Author Topic: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case  (Read 34971 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case
« Reply #705 on: August 12, 2021, 11:53:52 AM »
Who knows where the fallacies lie in this case? You dismiss the evidence gathered by the PJ, but it exists and can be examined. You can place your faith in investigators whose evidence is unknown if you so desire, but as you have pointed out; professionals can be incompetent.

The evidence used by the Amaral PJ team was neither of use in finding Madeleine or to achieve his prime objective of 'nailing' her parents in line with his oft quoted theory of events.

None at all.

That is not to say that there was no evidence which could have been used to direct investigators to other areas for investigation.

Scotland Yard uncovered phone evidence which seemed to have been ignored and carried out rogatory interviews on burglars as a result.

Similarly their colleagues from the Porto PJ showed an interest in a dead former disgruntled employee of Mark Warner also as a result of checking the phone traffic of the night Madeleine vanished.

The present investigation also has evidence retrieved from a phone dump covering that period that their prime suspect's phone was in use in proximity to the McCann apartment.

So the evidence was there to be investigated at the time.  No-one bothered to look for it.  They were too tied into checking the McCann phone traffic instead.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #706 on: August 12, 2021, 12:28:11 PM »
^^^
I would have thought so. The message on the gate reads roughly - "We apologize for anything caused during our work" ... and the logo is of construction company, JA Duarte & Filho - http://en.jaduartefilho.com/

Thank you. I wonder why the local press haven't picked up on this development, given the villa's history in Madeleine's case?

Offline Anthro

« Reply #707 on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:37 PM »
Picture 3 shows a 2018 V/W Caravelle with a UK licence plate parked outside the property.

ETA Are you able to find out if the 3 photographs were all taken within a few days of each other?
The poster says he took the photos last Friday, Misty.

Offline misty

« Reply #708 on: August 12, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »
The poster says he took the photos last Friday, Misty.

Thanks, Anthro; so very recent. Does the poster know if the villa changed hands as I'm intigued by the presence of that expensive V/W Caravelle?

Offline Anthro

« Reply #709 on: August 12, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »
Thanks, Anthro; so very recent. Does the poster know if the villa changed hands as I'm intigued by the presence of that expensive V/W Caravelle?
He doesn’t seem to know if the property was sold or not, just that it was up for sale. Ps. Some of the comments question why everything except the driveway has been demolished (?)

Offline jassi

« Reply #710 on: August 12, 2021, 01:49:39 PM »
Vehicular access perhaps?  Why dig up a perfectly good hard standing when it can be removed later.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #711 on: August 12, 2021, 04:24:15 PM »
He doesn’t seem to know if the property was sold or not, just that it was up for sale. Ps. Some of the comments question why everything except the driveway has been demolished (?)

Thanks again. The property had been up for sale for years but I do appreciate the land may be of more value to a developer than the property itself.
It was the construction of the rear driveway which concerned Stephen Birch back in 2012 and, looking at the first photos, that seems to have been removed.

Offline Myster

« Reply #712 on: August 12, 2021, 05:15:50 PM »
Thank you. I wonder why the local press haven't picked up on this development, given the villa's history in Madeleine's case?
They might have... not everything is online.  Then again, local news editors probably think the residents are heartily sick of hearing about the McCanns.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #713 on: August 13, 2021, 12:42:15 PM »
It certainly is weird to think that in the "woke and wandered" theory nobody finds it odd that Madeleine should walk straight into a paedophile who grabbed her.
Were they really as prevalent as that?

Why should it be odd? These things do happen but mercifully on very few occasions. We know that Praia da Luz was a favourite hangout for paedophiles so the chances of that occurring were unfortunately elevated.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #714 on: August 13, 2021, 01:01:02 PM »
Why should it be odd? These things do happen but mercifully on very few occasions. We know that Praia da Luz was a favourite hangout for paedophiles so the chances of that occurring were unfortunately elevated.

