Author Topic: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case  (Read 35043 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case
« Reply #855 on: August 23, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »
The case isn't even considered a noteworthy pending on the echr site with others being communicated back in 2017 being as such, there's a long wait yet imo.
Seek and you will find.
Perhaps the Portuguese are dragging their heels.. Im in no hurry

Offline barrier

« Reply #856 on: August 23, 2021, 07:07:42 PM »
Perhaps the Portuguese are dragging their heels.. Im in no hurry

Time and tide wait on no one.

Wasn't there time limits on responses, but none the less, there's a backlog.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #857 on: August 23, 2021, 07:11:44 PM »
The former detective admitted his own failings in initially treating Madeleine’s disappearance “as if something had been stolen”. “The investigation should have been more comprehensive, like a murder: securing biological traces, fibres, hair,” he said. “That was a mistake.”
No mate, that wasn’t a mistake, it was professional incompetence of the highest order.
Interesting.. In the Susan Pillay case it was claimed she was murdered in the basement... Yet not one fibre... Nothing found. Havent heard the sceptics claiming it didnt happen

Offline Brietta

« Reply #858 on: August 23, 2021, 07:31:02 PM »
The case isn't even considered a noteworthy pending on the echr site with others being communicated back in 2017 being as such, there's a long wait yet imo.
Seek and you will find.

The one thing that Amaral is pretty good at is keeping his nose to the ground in the interest of self preservation.

Just as he continued to mouth off to rubbish the German investigation when the realisation hit him that he should be feeling a bit hot under the collar as his incompetence is gone over one more time..

Remember the lies he told.

I think he's got wind of the ECHR beginning to move and he is irrelevantly getting his oar in first.  Wonder how much he was paid for his irrelevant role in the documentary as he sees his cash cow hightailing it out of his field.

Watch the ECHR space.
I don't think it can be long now before he will be relevant yet again - briefly - and probably for the last time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #859 on: August 23, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »
Time and tide wait on no one.

Wasn't there time limits on responses, but none the less, there's a backlog.

There are time limits on responses and the Portuguese may be taking advantages of every one. The dispute is described as covered by existing case law... If thats the case and the Portuguese are in the clear then imo it would have been thrown out by now

Offline Brietta

« Reply #860 on: August 23, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »
I don't know if there is current relevance (there's that word again 🤐) to Madeleine's case.

But it did bring to mind some of the thoughts that dear Sadie brought to the debate.

I was googling for something else;  and as one does came across something entirely different which interested me for a variety of reasons not least of which was the time span of his Portuguese residency.
  • ex-pat German
  • with quasi religious connotations
  • paedophile
  • resident in the North but with numerous properties
  • on the run from Germany
  • extradited from Portugal to Germany and prosecuted
German paedophile suspect arrested in Portugal
Lisbon police said on Sunday they have arrested a German man, wanted in Germany on suspicion of paedophilia.

29 June 2008
Acting on a European arrest warrant from German police, their Portuguese counterparts “detained a German citizen suspected of paedophile practices abroad,” according to a police statement.

Police did not identify the suspect, but Portuguese newspapers named the man on Sunday as Ulrich Schulz, a 59-year-old New Age musician known by his stage name, Oliver Shanti, whose music has been included in two of the popular Buddha Bar compilations.

Police said the man had been a regular visitor to Portugal for more than five years and would be taken before a court in Lisbon, before his likely handover to German authorities.

The Portuguese news agency Lusa said the man is suspected of more than 100 pedophile crimes committed on young members of a sect he formed in Bavaria in the 1980s.

He later set up home in the village of Vila Nova de Cerveira in northern Portugal which in 1994 honored him with a medal in recognition of his contribution to the local community.

“At the time, we could not imagine that this man could be suspected of paedophile acts,” said the Vila Nova mayor, Jose Manuel Carpinteira, pointing out that the musician had donated several vehicles to local emergency services.

https://www.thelocal.de/20080629/12779/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #861 on: August 23, 2021, 08:13:33 PM »
The one thing that Amaral is pretty good at is keeping his nose to the ground in the interest of self preservation.

