Author Topic: Consider this scenario - Would a guilty person keep their case alive for many years?  (Read 59095 times)

Offline G-Unit

The evidence I was referring to in my post is all the so-called evidence in the files against the McCanns that sceptics have based all their suspicions on, the evidence that thr McCanns themselves begged the government to be reviewed by the police after the case had been archived and was receding in people’s memories.  Apparently this seems a perfectly explicable thing for criminals to do, yet no one can really explain why.

The McCanns were told that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

The McCanns were told that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by them.
When and by whom?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

When and by whom?

The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.
https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

The archiving of the Process concerning Arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.
But clearly most sceptics do not agree and have based ALL their suspicions of the McCanns on the plethora of evidence that they can see in the files that points (in their opinion) to the McCanns.  So I repeat: why ask your government for a review of all this supposedly incriminating evidence when you could simply slink back into obscurity safe in the knowledge that the authorites were now highly unlikely to ever re-open the case against you?  Does it make any sense?  Or are you happy with the explanation that the McCanns simply behaved in an entirely illogical fashion by asking for their own alleged crimes to be reviewed?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

After their review of the evidence the Judicial Police confirmed that their inquiries were pointed away from past investigations which exonerated suspects in 2008.  Instead their effort was firmly directed towards those against whom the introduction new evidence existed, which was required to enable the reopening of Madeleine's case.

Research reopened in 2013
The Judicial Police reopened the investigation in 2013 after the case was dismissed by the Attorney General's Office in 2008, exonerating the three defendants, Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, and another Briton, Robert Murat. 
https://www.dn.pt/pais/pj-tem-novo-suspeito-do-desaparecimento-de-madeleine-mccann--12273223.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

What does Judicial Police actually mean?  I have always found this to be a bit worrying.

Offline jassi

What does Judicial Police actually mean?  I have always found this to be a bit worrying.

Do you come under its jurisdiction ?

If not what is to worry about as it won't affect you ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

Do you come under its jurisdiction ?

If not what is to worry about as it won't affect you ?

Send in The Clowns?  They are already here.

Offline Brietta

I think it is perfectly obvious that the McCann's motivation is directed at finding their daughter or at least finding out what happened to her.
It is beyond comprehension why there are those who strenuously object to that and/or question the motive which drives them.

The McCanns are rightly obsessed with fulfilling their goal.  What is it which drives those equally obsessed with derailing them from their objective?

Father confesses British police investigation was a relief
"We feel that it took a huge amount of pressure off us, individually and as a family," Gerry said

Lusa
30 April 2017

The opening of the British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was a great relief after the disappointment of seeing the Portuguese authorities file the case, the child's father said.

Since the Metropolitan Police really started the investigation we feel that it has taken a huge amount of pressure off us, individually and as a family," Gerry McCann told the BBC in the only interview the couple gave on the 10th anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, and whose reproduction was authorised for other media.

Operation Grange was opened in 2011 to reassess all documents and information related to the case, evolving the following year to a formal inquiry.

Meanwhile, the Judicial Police also reopened the case, having made several steps in coordination with british detectives.

For the Scottish doctor, the closure of the initial Judicial Police investigation meant that "no one was proactively doing anything to try and find Madeleine", resulting in a sense of injustice and frustration at not seeing all possible lines of inquiry.

Gerry McCann acknowledged that they had been privileged with donations that would have exceeded two million euros, which allowed to fund a campaign to try to find the daughter, including the hiring of private detectives, but said that they do not have the same powers as a police force.

The British investigation, he continued, allowed several lines of inquiry to be investigated, many of which were closed without the response to what happened to Madeleine being reached.

"This is almost as important as finding the person responsible, knowing that these lines have been closed," he said.

As for the "crucial" clues Scotland Yard revealed this week, parents are reassured that the inquiry is continuing to progress.

"They've managed to gather so much and crypts so much information, so now it looks like there are only a few lines of inquiry instead of tens or hundreds," added the child's mother, Kate McCann.

Of the 29 detectives that "Operation Grange" initially involved there are only four dedicated to the case, but since 2011 around 12 million pounds (14 million euros) have been spent.

Gerry McCann considers that the criticism of the media invested in this investigation is "very unfair" even given that it is only a child among many missing, but argued that this is a very rare case and that it has attracted a lot of attention.

"There are millions of British tourists who go to the Algarve every year and essentially we have a British person who has been the target of a crime and there are other crimes that were discovered after madeleine's abduction involving British tourists. So I think being judged is a reasonable purpose," he said.

https://www.dn.pt/sociedade/maddie10-anos-pai-confessa-que-investigacao-policial-britanica-foi-um-alivio-6256034.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

But clearly most sceptics do not agree and have based ALL their suspicions of the McCanns on the plethora of evidence that they can see in the files that points (in their opinion) to the McCanns.  So I repeat: why ask your government for a review of all this supposedly incriminating evidence when you could simply slink back into obscurity safe in the knowledge that the authorites were now highly unlikely to ever re-open the case against you?  Does it make any sense?  Or are you happy with the explanation that the McCanns simply behaved in an entirely illogical fashion by asking for their own alleged crimes to be reviewed?
We’ll never get an answer to this that actually addresses these points head on will we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

We’ll never get an answer to this that actually addresses these points head on will we?

They looked really comfortable on Crimewatch didn't they, when the MET released the e-fits of 'the abductor' (which the McCanns weren't keen to publicise themselves for some reason).
If *insert Spams theory* what evidence do you think the police would ever be able to find against them?

The answer to my own question is none.
In the instance of spams theory, the McCanns could be fully confident the police wouldn't be able to either find Maddie or any firm evidence of their involvement.
It wouldn't look good to either the public, media or their friends & family, especially their own children, if they didn't appear to have made every effort to find their abducted daughter. They couldn't just slink back into obscurity, as you suggest, because the case is so high profile.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 06:16:21 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

The answer to my own question is none.
In the instance of spams theory, the McCanns could be fully confident the police wouldn't be able to either find Maddie or any firm evidence of their involvement.
It wouldn't look good to either the public, media or their friends & family, especially their own children, if they didn't appear to have made every effort to find their abducted daughter. They couldn't just slink back into obscurity, as you suggest, because the case is so high profile.

Except that is exactly what they have done, excepting for high days & holidays.
Perhaps they were advised that having a high profile was  not helping things and finally took the message on board.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

Perhaps they were advised that having a high profile was  not helping things and finally took the message on board.

Having OG investigating stranger abduction and nothing else cleared the way for them and their PR people to step back.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Now they have yes.
Not doing the chat show circuit anymore, & not at all convinced by Wolters, unsurprisingly.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

I got the impression that things changed when Rowley spoke to Brunt on the tenth anniversary. Mitchell was predicting a 'bidding war' but in the end none of that happened.
Result = happy posting.