Author Topic: Newish Portuguese video - anyone know what it is about?  (Read 8435 times)

Redblossom

Newish Portuguese video - anyone know what it is about?
« on: June 01, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »

Thanks in advance

AnneGuedes

Re: Newish Portuguese video - anyone know what it is about?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »
It's a Spanish program and it starts with the supposed Hewlett's confession to his (eldest) son in the UK. Remember ? After a year the son contacted the McCanns and the media saying he had to talk... but he had thrown the letter away meanwhile... No patience to watch more than that..

Offline gilet

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Interesting film.

Could a mod please move to the correct forum section?

Offline gilet

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
It's a Spanish program and it starts with the supposed Hewlett's confession to his (eldest) son in the UK. Remember ? After a year the son contacted the McCanns and the media saying he had to talk... but he had thrown the letter away meanwhile... No patience to watch more than that..

Tha is a great shame, especially when your language skills could have been of particular help to other members of the forum.

Ah well, we will have to wait for a poster with both the skills and more importantly enough patience to listen to things in their completeness. 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »

Tha is a great shame, especially when your language skills could have been of particular help to other members of the forum.

Ah well, we will have to wait for a poster with both the skills and more importantly enough patience to listen to things in their completeness.
I don't speak Spanish, Gilet, never learnt and never lived in Spain. I understand most of it thanks to Romanic Intercomprehension, but the quality of the sound is really bad.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
I wonder if the reason why Anne is reluctant ot tell us more about the contents of this video is that it doesn't stick slavishly to the "McCanns Dunnit" scenario so beloved of the "sceptics"?  Just a hypothesis you understand. >@@(*&)
Martha !

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »

thank you Anne!
 8((()*/

Glad the rubbish is getting around
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:17:41 PM by Redblossom »

Offline gilet

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »

I don't speak Spanish, Gilet, never learnt and never lived in Spain. I understand most of it thanks to Romanic Intercomprehension, but the quality of the sound is really bad.

I was very careful not to state that you spoke Spanish as I knew otherwise but I was correct that your language skills would have been useful especially as those with even more limited knowledge of Spanish such as myself will find the poor sound quality even more frustrating. Ah well, we can't all have patience to actually look at the material available I suppose.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

But he didn't contact the McCann's, Anne. Nor did he contact the media.

Wayne did not contact The Sun about the message. We learned of its existence through a friend.

Wayne said he considered going to Kate and Gerry with the letter but was worried it could cause them more heartache if it gave them false hope. He added: "I actually burned it because it unnerved me so much.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:07:42 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »
It is a Chilean TV program ... Hewlett ... Nothing new ... Some errors, for example, SY left the investigation ... The general conclusion: abducted by stranger ... Heri. 

Offline gilet

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
It is a Chilean TV program ... Hewlett ... Nothing new ... Some errors, for example, SY left the investigation ... The general conclusion: abducted by stranger ... Heri.

Thank you Heriberto.

So Martha's earlier comment seems to have been prophetic.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »

Thank you Heriberto.

So Martha's earlier comment seems to have been prophetic.
Curious to find out whether Martha had some prophetic aptitude ;) I jumped to the conclusion by a forensic psychologist :
the parents sedated the 3 children in order to have a quiet dinner, having overdosed accidentally Madeleine who died. In order to divert attention, they started a campaign to find Madeleine, then transported the decomposing corpse in a rented car and buried it in a church.
No comment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:12:15 AM by AnneGuedes »

registrar

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 01:27:15 AM »

Anne Guedes, as an alleged translator from Portguese into English and vice versa

I would have expected you to give us the gist of this at least

Portuguese is basically a dialect of Spanish - as Dutch is a dialect of High German - the basic meaning would be understandable to speakers of either language. Do you dispute this?

You copped out tonight and let the forum down - just my view, honey 8((()*/

Astro and Ines never welched on the deal to my knowledge
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:48:21 AM by registrar »

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 01:43:59 AM »
I think that Portuguese is not a dialect from Spanish, but they are both dialects of Latin.

There is a dialect of Portuguese, I think, it is the Galego, which is one of the 4 official Spanish languages (along with Spanish, Euskera and Català) ...

And about the understanding of the languages, my last ex girlfriend was from Brazil (near Brasilia) where they talk Portuguese ... But she can not understand Portuguese people of Lisbon when they talk!!!

Heri.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:48:25 AM by Heriberto Janosch »

registrar

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 01:55:28 AM »
I think that Portuguese is not a dialect from Spanish, but they are both dialects of Latin.

There is a dialect of Portuguese, I think, it is the Galego, which is one of the 4 official Spanish languages (along with Spanish, Euskera and Català) ...

And about the understanding of the languages, my last ex girlfriend was from Brazil (near Brasilia) where they talk Portuguese ... But she can not understand Portuguese people of Lisbon when they talk!!!

Heri.

Thanks Heri for your insights

but I await Anne's views as professional linguist, to answer my query

if that's fine with you

Could she not or did she simply not want to give us a basic understanding of the programme Red posted?