Just as he continued to mouth off to rubbish the German investigation when the realisation hit him that he should be feeling a bit hot under the collar as his incompetence is gone over one more time..

Remember the lies he told.

I think he's got wind of the ECHR beginning to move and he is irrelevantly getting his oar in first.  Wonder how much he was paid for his irrelevant role in the documentary as he sees his cash cow hightailing it out of his field.

Watch the ECHR space.
I don't think it can be long now
before he will be relevant yet again - briefly - and probably for the last time.

Ooh I do hope so, but you know how it is - maybe this year, maybe next.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #862 on: August 24, 2021, 12:45:47 AM »
Nothing new here, move along please.Dated Nov 20.

Maddie McCann suspect 'to be moved to former Gestapo jail before interrogation'
German paedophile Christian Brueckner, who is suspected of abducting and killing Madeleine McCann, will be moved to the Wolfenbuttel or Celle maximum security prison in January, it is reported

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/maddie-mccann-suspect-to-moved-23091982

I suspect that they’ve taken the long route to the new jail.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #863 on: August 24, 2021, 06:02:06 AM »
There are time limits on responses and the Portuguese may be taking advantages of every one. The dispute is described as covered by existing case law... If thats the case and the Portuguese are in the clear then imo it would have been thrown out by now
Well be nearing the Autumn of 2022 and you'll still be using the same argument,then the year after, then year after.....
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #864 on: August 24, 2021, 06:03:26 AM »
I suspect that they’ve taken the long route to the new jail.
Supertramp, Take the long home.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #865 on: August 24, 2021, 07:57:31 AM »
Supertramp, Take the long home.
you’ve lost your way.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #866 on: November 10, 2021, 09:20:23 AM »
Cleo Smith trolls have slithered under a rock…for now
Jane Moore
21:47, 9 Nov 2021

THE abduction of Cleo Smith from a family camping holiday in Australia has been likened to the case of Madeleine McCann.

Except, of course, four-year-old Cleo was found safe and well after 18 days while, 14 years on, the agony still endures for Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry.

But one deeply unwelcome similarity between the two cases was the rush by online trolls to heap blame on the already distraught parents — either by implicating them in their own child’s disappearance or accusing them of not watching her closely enough.

Despite the early-on insistence of Aussie detectives that they were not treating Cleo’s mum Ellie and stepfather Jake Gliddon as suspects, online forums rapidly started filling up with conspiracy theories.

Some of these “internet sleuths” were genuinely wanting to help, some were stirring the pot of suspicion with claims that there were “discrepancies” in the couple’s account, and some were just plain nasty.

And just like the McCanns, laced through it all were the same old tropes about how they just didn’t seem distressed enough to be the parents of a missing child.

It’s called shock and paralysing terror, you dimbos.

“I just don’t get why some people, when they get a keyboard, say the most horrible and shocking things that they would never say otherwise,” says Mark McGowan, premier of Western Australia.

But one deeply unwelcome similarity between the two cases was the rush by online trolls to heap blame on the already distraught parents — either by implicating them in their own child’s disappearance or accusing them of not watching her closely enough.

Despite the early-on insistence of Aussie detectives that they were not treating Cleo’s mum Ellie and stepfather Jake Gliddon as suspects, online forums rapidly started filling up with conspiracy theories.

Some of these “internet sleuths” were genuinely wanting to help, some were stirring the pot of suspicion with claims that there were “discrepancies” in the couple’s account, and some were just plain nasty.

And just like the McCanns, laced through it all were the same old tropes about how they just didn’t seem distressed enough to be the parents of a missing child.

“I just don’t get why some people, when they get a keyboard, say the most horrible and shocking things that they would never say otherwise,” says Mark McGowan, premier of Western Australia.

Because they can do so with impunity, that’s why.

And until everyone has to be identifiable when they post comments, innocent people like Cleo’s parents and the McCanns will continue to bear the brunt of other people’s inadequacies.

Thankfully, Cleo was eventually found alive and well at the home of her suspected abductor 45 miles away, and the tables turned on the ghastly trolls.

“Let’s hope the conspiracy theorists who have posted vile accusations against her parents now offer a public apology,” tweeted one local journalist who worked on the case.

