Author Topic: Consider this scenario - Would a guilty person keep their case alive for many years?  (Read 59100 times)

Alfie

Can anyone judge innocence or guilt simply by examining what people do or say after an event? According to the video posted earlier the answer is no. That's because guilty people do their best to behave as if they were innocent.
If you are going to answer my post, at least have the decency to answer the question I posed first.  If it is usual behaviour for the guilty involved in unsolved crimes to keep the spotlight on themselves and to petition for their crimes to be reviewed or reinvestigated by the police so as to appear innocent then there should be many, many examples of this having occurred in the past.  So let's have some examples of this apparently usual phenomenon shall we?

Offline pegasus

Offline Mr Gray

If you have any evidence whatsoever that the hypothetical couple invited SY to investigate them, please provide it.  It would truly be most revealing.

And how can I have bias in a hypothetical scenario?
The replies to this hypothetical scenario are following strict party lines
The bias shines through

Offline mercury

NO
And in the hypothetical situation the perpetrators knew for a fact there was no evidence then they wouldnt care
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:24:39 PM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

Can partners deceive those who love them? Hell yes! Most of these headlines refer to wives being deceived, but it could work both ways;

Wife of GPML fraudster says she knew nothing about her husband's ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Fraudster-s-wife-says-knew-cad-husband-s-crim...
24 Nov 2014 - She denies any knowledge of her former husband's crime, claiming ... 'I was totally unaware of a lot of things that Gerry was doing,' she said.
Despite Red Flags, These Wives Had No Clue Their Husbands Were ...
allday.com/post/3835-despite-red-flags-these-wives...husbands.../2/
Completely unaware, Linda suspected nothing when she found her husband ... his crimes, including newspaper clippings, photos, and videos; in places his wife ...
Fugitive awaits extradition; wife unaware of husband's crimes ...
www.newson6.com/.../fugitive-awaits-extradition-wife-unaware-of-husban...
He is wanted in a double homicide in Florida and crimes in three other states McClarty, 22, was added to the FBI list just days before he was taken into custody ...
Ex-wife of crime boss 'never knew' about his gangland activities ...
www.independent.ie/.../exwife-of-crime-boss-never-knew-about-his-gan...
11 Feb 2016 - The ex-wife of a Dublin crime boss has said the city's gangs would "pat ... RTÉ's 'Liveline' that she was unaware of her ex-husband's activities.
here are the 4 links G-Unit posted, reconstructed into working order

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2847516/Fraudster-s-wife-says-knew-cad-husband-s-crime-home-children-cheated-her.html

http://allday.com/post/3835-despite-red-flags-these-wives-had-no-clue-their-husbands-were-serial-killers/

http://www.newson6.com/story/7684157/fugitive-awaits-extradition-wife-unaware-of-husbands-crimes

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exwife-of-crime-boss-never-knew-about-his-gangland-activities-34443051.html

Offline mercury

LOL I just spent time  finding them and was in mddle to posting and you beat me to it

Great minds

Offline sadie

NO
And in the hypothetical situation the perpetrators knew for a fact there was no evidence then they wouldnt care

Nobody could KNOW for certain that there were no clues, no evidence, pointing towards them.

Offline pegasus

LOL I just spent time  finding them and was in mddle to posting and you beat me to it

Great minds
Sorry Merc (same thing has happened to me in past). The allday link is the most shocking IMO.

Offline mercury

Sorry Merc (same thing has happened to me in past). The allday link is the most shocking IMO.
Will check it out tomorrow pegs,have to sleep now nite

Offline John

Posters are again reminded that this thread isc merely a hypothetical scenario posed by Alfred. 
No references or inferences should be made to existing unsolved cases.

I will attach some removed posts to appropriate threads if possible.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:47:21 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

OK John message received.

I would however like to ask if it's considered quite understandable that the person in my scenario would - at considerable expense - get photofits drawn up of himself based on the evidence of the people he knew had seen him committing the heinous deed?

Offline jassi

Would this hypothetical person even know that the detectives were going to produce e-fits before they actually produced them?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfie

Would this hypothetical person even know that the detectives were going to produce e-fits before they actually produced them?
You mean the detectives employed - at considerable expense - by the hypothetical person to investigate his own crimes?

Offline jassi

You mean the detectives employed - at considerable expense - by the hypothetical person to investigate his own crimes?

That's the one. How would he know they would go 'rogue' and do their own thing ?   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfie

That's the one. How would he know they would go 'rogue' and do their own thing ?   @)(++(*
Well let's see....if that person was me and I'd employed detectives to investigate my child's disappearance, the child whose body I had hidden away somewhere I would expect these detectives to focus at some point in their investigation on sightings of the possible perpetrator (one of which was certainly me).  I might also expect them as part of that investigation to ask the witnesses to describe the potential perpetrator, even to get an artist's impression of what this person might look like (crazy idea I know, maybe "normal" criminal types don't have such crazy ideas!)