Author Topic: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case  (Read 34584 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case
« Reply #675 on: August 11, 2021, 12:58:14 PM »
There is a concerted effort by a few diehard sceptics to dumb down the forum.  Just check back to Anthro's post.

The Murat villa and its occupants played a prominent role in Madeleine's case so one would have expected that the information that it had been razed to the ground would have been of some interest.

But it appears that like everything which isn't focused on slurring the McCanns it is has been found more interesting to deflect from the information.

Times have moved on from short term memory regarding the Venturi effect which explains ~

Slamming of doors by a draft
The slamming of doors due to a draft, is also due to the Venturi effect.
The door gap is a constricted cross-section through which the air flows very quickly.
The air pressure in the gap between the door and the frame drops.
Around the door leaf, the air usually flows at a much lower speed.
The higher pressure on the door leaf compared to the air pressure in the gap, therefore slams the door with great force, even if the air stream flows with the opening direction of the door!

https://www.tec-science.com/mechanics/gases-and-liquids/examples-of-applications-of-the-bernoulli-effect/#Slamming_of_doors_by_a_draft

~ and we are now well and truly in the era of Prime suspect, Brueckner who I'm sure had mastered the art of raising shutters either from the outside using the control mechanism or from the inside using the control mechanism, he might have been able to use a key or might even have developed motor skills to enable him to slide an unlocked door.  Who knows.

Anyway - I think that even if the demolition of Casa Liliana is an irrelevance - it is an interesting irrelevance none the less.  Thanks for the information, Anthro; it has the benefit of being current.

I have no idea why this villa has been demolished, who owns it, and what will be put in it's place. The last I heard of it was in 2015;

Jenny Murat...has put Casa Liliana up for sale. “It is very sad but the place has become a tourist attraction for all the wrong reasons,” she said. “I get people banging on my gate and someone broke in once. I don’t feel safe"...She will live with her daughter, Sammy, in Devon
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2021, 01:02:10 PM »
I have no idea why this villa has been demolished, who owns it, and what will be put in it's place. The last I heard of it was in 2015;

Jenny Murat...has put Casa Liliana up for sale. “It is very sad but the place has become a tourist attraction for all the wrong reasons,” she said. “I get people banging on my gate and someone broke in once. I don’t feel safe"...She will live with her daughter, Sammy, in Devon
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

Ah, well you have it - mountain out of a molehill.

I'm sure there'll be a new 'tasteful'  development in time   8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #677 on: August 11, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »

Ah, that's one less landmark on the Ghouls Tour, what a shame.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #678 on: August 11, 2021, 01:22:21 PM »

Yes ... I remember the "break in" and I remember Mrs Murat's decision to sell.  But it doesn't stop me from being intrigued by news of the demolition.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #679 on: August 11, 2021, 01:30:40 PM »
Ah, well you have it - mountain out of a molehill.

I'm sure there'll be a new 'tasteful'  development in time   8(0(*

Probably a block of flats.  And why not?  Robert Murat will never live there again.  Or even his mother.

I personally would never have gone to Praia da Luz because it is frightfully down market.

And Yes, I do know what I am talking about.

Offline jassi

« Reply #680 on: August 11, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »
Probably a block of flats.  And why not?  Robert Murat will never live there again.  Or even his mother.

I personally would never have gone to Praia da Luz because it is frightfully down market.

That was my impression as well, which why I was surprised by the sort of people it attracted  - ie the younger professional types
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #681 on: August 11, 2021, 02:00:37 PM »
That was my impression as well, which why I was surprised by the sort of people it attracted  - ie the younger professional types

Probably short of any serious money.  Praia da Luz was pretty dreadful.  Those appartments  were awful.

But you probably wouldn't want to know of what I saw of Portugal.  Or maybe you might.  I was actually there during both Revolutions.  But no one is really interested in that.

Offline jassi

« Reply #682 on: August 11, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »
I know little of Portugal beyond it being England's oldest ally and being the jumping-off point for Wellington's campaigns against the French

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #683 on: August 11, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
I know little of Portugal beyond it being England's oldest ally and being the jumping-off point for Wellington's campaigns against the French

I might have to look into that.  But I am personally more aware of Salazar and what he did to future generations.

Unfortunately Salazar left a mess of potage.  But then most Dictators do.  It takes a while to get over this.  And Portugal hasn't quite managed it yet.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #684 on: August 11, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »

A down market location is one which attracts lower income consumers. I think Praia da Luz was a bit better than that; it seems to have attracted quite a few middle income people; doctors, lawyers, journalists and so on.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #685 on: August 11, 2021, 06:55:25 PM »
A down market location is one which attracts lower income consumers. I think Praia da Luz was a bit better than that; it seems to have attracted quite a few middle income people; doctors, lawyers, journalists and so on.
not to mention all the paedos, drug dealers and thieves.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #686 on: August 11, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »

Try Val de Lobo.  It's only down the road a bit.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #687 on: August 11, 2021, 07:04:53 PM »

Whoops.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #688 on: August 11, 2021, 07:09:03 PM »

Really looking forward to my next visit.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #689 on: August 11, 2021, 07:31:26 PM »

Find me a place where there are none of the above.
Result = happy posting.