Author Topic: Consider this scenario - Would a guilty person keep their case alive for many years?  (Read 58718 times)

Offline Mr Gray

You clearly don't know much about psychopaths. They aren't all serial killers or criminals. Many very successful people are psychopaths too.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-180947814/?no-ist
http://www.alternet.org/culture/10-careers-most-psychopaths

and you think you know a lot about psychpaths because you read a couple of articles on the net. You need to read the articles again...........

first article.....I’d rather beat someone in an argument than beat them up.”

looks like we are all psychopaths on here

stephen25000

I certainly put different values on different people...

Yes, we know.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:52:34 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

I must obviously be some kind of weird parent anyway ... having dredged all the holiday brochures before booking the family holiday to ensure my children would have a really miserable holiday while I cavorted with my friends whose kids were similarly disadvantaged.

However I am stuck with trying to work out why, if my child had been the victim of a fatal accident, I would immediately clean up the area and dispose of her body in preference to seeking assistance and calling the authorities?

Is that a normal reaction and what one would do?  Dunno ... but I think it must be because there are a few folks around who seem to be convinced that in the circumstances that is what one does while on holiday.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:53:20 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

Why do some think because some parents leave their children,  not abandoning them but checking on them at intervals,  means they would suddenly turn into Psychopaths?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:54:14 PM by John »

stephen25000

I must obviously be some kind of weird parent anyway ... having dredged all the holiday brochures before booking the family holiday to ensure my children would have a really miserable holiday while I cavorted with my friends whose kids were similarly disadvantaged.

However I am stuck with trying to work out why, if my eldest had been the victim of a fatal accident, I would immediately clean up the area and dispose of her body in preference to seeking assistance and calling the authorities?

Is that a normal reaction and what one would do?  Dunno ... but I think it must be because there are a few folks around who seem to be convinced that in the circumstances that is what one does while on holiday.

Self preservation and extremely selfish behaviour.

IMHO.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:54:46 PM by John »

stephen25000

An simulated aabductio is putting the blame on others, who have yet to be proven to exist.

Easier than taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's the 'not me gov' mentality.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:58:17 PM by John »

Offline Lace

A simulated abduction is putting the blame on others, who have yet to be proven to exist.

Easier than taking responsibility for their own actions.

It's the 'not me gov' mentality.

Well YOU don't believe the abductor story so that didn't work did it?

You say self preservation,  yet they said their child was abducted instead of saying my child had an accident when we were dining with friends and she is dead.   I'm sorry the fact that an abductor had taken their child to do who knows which is FAR worse than an accident where a child died due to a fall.   

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:59:57 PM by John »

Offline Lace

Obviously during the day there are more people around.   At night there is no one well one would think so.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:04:52 PM by John »

Offline lordpookles

I think we would...and it would not be a professor of cardiology....the sort of people we need who dedicate their lives to helping others...we don't need those who dedicate their life to persecution...what use are they... no use at all ...think about it.

[ edited ]

You make a very good point imo regarding the profession. Saying that everyone has a right to a point of view and are free to think and feel what they like. Dedicating your life to something like that though is something else. It's his life though and I  think through open discourse it's more likely to be advantageous for everyone in the long run then to stifle debate.

Also, I guess we post on here for different reasons. Some are morally concerned like for instance I believe Alfie is, Jean-Pierre and perhaps you are too. Me, I like to play armchair detective and enjoy reading various theories abduction/disappearance etc. Overall I think it's a very sad story, mostly for Madeleine and the McCanns and imo will one day eventually be resolved.

[ edited ]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:08:13 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

You make a very good point imo regarding the profession. Saying that everyone has a right to a point of view and are free to think and feel what they like. Dedicating your life to something like that though is something else. It's his life though and I  think through open discourse it's more likely to be advantageous for everyone in the long run then to stifle debate.

Also, I guess we post on here for different reasons. Some are morally concerned like for instance I believe Alfie is, Jean-Pierre and perhaps you are too. Me, I like to play armchair detective and enjoy reading various theories abduction/disappearance etc. Overall I think it's a very sad story, mostly for Madeleine and the McCanns and imo will one day eventually be resolved.

[ edited ]

I post because I believe in justice
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:10:09 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

Given that if what you say is correct, and that a significant percentage of all parents are psychopaths (for example all those who parents who have used holiday creches and who adopt the "leave them to cry themselves to sleep" method of baby rearing), then would you say that psychopathy is at play in the scenario I have outlined?  Does it perhaps explain why, despite the case being shelved, *you* simply won't let the world forget about *your* missing child and go to great lengths to getting the case reviewed by the best police force in *your* country?  Does that sound realisitc and plausible to you?

Psychopaths and narcissists lack empathy, but they're not the only ones. It's not a natural quality, it has to be learned. Small children will hurt others without a thought. Empathy is taken very seriously in Denmark;

“The Danes teach empathy in schools, which is quite special.
http://www.mothermag.com/teaching-empathy-to-children/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:14:51 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

[ edited ]

Well thought out post and succinctly put, Lordpookles.

What are your 'armchair detective' thoughts as to why professional parents would endanger themselves by attempting to cover up an accident? Why not micromanage the scene starting by at least trying to make it look like a forced entry.

I doubt I would make a false claim of that nature without making sure the basics were in place to substantiate it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:20:51 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline lordpookles

Well thought out post and succinctly put, Lordpookles.

What are your 'armchair detective' thoughts as to why professional parents would endanger themselves by attempting to cover up an accident? Why not micromanage the scene starting by at least trying to make it look like a forced entry.

I doubt I would make a false claim of that nature without making sure the basics were in place to substantiate it.

Yep I've read some of your views on that and I think differently on that point. If you murdered someone and decided to stage the scene - would you go too far thereby leaving potentially more forensics and clues, which could implicate yourself or do as little as possible? My view is for the latter.

Another case, which i was interested in was the Amanda Knox case. As we all know she has been exonerated. I don't know if she was involved, but imo there was a helluva lot more evidence then in this case. There was a body for a start and lots of forensics. Anyway, it appeared as if the scene had been staged, because a rock was found inside the house. Apparently used to smash a window, which looked like it had been placed there because it was on top of all the other debris in the room, which had been trashed like it was a robbery. Small details like this, which would be apparent to a professional eye, but the perpetrator would be oblivious to their mistakes... saying all that the parents if involved and being ordinary citizens and perhaps not having an interest in crime would go too far with staging the scene as would most imo. IMO, it looks like someone has been in and out of that apartment very fast and my own theory is that the missing child may have been lured to the window and they never even entered.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:24:12 PM by John »

Alfie

In trying to erase all blame in the case, yes.
How does my scenario achieve that?

Alfie

Psychopaths and narcissists lack empathy, but they're not the only ones. It's not a natural quality, it has to be learned. Small children will hurt others without a thought. Empathy is taken very seriously in Denmark;

“The Danes teach empathy in schools, which is quite special.
http://www.mothermag.com/teaching-empathy-to-children/

How would *you* know that a fully independent, transparent and thorough examination of all the evidence would get you off the hook forever?  Why might it not have the opposite effect and put *you* back in the frame again?  Are psychopaths really that anxious about shaping perceptions of the general public?  Isn't it much much easier to fade into obscurity, or even move abroad, change *your* name than insist that the full glare of the media and the police is focused on *you* and *your* psychopathic behaviour and actions?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:26:46 PM by John »