Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 949 times)

Offline JaneO

« on: May 30, 2021, 08:25:58 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Jane. Posted today for the first time, I usually just lurk and read the posts lol. I joined to read more about the Luke Mitchell case. I'll admit at the time I thought guilty as sin because I believed what I read in the papers, I thought his DNA was all over Jodi. I don't know why I did believe the papers because my dad always told me not to believe everything in them, but I did, shame on me. The first I heard more was the James English podcasts and since then I've read a lot about the case. I just don't believe it was proved beyond reasonable doubt he is guilty. I've got some idea the way police can try and manipulate what you say in statements. I'm not going to go into detail about my brothers crimes/sentences but when he was first charged with murder the cid came to take a statement from me I suppose to get a background on him and I can see why some people could be manipulated by them as I said I'm not going to go into my brothers, it's just I think some people like to believe police wouldn't manipulate and try to coax people to say something when I know from experience they can and do.
Sorry for long introduction lol and I look forward to maybe chatting with some of you.
Jane

Offline Angelo222

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 11:11:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Jane. Posted today for the first time, I usually just lurk and read the posts lol. I joined to read more about the Luke Mitchell case. I'll admit at the time I thought guilty as sin because I believed what I read in the papers, I thought his DNA was all over Jodi. I don't know why I did believe the papers because my dad always told me not to believe everything in them, but I did, shame on me. The first I heard more was the James English podcasts and since then I've read a lot about the case. I just don't believe it was proved beyond reasonable doubt he is guilty. I've got some idea the way police can try and manipulate what you say in statements. I'm not going to go into detail about my brothers crimes/sentences but when he was first charged with murder the cid came to take a statement from me I suppose to get a background on him and I can see why some people could be manipulated by them as I said I'm not going to go into my brothers, it's just I think some people like to believe police wouldn't manipulate and try to coax people to say something when I know from experience they can and do.
Sorry for long introduction lol and I look forward to maybe chatting with some of you.
Jane

Welcome to the forum Jane. The clincher for me is the lies told by the Mitchell family in order to give Luke Mitchell an alibi. They were found out of in the end though and nearly ended up being prosecuted for perverting the course of justice.

Luke Mitchell's brother wouldn't give him an alibi and that says it all for me.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline JaneO

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:13:43 AM »
But I don't think they where lies. Corrine passed the lie detector and Shane did give an alibi just didn't get believed bcos he remembered something he forgot and changed his statement. Funny how those charges where dropped. He wasn't only one to change statements and theirs was believed.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 07:11:26 AM »
Thank you for introducing yourself, Jane.  I don't believe LM's conviction was proved beyond reasonable doubt, either!