Author Topic: Bamber had a trial run with sleeping pills  (Read 18856 times)

Offline Tinaboo17

Re: Bamber had a trial run with sleeping pills
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2021, 09:37:07 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I am new to the group and still finding my away around.

Hi Nicholas/ amanda, I'm not sure of the date she went to the doctors, and I've not read the part about the girl from the checkers, I will read that part next and let you know my thoughts.

I came to the conclusion from reading the statement near the start of this thread, it was the way that Julie had worded things in there.

. I later took one tablet but didn’t take anymore. The weekend after I got the tablets I went down to Goldhanger and told Jeremy about going to the doctor and I showed him the tablets. I told him I was annoyed with the Doctor because the doctor hadn’t discussed  the problem with me but just prescribed tablets. I showed him the tablets and told him they were big and fat and hard to swallow. Nothing more was said about them and I put the bottle on the microwave in the kitchen.

She had taken one and no more and she mentioned that she was annoyed at the doctor for not trying to resolve the issue, but try to mask it with tablets.
She also stated they where big and fat and hard to swallow, to me this is all adding up to her not wishing to take anymore then the one tablet

It really is the way she is talking  so negatively about the pills, and how she had the bad experience taking the first one.

Also I've read in another statement somewhere that Jerry asked her to get some tablets for him  not sure which thread it was on.

So it just seems strange to me that she talks so negatively about something and she had been informed of plans to take his family's lives, using this method that she should then take one tablet and leave the rest there.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2021, 01:09:16 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I am new to the group and still finding my away around.

Hi Nicholas/ amanda, I'm not sure of the date she went to the doctors, and I've not read the part about the girl from the checkers, I will read that part next and let you know my thoughts.

I came to the conclusion from reading the statement near the start of this thread, it was the way that Julie had worded things in there.

. I later took one tablet but didn’t take anymore. The weekend after I got the tablets I went down to Goldhanger and told Jeremy about going to the doctor and I showed him the tablets. I told him I was annoyed with the Doctor because the doctor hadn’t discussed  the problem with me but just prescribed tablets. I showed him the tablets and told him they were big and fat and hard to swallow. Nothing more was said about them and I put the bottle on the microwave in the kitchen.

She had taken one and no more and she mentioned that she was annoyed at the doctor for not trying to resolve the issue, but try to mask it with tablets.
She also stated they where big and fat and hard to swallow, to me this is all adding up to her not wishing to take anymore then the one tablet

It really is the way she is talking  so negatively about the pills, and how she had the bad experience taking the first one.

Also I've read in another statement somewhere that Jerry asked her to get some tablets for him  not sure which thread it was on.

So it just seems strange to me that she talks so negatively about something and she had been informed of plans to take his family's lives, using this method that she should then take one tablet and leave the rest there.

What about June’s sleeping pills ?

Julie stated,

‘I remember that he said that he would use his mother’s sleeping pills to put on the drinks as she was taking them at the time’

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2021, 08:34:24 AM »
I'm not sure of the date she went to the doctors, and I've not read the part about the girl from the checkers, I will read that part next and let you know my thoughts.

Was it in this thread where you read ‘somewhere that Jerry asked her to get some tablets for him’?

The story of the girl from the Chequers public house in Colchester is one that Bamber supporters don’t appear to want to address and there’s very little in the public domain about this however ..

I don’t know the exact date Bamber - and Charles Marsden - met the girl from the Chequers pub nor the date Julie left her medication behind at Goldhanger but it’s possible this could tie in from around the time Julie left her medication at Goldhanger ?

Below is a brief extract from Carol Ann Lee’s book ‘The Murders at White House Farm’ regarding the girl from the Chequers public house

In addition to the odd dalliance with Sue Ford, Jeremy was unfaithful to Julie in the first half of 1984 with two other women. The first was Liz Rimmimgton, whose relationship with Malcolm Waters had come to an end. After spending the night with Jeremy, Liz felt ‘terribly guilty’, telling Essex police in 1985 that they were never ‘romantically involved’ and Julie knew nothing about it.

Jeremy’s second liaison was with another friend of Julie’s. He and Charles Marsden had spent an evening drinking with the girl at the Chequers. Returning to Bourtree cottage after the pub closed, Charles went to bed while Jeremy and the girl stayed downstairs drinking. She told detectives in 1985 that she had suddenly found herself in Jeremy’s bedroom with him, ‘on top of me having intercourse’. Charles Marsden lay next to them; he recalled waking up to find the couple having sex but both he and the girl confirmed he had taken no part in what was going on.