The majority of the woke and wandered cases I've read about ~ of which there are amazingly quite a few ~ the wanderer is returned unharmed.

Amazingly they all seem to lead a charmed life as far as traffic is concerned because I don't think I've read of any.

I have seen quite a few videos of a stranger abduction in progress.  Sometimes thwarted by family intervention and sometimes tragically not.

But I don't recall a report of a woke and wandered child being lifted by a paedophile right on the doorstep.

The oddness is that there was for a time a huge denial of burglaries and paedophile activity taking place in the Algarve.

Therefore the fact that it is accepted as a normal occurrence by these same deniers, that the minute Madeleine stepped over the threshold a predatory paedophile lay in wait is I find a decidedly odd conclusion for them to reach.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #715 on: August 13, 2021, 01:19:23 PM »
The majority of the woke and wandered cases I've read about ~ of which there are amazingly quite a few ~ the wanderer is returned unharmed.

Amazingly they all seem to lead a charmed life as far as traffic is concerned because I don't think I've read of any.

I have seen quite a few videos of a stranger abduction in progress.  Sometimes thwarted by family intervention and sometimes tragically not.

But I don't recall a report of a woke and wandered child being lifted by a paedophile right on the doorstep.

The oddness is that there was for a time a huge denial of burglaries and paedophile activity taking place in the Algarve.

Therefore the fact that it is accepted as a normal occurrence by these same deniers, that the minute Madeleine stepped over the threshold a predatory paedophile lay in wait is I find a decidedly odd conclusion for them to reach.

I accept your points certainly but there is a first time for everything as the saying goes and if that did indeed happen to Madeleine then she was truly a very unfortunate child.

My own view is that she was the unfortunate victim of a terrible car accident and that the driver involved initially sought medical assistance (Smith sighting) but failed. Initial remorse and wishing to do the right thing is often followed by guilt and the need to cover up. If this did happen then the man involved was the man the Smiths saw, what occurred next is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 01:22:01 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline jassi

« Reply #716 on: August 13, 2021, 01:25:42 PM »
I accept your points certainly but there is a first time for everything as the saying goes and if that did indeed happen to Madeleine then she was truly a very unfortunate child.

My own view is that she was the unfortunate victim of a terrible car accident and that the driver involved initially sought medical assistance (Smith sighting) but failed. Initial remorse and wishing to do the right thing is often followed by guilt and the need to cover up. If this did happen then the man involved was the man the Smiths saw, what occurred next is anyone's guess.

If this were the case, why carry her through the streets on foot, rather than in the car and what happened to this car if it was left near the scene of the accident while he ran through the streets ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #717 on: August 13, 2021, 01:29:34 PM »

There is evidence that at least one truck was being driven at speed in the area https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/we-saw-speeding-truck-and-suspicious-characters-but-police-never-asked-irish-journalist-recalls-night-madeleine-mccann-disappeared-39258350.html
But there was no evidence that there had been a RTA ~ and that was something that the Portuguese police did check out.

Offline John

« Reply #718 on: August 13, 2021, 03:31:57 PM »
If this were the case, why carry her through the streets on foot, rather than in the car and what happened to this car if it was left near the scene of the accident while he ran through the streets ?

He was only seen on foot by the Smiths and coincidentally down by the medical centre which just happened to be closed that night. Amaral sought the CCTV footage further up the road but left it too late and it was overwritten. Thus there is no evidence he walked to the town centre or drove there.

Offline John

« Reply #719 on: August 13, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
There is evidence that at least one truck was being driven at speed in the area https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/we-saw-speeding-truck-and-suspicious-characters-but-police-never-asked-irish-journalist-recalls-night-madeleine-mccann-disappeared-39258350.html
But there was no evidence that there had been a RTA ~ and that was something that the Portuguese police did check out.

There wouldn't necessarily be any evidence that a truck hit a child. Can happen in seconds and the offending vehicle disappear just as quick.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:36:30 PM by John »