Author Topic: Thoughts On The Case  (Read 43198 times)

Offline John

Re: Thoughts On The Case
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2021, 09:35:58 PM »
Another thought is about opportunity; was this the first time that Sheila and the twins came to stay, without Colin or anyone else, since JB came back from his trips abroad?

Pete

One factor which has always been important for me in this case was opportunity. Wasn't it quite inopportune that the perpetrator chose a time when the house was full and didn't choose a time when only Nevill and June were there. None of it makes any sense for an outsider to be involved. Assassins are not stupid by any means, they will always pick a time which suits them.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:38:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Propatria

« Reply #466 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:51 PM »
I believe JB stated that his father would get up regularly when the dogs barked (foxes were mentioned). If JB was the perpetrator, he was known to the dogs and the likelihood is they would not have barked and would not have woken NB or the other up. I'm pretty sure this would not have been the case with a paid killer. Obviously, none of this applies to Sheila being responsible.

Another thought is about the key left in the coal shed. It was stated that the other key used to secure the door from inside was sometimes left in the lock and sometimes left on the side. When the police forced entry, the key was in the lock, however, that does not preclude the possibility that JB entered using the coal shed key and put the key into the door before leaving via the window. That would lead the police to think it was an inside job i.e. Sheila.

Pete

Offline John

« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2021, 12:46:07 AM »
I believe JB stated that his father would get up regularly when the dogs barked (foxes were mentioned). If JB was the perpetrator, he was known to the dogs and the likelihood is they would not have barked and would not have woken NB or the other up. I'm pretty sure this would not have been the case with a paid killer. Obviously, none of this applies to Sheila being responsible.

Another thought is about the key left in the coal shed. It was stated that the other key used to secure the door from inside was sometimes left in the lock and sometimes left on the side. When the police forced entry, the key was in the lock, however, that does not preclude the possibility that JB entered using the coal shed key and put the key into the door before leaving via the window. That would lead the police to think it was an inside job i.e. Sheila.

Pete

I agree with the first part. In my opinion however, Jeremy simply gained entry via a downstairs window. All he had to do was unsnib it before going home.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.