Except they won’t, of course. They’ll just slither back under the largely anonymous rock from whence they crawled to await their next victim.

Deputy Commissioner Col Blanch said: “We cautioned early on about internet detectives.

"Police were doing their work and sifting through it. I think what’s happened here today is a strong reminder, don’t judge too quickly.”

Hear hear.

The superb Netflix documentary Don’t F*** With Cats shows that, done correctly, the modern phenomenon of internet sleuths can strike gold after meticulous research.

But this is the rare exception, rather than the rule, and the majority of conspiracy theorists go down a rabbit hole of self-importance, unsubstantiated rumour and partisan judgment.

It is unhelpful to the police and downright distressing to those whose loved ones are involved in the case.

Thankfully, Ellie and Jake have a happy ending to their terrifying ordeal. But for the McCanns, the agonising wait of knowing what happened to Maddie goes on and persistent trolls continue to spit bile in their direction.

Shame on them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16686903/cleo-smith-trolls-slithered-under-rock/

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #867 on: November 10, 2021, 09:31:46 AM »
^^^ain’t it the truth^^^
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #868 on: November 10, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »
Cleo Smith trolls have slithered under a rock…for now
Jane Moore
21:47, 9 Nov 2021

THE abduction of Cleo Smith from a family camping holiday in Australia has been likened to the case of Madeleine McCann.

Except, of course, four-year-old Cleo was found safe and well after 18 days while, 14 years on, the agony still endures for Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry.

Because they can do so with impunity, that’s why.

And until everyone has to be identifiable when they post comments, innocent people like Cleo’s parents and the McCanns will continue to bear the brunt of other people’s inadequacies.

Thankfully, Cleo was eventually found alive and well at the home of her suspected abductor 45 miles away, and the tables turned on the ghastly trolls.

“Let’s hope the conspiracy theorists who have posted vile accusations against her parents now offer a public apology,” tweeted one local journalist who worked on the case.

Except they won’t, of course. They’ll just slither back under the largely anonymous rock from whence they crawled to await their next victim.

Deputy Commissioner Col Blanch said: “We cautioned early on about internet detectives.

"Police were doing their work and sifting through it. I think what’s happened here today is a strong reminder, don’t judge too quickly.”

Hear hear.

The superb Netflix documentary Don’t F*** With Cats shows that, done correctly, the modern phenomenon of internet sleuths can strike gold after meticulous research.

But this is the rare exception, rather than the rule, and the majority of conspiracy theorists go down a rabbit hole of self-importance, unsubstantiated rumour and partisan judgment.

It is unhelpful to the police and downright distressing to those whose loved ones are involved in the case.

Thankfully, Ellie and Jake have a happy ending to their terrifying ordeal. But for the McCanns, the agonising wait of knowing what happened to Maddie goes on and persistent trolls continue to spit bile in their direction.

Shame on them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16686903/cleo-smith-trolls-slithered-under-rock/

Very well said  8@??)(

Offline Brietta

« Reply #869 on: November 10, 2021, 10:07:43 AM »
^^^ain’t it the truth^^^

The thing is ~ it isn't done without malice aforethought.

It is done intentionally to cause harm and untold distress and there is something terribly sick about doing that.

The family friend had been at the campsite at the time Cleo went missing and helped scour the area in search of the four-year-old.

He said her distraught parents have also had to deal with online trolls who pointed the finger at them in the days following their daughter's disappearance.

Police have ruled out both Ms Smith and Mr Gliddon as suspects and Daily Mail Australia is not suggesting they had anything to do with her disappearance.

'I know it's affecting them. Fingers crossed they aren't looking at it too much,' the friend said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10154095/Cleo-Smith-Grim-twist-police-sort-mountain-rubbish-clues.html

Cleo's parents had to suffer this for eighteen days, which is bad and bad enough.  They enjoyed the absolute support of the police who had ruled them out as one of the first diligences performed.

Madeleine's parents have suffered this type of filth for coming up on fifteen years now and much of it was orchestrated by Amaral and his team of corrupt officers and friends.

It is not only "SHAME ON THEM" such trolling behaviour is beneath contempt.