The following day, the girl wondered whether she had been drugged. Feeling ‘shocked, angry and abused’ after hearing that Jeremy had told Julie about the episode, she called at the cottage while Jeremy was working. Julie recalled the girl describing a threesome and, when she confronted Jeremy, he told her that the girl was neurotic. Leaving Julie sobbing in the garden, he returned later and charged at the locked door, splintering it. Julie decided to believe him and broke off her friendship with the girl as he asked

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zV3WCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA94&lpg=PA94&dq=charles+marsden+essex&source=bl&ots=jQISI3Diw_&sig=ACfU3U1i336DTUwUTlMThBe2M3Xntg_NJA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil_JK6psXpAhW-QhUIHRPOAwkQ6AEwBHoECAQQAQ#v=onepage&q=charles%20marsden%20essex&f=false

For some reason Carol Ann Lee refers to this girl as a ‘friend of Julie’s’ but according to Julies witness statement she claimed the girl was ‘an associate of Charles Marsdens’

What’s interesting and alarming about this ‘liaison’ as Carol Ann Lee refers to it is,

The following day, the girl wondered whether she had been drugged’

There would appear to be an assumption here that Julie obtained tranquillisers for Jeremy because the sleeping tablets which he tested were useless and didn't have the desired effect.

The first observation we would say about this is that what he did was illegal.  If what Julie's says is correct then Jeremy Bamber is also guilty of drugging someone without their permission and she knew about it.  The Law provides that someone who "administers to or causes to be taken by another, poison or any other destructive or noxious substance" is guilty of Assault. The law includes sedatives or other sedating type drugs within this definition.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 08:50:14 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »

If Julie really did obtain medication for Bamber - I’m of the view she didn’t - why didn’t she seemingly consider the possibly he’d used it on the girl from the Chequers pub?

Julie recalls the incident involving the girl from the pub as occurring ‘last summer’
Last summer I was approached by a girl called Sarah who was an associate of Charles MARSDEN

Did this incident occur after Julie had left her medication on the microwave in the kitchen at Goldhanger ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:02:17 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2021, 09:05:06 AM »

Again, if Julie really did think Bamber planned to use her medication on his family - I don’t think she did - but if she did, why didn’t she ever consider him having used it on the girl from the Chequers pub?

Wouldn’t the thought have crossed her mind?

Jeremy’s second liaison was with another friend of Julie’s. He and Charles Marsden had spent an evening drinking with the girl at the Chequers. Returning to Bourtree cottage after the pub closed, Charles went to bed while Jeremy and the girl stayed downstairs drinking. She told detectives in 1985 that she had suddenly found herself in Jeremy’s bedroom with him, ‘on top of me having intercourse’. Charles Marsden lay next to them; he recalled waking up to find the couple having sex but both he and the girl confirmed he had taken no part in what was going on.

The following day, the girl wondered whether she had been drugged. Feeling ‘shocked, angry and abused’ after hearing that Jeremy had told Julie about the episode, she called at the cottage while Jeremy was working. Julie recalled the girl describing a threesome and, when she confronted Jeremy, he told her that the girl was neurotic. Leaving Julie sobbing in the garden, he returned later and charged at the locked door, splintering it. Julie decided to believe him and broke off her friendship with the girl as he asked.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zV3WCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA94&lpg=PA94&dq=charles+marsden+essex&source=bl&ots=jQISI3Diw_&sig=ACfU3U1i336DTUwUTlMThBe2M3Xntg_NJA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil_JK6psXpAhW-QhUIHRPOAwkQ6AEwBHoECAQQAQ#v=onepage&q=charles%20marsden%20essex&f=false

If Julie thought Bamber planned to drug people (his family members) with her medication why didn’t she seemingly consider this when the girl went to Goldhanger to tell her what had happened to her ?

Julie refers to Bamber’s plans to ‘slip sleeping pills into their drinks’ (Top of sheet 9) of his family in the same statement she recalls the incident of the girl from the Chequers public house (sheet 11) here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=283.msg4960#msg4960
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:19:47 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2021, 10:20:37 AM »

But yet nothing from Julie about the girl from the Chequers public house suggesting she thought she’d been ‘drugged’?

’The following day, the girl wondered whether she had been drugged. Feeling ‘shocked, angry and abused’ after hearing that Jeremy had told Julie about the episode, she called at the cottage while Jeremy was working’
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:23:19 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2021, 08:42:09 AM »
What about June’s sleeping pills ?

If June Bamber was taking sleeping pills what levels of these drugs were found following her PM does anyone know?

You've got me thinking again with the first extract and his mother's sleeping pills and whether he slipped one or two in their drinks at supper-time the night before... but no doubt traces would have been discovered by Vanezis et al at post mortem.

Traces of tranquilliser tablets in any of their bodies would only have been detectable in certain quantities.  Remember that for weeks after the killings the cops thought they were dealing with four murders and a suicide.  Could traces of the tablets been overlooked to some extent?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:51:31 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2021, 04:28:30 PM »
Journalist Roger Wilkes interpretation from ‘Blood relations’

The detectives seemed anxious to probe Jeremy Bamber’s sexual habits and preferences.

‘But Charles Marsden was at pains to insist he hadn’t taken part in the sex session. And when Jeremy returned from walking the girl home, Marsden had got up and driven himself home

It’s possible Essex police were attempting to investigate the drug/date rape of the girl from the Chequers public house

And it appears Charles Marsden may have told police Bamber walked the girl home - if true, he appears to have lied
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:31:55 PM by Nicholas »