innocence

The fact that you continue to deny the obvious really speaks to your own shortcomings, not Mark's, and not Mark's family. Your stubborness is quite revealing, and demonstrates the problem inherent in all miscarriage of justice cases, that people who form an  entrenched opinion on a case always dig their heels in when challenged, no matter what subsequently comes to light. I can't think of many exonerations where the original police and prosecution admit they were wrong. The Daniel Morgan enquiry exemplifies this phenonmenon.

There are plenty of reasons in this case to doubt the safety of the conviction, the fairness of the trial, or the thoroughness and impartiality of the police investigation - a quick browse of our website gives most people pause for thought.

However, even if there were no new evidence at all, this would reveal nothing about Mark's guilt or innocence. Many innocent people languish in prison because they are unable to find fresh evidence. That doesn't make them guilty. The Westminster Commission on Miscarriages of Justice recognised this problem in their recent report, 'In the Interests of Justice', calling for changes to the way the Court of Appeal assesses wrongful convictions so that they can be overturned even where no fresh evidence exists, but where there is nevertheless serious doubt about the verdict.