Author Topic: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case  (Read 34581 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case
« Reply #660 on: August 11, 2021, 07:35:34 AM »
Oh dear Billy, you’ve broken a cardinal sceptic rule.  You are never allowed to say that the McCanns were cleared, so if they weren’t cleared then obviously neither was Murat.

The double standards and hypocrisy leave me bemused.  Nor am I very impressed with the abuse of what facts there are.  Most of the Sceptic Comments don't even make sense anyway. 
The use of The English Language is also an abuse of semantics.  But my goodness me, I haven't half learned a lot.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #661 on: August 11, 2021, 08:12:36 AM »
The double standards and hypocrisy leave me bemused.  Nor am I very impressed with the abuse of what facts there are.  Most of the Sceptic Comments don't even make sense anyway. 
The use of The English Language is also an abuse of semantics.  But my goodness me, I haven't half learned a lot.

I particularly admired ~ "Didn't he also win a court battle with the T7 ..." A prime example of a lie and the truth just depending on the syntax.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #662 on: August 11, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »
I particularly admired ~ "Didn't he also win a court battle with the T7 ..." A prime example of a lie and the truth just depending on the syntax.
Yes I had to read that a few times to try and make sense of it, still not sure what Whizzy was getting at.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #663 on: August 11, 2021, 08:33:47 AM »

And not even very clever.  But you put it better than I did

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #664 on: August 11, 2021, 08:54:17 AM »
Oh dear Billy, you’ve broken a cardinal sceptic rule.  You are never allowed to say that the McCanns were cleared, so if they weren’t cleared then obviously neither was Murat.

Cleared and "cleared" have different meanings.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #665 on: August 11, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »
I've never understood the role of Murat, but wasn't he officially "cleared" in the same way Kate and Gerry were? Didn't he also win a court battle with the T7 which concluded there was no evidence to link him to Madeleine's demise?

He certainly won damages from someone but I can't remember who it was.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #666 on: August 11, 2021, 09:02:21 AM »
Whichever definition you choose it applies both to Murat and to the McCanns.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #667 on: August 11, 2021, 09:05:18 AM »
He certainly won damages from someone but I can't remember who it was.
Here’s a clue - it wasn’t the Tapas 7.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #668 on: August 11, 2021, 09:11:49 AM »

Really?  Good heavens.  I never knew that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #669 on: August 11, 2021, 09:13:15 AM »
Really?  Good heavens.  I never knew that.
Allow me to explain:  scepics believe that Murat was cleared and the McCanns were “cleared” (ie not cleared), your usual sceptic double standards.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #670 on: August 11, 2021, 09:18:34 AM »
I've never understood the role of Murat, but wasn't he officially "cleared" in the same way Kate and Gerry were? Didn't he also win a court battle with the T7 which concluded there was no evidence to link him to Madeleine's demise?

There was no court battle with the T7, but three of them returned to Portugal to confront him at the police station on 11th July;

RECORD OF CONFRONTATION

---- On 11 July, at 10:00, in the premises of the Department of Criminal Investigation of the Portimao Judicial Police, before me, Paulo Ferreira, Inspector, and Dr. Guilhermino Encarnacao, Deputy National Director of Judicial Police, appeared the defendant ROBERT JAMES QUERIOL EVELEIGH MURAT, already identified in the file, in order to proceed with his interrogation. Following on [prior] interrogatory work and contradictions having been seen between that which the defendant said and that of the witnesses, RACHEL MARIAMMA JEAN MAMPILLY, RUSSEL JAMES O'BRIEN, and FIONA ELAINE PAYNE, all also duly identified in the file, given that in the depositions of these people there exist clear contradictions with the answers of the defendant, this present work proceeded.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

He later sued UK newspapers for libelling him and won significant damages.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #671 on: August 11, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »
There was no court battle with the T7, but three of them returned to Portugal to confront him at the police station on 11th July;

RECORD OF CONFRONTATION

---- On 11 July, at 10:00, in the premises of the Department of Criminal Investigation of the Portimao Judicial Police, before me, Paulo Ferreira, Inspector, and Dr. Guilhermino Encarnacao, Deputy National Director of Judicial Police, appeared the defendant ROBERT JAMES QUERIOL EVELEIGH MURAT, already identified in the file, in order to proceed with his interrogation. Following on [prior] interrogatory work and contradictions having been seen between that which the defendant said and that of the witnesses, RACHEL MARIAMMA JEAN MAMPILLY, RUSSEL JAMES O'BRIEN, and FIONA ELAINE PAYNE, all also duly identified in the file, given that in the depositions of these people there exist clear contradictions with the answers of the defendant, this present work proceeded.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

He later sued UK newspapers for libelling him and won significant damages.

the reason there is a problem with agreeing if someone has been cleared is because there is no precise definition of cleared......what do possters think it means.

Was OJ cleared in his criminal trial..not guilty
Was Barry George cleared

does cleared mean innocent to some.....that is the problem

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #672 on: August 11, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
Allow me to explain:  scepics believe that Murat was cleared and the McCanns were “cleared” (ie not cleared), your usual sceptic double standards.

Oh, I see.  Could you possibly give me a Cite for your peculiar thinking?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #673 on: August 11, 2021, 10:21:19 AM »
the reason there is a problem with agreeing if someone has been cleared is because there is no precise definition of cleared......what do possters think it means.

Was OJ cleared in his criminal trial..not guilty
Was Barry George cleared

does cleared mean innocent to some.....that is the problem

I don't have a problem with this.  If no one has been charged or convicted then there isn't a problem.

Any updates on this philosophy?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #674 on: August 11, 2021, 11:01:36 AM »
There is a concerted effort by a few diehard sceptics to dumb down the forum.  Just check back to Anthro's post.

The Murat villa and its occupants played a prominent role in Madeleine's case so one would have expected that the information that it had been razed to the ground would have been of some interest.

But it appears that like everything which isn't focused on slurring the McCanns it is has been found more interesting to deflect from the information.

Times have moved on from short term memory regarding the Venturi effect which explains ~

Slamming of doors by a draft
The slamming of doors due to a draft, is also due to the Venturi effect.
The door gap is a constricted cross-section through which the air flows very quickly.
The air pressure in the gap between the door and the frame drops.
Around the door leaf, the air usually flows at a much lower speed.
The higher pressure on the door leaf compared to the air pressure in the gap, therefore slams the door with great force, even if the air stream flows with the opening direction of the door!

https://www.tec-science.com/mechanics/gases-and-liquids/examples-of-applications-of-the-bernoulli-effect/#Slamming_of_doors_by_a_draft

~ and we are now well and truly in the era of Prime suspect, Brueckner who I'm sure had mastered the art of raising shutters either from the outside using the control mechanism or from the inside using the control mechanism, he might have been able to use a key or might even have developed motor skills to enable him to slide an unlocked door.  Who knows.

Anyway - I think that even if the demolition of Casa Liliana is an irrelevance - it is an interesting irrelevance none the less.  Thanks for the information, Anthro; it has the benefit of being current.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....